- the Discord server is thriving! We have many members, custom roles, custom emotes
, custom voice channels, Yamon-protection, a #tech_support channel headed by Tupac, a #cartography channel for mapmakers, and a bunch of other cool crap! JOIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!Update
- the Discord server is doing really well! Over 50 people have started using it off and on. It's super easy & fast to get started, you can use it with a desktop mic, headset, or smartphone. Download is optional on desktop. Everyone is encouraged to try it out -- you can't beat voice chat during team games, it's handy as hell! Features:
- Runs in your browser without installing or registering, takes seconds to get started
- If you don't have a mic you can use it on your smartphone (both Apple & Android)
- Very fast, excellent audio quality, great interface
- Completely free, no ads, no restricted features
- Send notifications with @mentions (great way to stay in touch and annoy people to log on & play )
Anyone ever used Discord? Today I tried a server hosted by tetrisbros and it's really nice. It's for text & voice chat like Teamspeak but web based, no registration required, can voice chat right in the browser (with Chrome/FF/Opera, IE not supported), and there are also desktop & mobiles app.
It's free and takes 10 seconds to set up a new server, so I set up a server for us: http://en.war2.ru/discord
Everyone go try it out right now!