Author Topic: High Quality Music + Warcraft1 Music for Battle.net edition  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Years ago, I found out that the Warcraft2 Battlenet edition has only 22kHz Music files, and that has always bothered me.  Yesterday, I found a way to replace all the game tracks in Install.exe with the high quality 44kHz CD versions.  For fun, I also added the Warcraft1 in-game tracks (Human 1-3, and Orc 1-3).  The War1 tracks have been slightly enhanced (some reverb, chorus, etc.)  I am curious if it would be legal for me to release this, and if so, if anyone is interested.  I'm sure I can find a place to host the 650MB Install.exe file.

The Warcraft1 tracks actually fit really well in the game.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: High Quality Music + Warcraft1 Music for Battle.net edition
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »
Years ago, I found out that the Warcraft2 Battlenet edition has only 22kHz Music files, and that has always bothered me.  Yesterday, I found a way to replace all the game tracks in Install.exe with the high quality 44kHz CD versions.  For fun, I also added the Warcraft1 in-game tracks (Human 1-3, and Orc 1-3).  The War1 tracks have been slightly enhanced (some reverb, chorus, etc.)  I am curious if it would be legal for me to release this, and if so, if anyone is interested.  I'm sure I can find a place to host the 650MB Install.exe file.

Why not just use the original cd if the file is that big.... Plus this is youre first post and you are offering a exe?

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:46:14 PM »
audacity had some setting for .wavs that made them like mp3s...but it had to have the program to open them :/ they was like 200kb in size and dam good quality.

but u got to have it as its specific to it then save as a regular wav then put in install.exe could do the same with mp3..

maybe some automated mp3 to wav to install.exe thing.

make your war1s .mp3 id love to check them out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:49:39 PM by easycompany »

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »

Why not just use the original cd if the file is that big.... Plus this is youre first post and you are offering a exe?

The original CD does not have the enhancements of the BNE.  I wanted to be able to play the BNE with the enhancements, AND have the high quality in-game music (plus the Warcraft1 music).  Also, I am not offering an "exe".  War2 files are stored in install.exe, as if it were an archive.  I could have just uploaded the tracks themselves and gave directions for people to use them.  The quality is very high on both the War2 tracks and War1 tracks.  But anyway, this project is obviously not welcome, and it is clear that I am not welcome either, so I will kindly take my leave.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:18:34 PM by Lightning_Hunter »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

The original CD does not have the enhancements of the BNE.  I wanted the actual in-game music to be high quality.  Also, I am not offering a true "exe".  War2 files are stored in install.exe, as if it were an archive.  I could have just uploaded the tracks themselves and gave directions for people to use them.  But anyway, obviously this project is not welcome, so I guess a mod can just lock this thread.
No I didn't say that just upload a virus scan. We have no clue who you are. Do what you want. But you might not get downloads because low post count.
Edit: I know exactly what the install.exe does.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:20:07 PM by tupac »

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 11:21:19 PM »
If you look up my nickname on google, you will see that I have released high quality soundtracks for C&C95, Red Alert, Heretic, and other old games.  I thought that such a small community would welcome someone new who can modify games, but I guess I made a mistake.  My apologies.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 11:25:31 PM »
If you look up my nickname on google, you will see that I have released high quality soundtracks for C&C95, Red Alert, Heretic, and other old games.  I thought that such a small community would welcome someone new who can modify games, but I guess I made a mistake.  My apologies.
Tell us that instead of being offended if you are honest like you say then it should not bug you. Welcome to war2 forums. You can upload it and share a virus report nothing wrong with that.

If it good maybe I can even sticky your thread. Where are currently looking for a sound guy also.

Make a tutorial and music files. That would be great for people to understand the install exe
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:33:55 PM by tupac »

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
Take it or leave it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zw55opy58vw0py7/HD_War2Music%2BWar1.rar

You need to use MPQ Edit to modify Install.exe, and replace the old music files with the new ones.  The Warcraft1 tracks do not replace any War2 tracks.  I simply appended them to the end of the War2 music tracks.  This is meant to work with the battle.net edition.  No idea if it works with any of these other custom editions.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:55:18 PM by Lightning_Hunter »

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
You should be able to post any links I think?
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »
Nope.  The forum gives me the following error: "Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links here"

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 12:51:33 AM »
His post count is very low. This is a feature to prevent spam.

You can pm me a link and maybe I can edit your thread with it.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 01:48:52 AM »
His post count is very low. This is a feature to prevent spam.

You can pm me a link and maybe I can edit your thread with it.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 01:54:39 PM »
I guess the post limit for links is 5 posts.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zw55opy58vw0py7/HD_War2Music%2BWar1.rar

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 03:32:47 AM »
Great. I'll check it out at home...
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

• Server Admin