Author Topic: Garden of War BNE Full Size Map  (Read 3784 times)

Offline littleleeroy

• Critter
    • View Profile
Garden of War BNE Full Size Map
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:30:40 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this community and have been finding it a little difficult to get my head around the most common map so I opened it in map editor and made this big version with photoshop to learn with.
I also made a version with a grid.

The picture I uploaded is compressed greatly but the png version I have (with and without a grid) are picture(/zoom) perfect.

Let me know if you want them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:33:45 AM by littleleeroy »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of War BNE Full Size Map
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »
I'll start by saying welcome to the community, alot of people on here are not so friendly towards new players and tend to ban them from their games, so it will take alot of getting used to really. try not to give up too quickly. Try asking to watch some games at first, as its a good way to learn your basics. Also If you watch games, do not build anything and hide your peasant in a corner of the map somewhere. Otherwise you're likely to upset the people who are playing.

Offline Ze_sAiNt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this community and have been finding it a little difficult to get my head around the most common map so I opened it in map editor and made this big version with photoshop to learn with.
I also made a version with a grid.

The picture I uploaded is compressed greatly but the png version I have (with and without a grid) are picture(/zoom) perfect.

Let me know if you want them.

Despite the fact that the hall placements are all wrong, I think that being able to see the gow map in a snapshot can help a lot of newbies learn about start positions, wall ins and quick expansions, etc.

Brilliant idea, but old gow (classic, not bne) is the most common map these days... So if you are to compare both maps, you will see that playing old gow is a little more tricky due to some unfavorable spots (slow mining, 'towerable' gold mines, etc), choking vs wall ins, ... things that you will have to manage differently as compared to gow bne.

Nevertheless, this is a good starting point. Good luck and have fun playing the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
  • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »
greetings. if you see me online msg me, ill answer questoins.

gl hf
Quote from: KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
Quote from: Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss.  Hat tip to you
Quote from: Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned