Author Topic: Map Series: 2p Coop Campaign  (Read 25989 times)

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Map Series: 2p Coop Campaign
« on: May 31, 2016, 09:11:56 PM »
Hey i want to start this topic to start posting my new map series idea The 2p Coop Campaign, hope it is added to War2ru donwloads section, when completed.

2p Coop Campaign
The maps will remain same as original to maintain the nostalgic feelings, except that the enemies will be scaled to 2X to maintain the difficulty average. Also a 2nd player base, of set of units will be added with same starting conditions.

-Human.
01: Added ogres and Troll lumbermill to enemy, 2nd player base.
02: Added more enemies with more tower, 2nd player base.

-Orc.
01: Added knight and Elven lumbermill to enemy, 2nd player base.
02: Added knights, ballistas and enemy town hall, 2nd player base.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:10:22 PM by salvadorc17 »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: Map Series: 2p Coop Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
Hey i want to start this topic to start posting my new map series idea The 2p Coop Campaign, hope it is added to War2ru donwloads section, when completed.

2p Coop Campaign
The maps will remain same as original to maintain the nostalgic feelings, except that the enemies will be scaled to 2X to maintain the difficulty average. Also a 2nd player base, of set of units will be added with same starting conditions.

Welcome ! Yeah looks like a fun project. If you are looking for a teammate to help you complete all the campaign maps you should check this thread. Similar projects so maybe it would save you some time if you plan to do them all. Would love to have the complete set.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2180.0.html
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:54:25 PM by tupac »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 07:22:56 AM »
nice man! instead of double units,add another cpu :o that would be getting difficult even with 2 players.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »

Welcome ! Yeah looks like a fun project. If you are looking for a teammate to help you complete all the campaign maps you should check this thread. Similar projects so maybe it would save you some time if you plan to do them all. Would love to have the complete set.

Yes, im here again, my old account was lost, also hes doing a good work with Hard campaing example, but only have 3 maps, i will be able to complete it, and are want to test it if you like..

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »
You still want to support me with the map series, does have any other suggestions?

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 05:35:46 PM »
Sure I can give plunty of advice and troubleshooting if needed. Also you could try to balance orc and humans for a cool multiplayer map. Maybe make orge mages act like dks so palis can cast spell on orges...

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »
You mean i will need to do custom unit data modifications to get balanced gameplay??

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 01:48:43 PM »
well yeah..u kinda always want to shoot for balance other wise your dellam.  :P

exo on orges :o that would probably beat lust.

but since your making a coop..id just leave it alone and just make it tougher for 2 players.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:09:20 PM by easycompany »

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 08:27:47 PM »
Yes doing tougher enemies is my original idea, but i think tupac also want to make it so the gameplay is better, and no simple 2 player maps..

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 03:51:01 PM »
I got replace the campaign map files, now will need to know how to change map script.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »
ok when you play in bnet,it is destroy all enemies so u dont have to worry about it.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
ok when you play in bnet,it is destroy all enemies so u dont have to worry about it.

Yes, now im having a better idea about create new custom campaign with edited mission objectives.

Offline Doler

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
I`m very interested in this project. I and a friend of mine have always wanted to play the warcraft 2 campaign in coop.
Let me know if we can help you with anything, and keep us posted on the progress.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:44 PM »
I`m very interested in this project. I and a friend of mine have always wanted to play the warcraft 2 campaign in coop.
Let me know if we can help you with anything, and keep us posted on the progress.

Yes, the problem of coop campaign is that maps will always have same objective because there are no triggers in multiplayers, maybe we can meet sometime to test it.

Offline Doler

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »

Yes, the problem of coop campaign is that maps will always have same objective because there are no triggers in multiplayers, maybe we can meet sometime to test it.

Not sure if anyone knows a way around this? Should be some way to make SP objectives possible.
Meanwhille I hope you can continue working on the maps, even w/o the objective! Keep up the good work!