Author Topic: Nerd's Corner  (Read 79028 times)

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Nerd's Corner
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2019, 03:33:22 PM »
The same for War1. This allows to avoid back tiles layer redrawing every time. Also as I remember this feature is used for building frame coloring.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2019, 07:31:08 AM »
The same for War1. This allows to avoid back tiles layer redrawing every time. Also as I remember this feature is used for building frame coloring.

OK. I've never looked at the war1 code. "Smacker" which is the video format used for the into, campaign cutscenes and channel banner ads also uses 8-bit palette animation heavily.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »
i finally got the plugin system installed & it's really nice!! it's working for the non-latest version of war2combat & the latest version of fois's ddraw with the moveable window, but i did notice 2 things:

- the map in game lobby disappears & reappears randomly, sometimes when alt-tabbing
- the new warcraft ii bne.exe kills insight? I get this popup when i click "record"

also jw is the CpuSaveC.w2p the same as the console cpu savior?
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »
Hi @mousEtopher I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it.

i finally got the plugin system installed & it's really nice!! it's working for the non-latest version of war2combat & the latest version of fois's ddraw with the moveable window, but i did notice 2 things:

- the map in game lobby disappears & reappears randomly, sometimes when alt-tabbing

Not sure about movable window stuff but there was a bug that I left as a 'feature' lol. The map disappears when you start typing then comes back when you move the mouse. I thought it was useful to still be able to see the game name/pw if you wanted to so I left it as it was.

Interestingly I have noticed that it no longer does this on my system although I have not tried to correct it at all. I presume something else I have changed when further developing has affected it.

There is also an occasional glitch when you join the map displays too early and is overwritten by the lobby screen so it isn't initially visible. If you just touch the race selector it will display correctly.

Same thing when downloading a new map... just touch the race selector.

The only other issue im aware of is if you are helping someone test a map while they are developing it. If you already have a copy of the map it will display when you enter the lobby, but then when you dl the new updated version you will still see the old one displayed unless you exit the lobby after the dl then rejoin. Filed it under "meh... not worrying about it".

- the new warcraft ii bne.exe kills insight? I get this popup when i click "record"

The plugin framework itself doesn't affect insight at all. The problem is that insight checks the exe and because it has been modded it just refuses to run.

This can be fixed by going back to the standard Warcraft II BNE.exe using the Launcher.exe program ... this just applies the same mods in memory so that when insight checks the exe it doesn't have a problem.

The only problem with this is that if you do it that way then you can't use iL's ploader to load the game so you can't use the AH.

I tested a way to make it all work, by renaming "Warcraft II BNE.exe" to "Warcraft II BNE2.exe" then renaming the Launcher.exe to "Warcraft II BNE.exe" then getting the ploader to run the launcher and that all worked, but of course I had to build a custom Launcher that had the BNE2.exe filename in it.

... blah blah blah - anyway none of this will be a problem if iL puts the launcher code into the ploader then it will all work together harmoniously.

also jw is the CpuSaveC.w2p the same as the console cpu savior?

It's based on the same principle. iL asked me to have a crack at it because he was having issues with his one, so I incorperated it as a plugin.

There are actually 2 cpusaver plugins bacause there are to main execution loops in wc2. One that runs in the game and another that runs when you are in the channel. iL's cpu saviour only worked in game and apparantly there were some latency issues with it idk.

CpuSaveC.w2p is for the channel. It will cut your CPU usage when you are not in games. I have included it as standard in the plugins zip.

CpuSaveG.w2p is for in game. It will cut your CPU usage when you are in game, including the pre-game lobby... this screen is from the pre-BNE era and is internally part of the "game".

I have not included the in-game saver as standard simply because it hasn't been thoroughly tested under all conditions and I didn't want people to think that the plugin framework was causing latency (just in case), although it seems to work fine on my system with no issues.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2019, 12:20:06 AM »
got another user wanting it  :newthumbsup: its the only way to play war2