Author Topic: Noob Recruitment Bulletin Board  (Read 55564 times)

Offline AgentofChaos

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Recruitment Bulletin Board
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Correct.

Offline dwarfighter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2017, 05:30:22 AM »
Just for the record, I'm the filthiest casual you can find. You have my axe.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »
everybody you need to start posting some contact info for this thread to work out better!

Offline dwarfighter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 12:14:52 AM »
Everyone is welcome to our discord channel (https://discordapp.com/channels/184726412438142976^-^
Besides, you can email most forum members using the mail icon under their userpics.

Offline apaulk

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »
I want to put my contact info here, but hate to expose my email address to spam bots and such. I think google hangouts would be a good way to coordinate games.

my gmail address is alan (dot) Paulk (at) gmail (dot) com. Tricky huh?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
There's also the icon to send you an email to the address you registered with, available for all users:

We also have Discord which is like group voice/text chat! similar to google hangouts I guess http://en.war2.ru/discord
squeak!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »
I want to put my contact info here, but hate to expose my email address to spam bots and such. I think google hangouts would be a good way to coordinate games.

What you posted for your email most spam engines can parse eitherway :-P
I suggest you edit the message text and remove it.
A safer way is to leave spaces among each letter of your account name and to imply the provider instead of mentioning it.
For example:
e x a m p l e (d o t) u s e r
Using g o o g l e c o m m e r c i a l.

that while a person can easily figured it out a spam engine usually ignores...

Cheerios

Offline Recee23

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »
Im a noob i want to play <3

Offline ImSofaKingHigh

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »
I've been around for quite some time but life got busy and I was never a great player.  I can't even win a lower tier tourny...  I wouldn't consider myself a newb (my account is something like 1500-1000) but I do want to get back to playing (I always watch XuRnT's youtubes.   I have tried fixing my hosting issues for a LONG time now but it just isn't working... so if newer/middle range players want to GoW, I would love to play.  Or if at sometime someone can walk me through how to fix my dang ISP settings so I can host, that would be awesome.

Much love for War2.
Edit:  email: L O R D O F G A B R I E L @ G M A I L .com

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:40 AM »
let me find out you are that guy that wanted me to call you for tech help and you said you "used" to be a tech support... lol.. its so easy even a woot. can do it.. and i feel like im the dumbest guy here now that i realized how freaking educated these people here really are.. time for them to roast me alive.. "i feel it in the air tonight...." anyways yeah you see me on war2.ru ask me again i'll try to help you.
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2017, 02:28:02 AM »
I'm up for some games. I can go for GoW, or any map really. I've also map my own MP maps and posted on this forum.

Can PM me from here, or through steam with the same username.

Offline Thomas29

• Grunt
  • Hey hey hey, That's what I'll Say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2019, 07:55:56 PM »
I stopped playing due to dumb toxic players and I am really skeptical that I can possibly even play against a player at my own skill level I have kind of given up on playing WC2 these days but  I guess this sparks some artificial hope in my brain that this is somehow possible.
Eat Healthy, Stay Fit And Die Anyways.... Just Smoke Some Bud!

If I Don't Smoke Some Bud I Will Shrivel Up And Die Like A Beautiful Flower Without Water!

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »
Been posting a bunch of items in reddit- if you want to market wc2, pick an avenue and post some twitch/vids of current game play etc.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »
i never even noticed this thread existed. why is nobody telling me about these people wanting to learn :(

Offline Thomas29

• Grunt
  • Hey hey hey, That's what I'll Say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
most newbs probably dont use/know about these forums

just log on server and say "1v1 noob anyone" 

ive seen some newbs logging on lately.

also, if you want to watch some videos, i've posted some (they're kinda fast paced) to learn gow/ef

http://www.youtube.com/user/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

LOL! I tried asking for a 1vs1 match with a player that like myself I been playing since I was 7 and I'm 26 and like 7 Months so I'm like nearly 20 Years of playing the Game on and off. I used to play on the ORIGINAL Battle.net Servers and then I Joined War2 Combat-Edition because I loved this Game until some psychopathic nut job literally pretended to be a player on my skill level and then I was swarmed by dragons and he revealed his location on the Map.

Then for some weird twisted reason he kept saying and repeatedly spamming the word "Cry" I said "Why would you pretend to be a crappy player?" his response "cry some more noob cry" I said "Do you truly and honestly find this fun to do?" only response was "cry noob keep crying" which I was not the slightest bit upset about it.

I was extremely disappointed in the Community here though and I have now never ever played on the Server for at least 5 Years or longer since that Day. There is no way anyone except Veteran Players can play this game.

Due to this Fact and many other factors EVERY New Players I try to direct toward the Warcraft II Combat Edition Community left it despite wanting to "relive" the golden Days of when everyone was playing Warcraft II BNE Eddition.

I don't know how this Community is supposed to grow especially when people like myself are kicked from games cause I forget what s8 or s9 equals 65K or whatever xxk being the answer for the Sx which is just a stupid method of determining who is a New Player... since those Codes are very hard for ME TO REMEMBER!
Eat Healthy, Stay Fit And Die Anyways.... Just Smoke Some Bud!

If I Don't Smoke Some Bud I Will Shrivel Up And Die Like A Beautiful Flower Without Water!