Author Topic: AI editing??  (Read 16705 times)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: AI editing??
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 10:37:28 PM »
ok i have done this the other day it should work...if it  blacks out after mission briefing the file isnt there or is misnamed and you will be back at the menu.

im making a patch hopefully it will work and you can stay out of the main .mpq
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:39:44 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »
ok the first human mission is gowbne lol sorry about that.... but edit this sucker to your liking....u may want to use beyond the dark portal for your customs as they dont have the noob start like tides.

the bytdp name is
Campaign\XHuman\2XHum01.PUD thru Campaign\XHuman\2XHum12.PUD
Campaign\XOrc\2XOrc01.PUD  thru Campaign\XOrc\2XOrc12.PUD
u can just rename mine better yet just add them in better safe than sorry idk if it would bug if tides is missing.

if u use winmpq be sure to delete the orignal before you put your mission in and it should be named as 2xhum01.pud and saved to Campaign\XHuman\.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:57:27 PM by easycompany »

Offline fascinating111

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 10:56:17 PM »
ok the first human mission is gowbne lol sorry about that.... but edit this sucker to your liking....u may want to use beyond the dark portal for your customs as they dont have the noob start like tides.

the bytdp name is
Campaign\XHuman\2XHum01.PUD thru \2xhum12.pud

u can just rename mine

I'm sorry very much finally I catch up what is going on. I was working with a copy of original war2dat.mpq so once the map was modified I copied into .mpq and then replacing the original one into war2 BNE main folder.

The problem was being made about the restriction "Read-only" from original .mpq . So I removed simply original .mpq and then moving the copy (with human01.pud modified inside). Boom ! it worked perfectly

So I would like to know if you knows how to remove restriction "read-only". I tried in properties with the main folder installation and .mpq original giving permission to modify anything but still doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks for all your help !!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 10:59:59 PM »
mmm mine only "reads restrictions" only when i have war2 running ...no idea man yes copy will get around that.

but after you got your missions complete its best to move them to a war2patch.mpq so other people can play without downloading the big war2dat.mpq.

Offline fascinating111

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:03 PM »
mmm mine only "reads restrictions" only when i have war2 running ...no idea man yes copy will get around that.

but after you got your missions complete its best to move them to a war2patch.mpq so other people can play without downloading the big war2dat.mpq.

I will remember it. thanks anyway my friend. Just tried to use winmpq it's really cool too thanks again :)

If this problem just happens to anybody else. I had to remove war2dat.mpq from installation folder. Then just copy your modified maps for missions into your war2dat.mpq (COPY from the original) and then move it into war2 BNE installation folder. So then it worked for me , it doesn't matter which mpq editor you are using.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
k great ladiks has a better user interface. good luck happy moddin!

Offline fascinating111

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »
I have made more tests and got again the same crushed game. But finally got the final answer.
I used WinMPQ and this time everything worked perfectly. You doesn't need to remove original war2dat.mpq from installation folder.
Just extracted campaign files from original .mpq  so then modified the map and replaced the original one into the .mpq USING WINMPQ.
I don't know why but doing the last process with ladiks mpq editor produces a bug when testing the map on the game.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 03:52:50 PM »
Youre trying to insert new campaign maps using custom aI??