Author Topic: Remove unit limit map editor  (Read 18146 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Remove unit limit map editor
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
I've never looked for it, but in theory the 200 food max per players cap should be pretty easy to lift, of course all players would have to be using the same modded exe version or it would just desync and drop.

The global max unit limit is another matter however - that's the "unable to create unit" or whatever message you get sometimes in huge games. There's physical limit of 1600 (i think, from memory) units in any one game hard coded into the exe. This includes everything, "units", buildings, gold mines, dead bodies etc., and I assume the "unable to create" limit cuts in with a bit of leeway like maybe at 1500 or so...

So for example, a 2v2 player game where everyone has a 300 food cap could be achievable, but it's unlikely to make much difference to big 4v4 games as you will still hit the global cap. Worth looking at tho :)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »
Yes, that would be really cool, to have ultra big armis in multiplayer matches like a GoW dm. Sadly i have tried chance population in savefile, but is not find as exact value, must be calculated from the total farms you have.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:38:02 PM by salvadorc17 »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »
well its maybe possible.....let me check theres 1650 of them :P

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
Yes, that would be really cool, to have ultra big armis in multiplayer matches like a GoW dm. Sadly i have tried chance population in savefile, but is not find as exact value, must be calculated from the total farms you have.

Did you hit the max then save the map, then sav the map with just a few units? Compare the files it will narrow down then value. It might be easier to scan the memory location and remove the 004 and you now have the offset.

Some value is most likely increasing or as decreasing. So I would recommend you scan for changed and not changed in memory since you have no clue what the true value is.

Cheat Engine
1. Make units scan for Unknown Value
2. Kill a unit next scan for changed value.
3. Kill a unit, walk around, build a different unit, scan for unchanged value. (This will filter alot of stuff you don't need.)
4. Repeat the steps over and over. You will most likely find the location.

Edit: the other map editors war2xed for example has no limit on the units you can put down but playing the map then the exe will not display all the units. I only hope the unit cap limit is not hard coded like 64x64 - 128x128 (map size limit).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:27:48 PM by tupac »

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »

Did you hit the max then save the map, then sav the map with just a few units? Compare the files it will narrow down then value. It might be easier to scan the memory location and remove the 004 and you now have the offset.

Dont know what youre talking about, cheat engine does can edit that in ram easy, but in save there is no value for current population, that one is calculated from the units counter..

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
ai bulid

why when computer is allying me he is making farm next to hall, but when it is enemy he will bulid 2 squares away?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:28 AM »

Forgot about this thread....

I only hope the unit cap limit is not hard coded like 64x64 - 128x128 (map size limit).

I'm pretty sure it will be - but that's OK because its likely it will only be one instruction, so if we find that its just 1 change.... For map size there will be a whole pile of checks, calculations and arrays all over the place. Unit cap is just.... Too many units? no training for you then....
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
u may can try to find the value of global is and raise it also.i took a guess at 600? crashed the game :P

Programmer(s)    
Bob Fitch
Jesse McReynolds
Michael Morhaime

just 3 people... grabbing my beer and gone back in...im still looking for popping dif units out and ship object sizes,i have made farms go -1 but yeah the global cap is all that will get ya.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:40:58 AM by easycompany »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »
Someone should try and look for this.... follow the steps I said above that would put you on the right track to finding the memory location...

If I find time I'll try it.. but my motivation for this game is finally dying. I think soon enough I will release a few projects and separate from the community..

Projects I plan to release.

1. A host bot that will trigger cheats codes. (Even a few game modes) This will be only be given to admins.

2. A Warcraft 2 Battle.net EXE editor.

3. A map editor to modify units.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 11:43:16 AM »
yup hate to say it,crossed the finish line.

messing with vb6 though..but idk to expect much,ive been reading c++ books since 2003 and still dont get it :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:49:32 AM by easycompany »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »
Can you upload castles free 214 with no unit cap? I would like to be able to play 3vs3/4vs4 style games