Author Topic: Any Archers Only Oldies out there?  (Read 30519 times)

Offline ~Gh()$t~

• Critter
    • View Profile
Any Archers Only Oldies out there?
« on: June 06, 2016, 04:34:35 PM »
I'm like 99% sure I know Evil~Ryu and Weed are, but anyone else?

I was in the old [AA], AA. along with several other impactful Archers Only clans. Started my own as well that had a small life of its own.. Optical.

Anywho.. downloading this tonight! Look forward to trying to see which of the old strats still work (2 Rack, 3 Rack, 2Hall, No Rush Till Level 7, etc.)

Good times ahead!

Anyone remember all the Gem ppl who played? (Diamond, Ruby, Etc.?)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »
Holy shit! Ghost!!!! What's new bro?! Long time no see. [emoji50]

[AA]deadly aka XPikachu still plays at times. Along with Arrow.

WA]cripple is on under a different aka nowadays...~crip? I think...I don't even think he plays Archers anymore.

Other than that I haven't really seen the old crew. [emoji53] There really isn't a AO community around like we had back in archer clan days [emoji53], those days are long gone sadly. AA, IR, FA, EA, WA rip...(I am sure I am missing a few micro clans).

If you need old maps including Archers, go to the downloads section on server website and download the Clan EviL mappack. I'll try to be on tonight.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:08:01 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Any Archers Only Oldies out there?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »
Nice, welcome back! We have a decent crowd playing archers lately - fat~budz, masta{hr}, flea, arrow, thumb$, [aa]deadly, lambchops, aa-benzhu, others I forget. And of course Claw has been systematically murdering all the top archers players, some nice fresh replays available on his yt channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pffflstlss/videos
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:36:02 PM »
...Claw has been systematically murdering all the top archers players, .....

Sure, raping opponents resources first before their units is always a sure fire way to win. Great job Claw.... [emoji23][emoji107]

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:00:50 PM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:15:55 AM »

Sure, raping opponents resources first before their units is always a sure fire way to win. Great job Claw.... [emoji23][emoji107]

Exactly - play smarter, not harder!
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 10:47:03 AM »

Exactly - play smarter, not harder!

....lol

Like I said Ghost, there is basically no authentic AO community left.

Offline ~Gh()$t~

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed playing last night and realizing how much 15 years of rust will do to a person. Arrow and Joe slaughtered every game.

Poor Weed too.. think he was 0/5 or something ;)

Awesome to "be back" however and hope to see it growing.

I'm reaching out to my group who used to play.. You would remember WD.NiGhtFlyEr the most I believe. He does mission work in Africa but is in town currently. See if I can't get him to pop on.

I'll be on when I can now, so hopefully we can make it a thing again.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed playing last night and realizing how much 15 years of rust will do to a person. Arrow and Joe slaughtered every game.

I'm reaching out to my group who used to play.. You would remember WD.NiGhtFlyEr the most I believe. He does mission work in Africa but is in town currently. See if I can't get him to pop on.

I sort of remember him. Africa? Wow, hard to imagine where many of us ended up from our war2 days [emoji846]. We still need to reconquer SC [emoji14]

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 02:59:12 PM »

Good games last night! I beat you once but I'm not much of an archers player and I'm sure your rusty also.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 04:20:58 PM »
i'll be on tonight. With the current community of ~10ish GOOD/GREAT archer players I'm near the top. I'm competitive versus players like Claw/Joe/Swift but likely lose to them due to their superior Unit Control (though I'd like to argue I'm faster than them and probably the fastest archer player). Regardless, you can do more with 6 controlled archers than 9 archers attacking poorly.

I still have much to learn and can learn more with you. Hope to see you around man.

I'm Masta{hR} btw
I love this game!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
Don't forget to play in the archers tournament this july during the war2 festival.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2204.0.html
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »
I'm competitive versus players like Claw/Joe/Swift but likely lose to them due to their superior Unit Control (though I'd like to argue I'm faster than them and probably the fastest archer player).

Debatable. I wouldnt say you're the fastest, but I have not seen you in action within last 8 months. Perhaps you've improved. However, i find that hard to believe considering you lost in the first round shortly after and I was not able to watch your games...
There is more to "the fastest player" than just having most units and gold, let me explain why:
1. Timing/power spikes - a player may gather large army early on and capitalize on that. Player A attacks Player B, kills his army and attacks his raxes. Player B keeps pumping archers (which die instantly) and has more peons, but eventually he loses the game. It's not a matter of speed, but timing/strategy and end game stats don't really reflect that... the result of the game does
2. Multitasking - the fastest player should mean "the highest APM". Youre trying to make a point that "X is the fastest player, but has shitty UC so X loses". In reality, both players have 100% of their APM to distribute. Lets say I use 70% on macro and 30% on micro, whereas you use 90% on macro and 10% on micro. You end up losing the game, but having better end-game stats. What does it tell us? That 70% of my total APM is LESS than 90% of your total APM.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »
I would say Masta is probably better than u atm Claw. But who knows, how about you guys both play a series this weekend.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 03:10:54 PM »
I would say Masta is probably better than u atm Claw. But who knows, how about you guys both play a series this weekend.
he lost in archers tournament round 1... of course hes not better. Deadly is a very average player, its really worrying that he defeated masta. It would be interesting to have new, competetive enemies... especially since a large part of them retired, are in jail or rusty as fuck (looking right at u, greenplastic).

Anyway Tora, if i recall correctly, you were trying to prove your point by wagering, so lets do just that - my 15$ vs your 15$ that i win vs masta{HR} in a bo5 series

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »
Done, what day and time is good for u?

Ill have to contact masta.
war2 > war3