Author Topic: A question regarding posts  (Read 9575 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
A question regarding posts
« on: January 04, 2015, 06:27:10 PM »
Is anyone else not liking the "quoting somebodys post without adding anything of his/her own" thing?

evil~ryu does that probably in 50% of his posts but lots of other people are guilty of that too. Could that be considered spam? Idk, its pretty excessive lately.

also: what about stupid picture (random internet memes) replies?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: A question regarding posts
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
If you took away those 2 things, what would ryu post?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »

idk, whatevs, its up to people/mods/admins, i know its getting annoying and spammy to me personally

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
Oh dont be such a nerd. You and ganz need to pull your heads out of each others asses.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

idk, whatevs, its up to people/mods/admins, i know its getting annoying and spammy to me personally

i was joking but yea, its annoying seeing these big oxnoxious pictures that derail posts and serve no real purpose.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:02:00 AM »
Ganz quotes himself and requotes quotes that evil ryu has quoted which he quoted off ganz fairly often from what i've seen.

I always found the empty quote as one of three things: 1 would be Liking/Agreeing with said post, and 2 would be a "Quoted for Truth (QFT)" which kind of relates to 1. and 3 would be finding amusement in something like a "self-own" post, which Hassan-i-sabbah would always use this kind of quote often on people like tk or smurf king.

Pictures are fine to me as long as its related to the argument or topic taking place, or says something on it, which me and ryu tend to write on our pictures posted (Notably Scumbag Steve as Equinox).  Smurf King on occult would tend to post random things like a child strapped on a crucifix on a random topic at any given time. Which people complained about alot, and suggested his own "9gag" subforum, though I don't really recall people  complaining much about other peoples 'obnoxious picture posts' as it generally related to the point the person was trying to make about the said person in an argument. (Which these forums are bound to always have, you can't really stop that).

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 06:53:57 AM »
Ganz quotes himself and requotes quotes that evil ryu has quoted which he quoted off ganz fairly often from what i've seen.
which is pretty much the definition of spam, im not the only one noticing that then!

I always found the empty quote as one of three things: 1 would be Liking/Agreeing with said post, and 2 would be a "Quoted for Truth (QFT)" which kind of relates to 1. and 3 would be finding amusement in something like a "self-own" post, which Hassan-i-sabbah would always use this kind of quote often on people like tk or smurf king.
yeah it got old in here pretty fast (after 10000000000 times), its okay here and there, but a huge streak of quoting a quoted quote of a quote of a post aint no funny no moar

Pictures are fine to me as long as its related to the argument or topic taking place, or says something on it, which me and ryu tend to write on our pictures posted (Notably Scumbag Steve as Equinox).  Smurf King on occult would tend to post random things like a child strapped on a crucifix on a random topic at any given time. Which people complained about alot, and suggested his own "9gag" subforum, though I don't really recall people  complaining much about other peoples 'obnoxious picture posts' as it generally related to the point the person was trying to make about the said person in an argument. (Which these forums are bound to always have, you can't really stop that).
yop, smurfking's pictures were pure spam, the more or less accurate memes are a different thing hence this thread instead of deletion request. I admit im not a big fan of those retarded memes, im sick of all those pathetic ones from advice animals subreddit on reddit.com and now this is becoming the same thing, the difference being i cannot unsubscribe from these ones lol

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »
I only quoted myself in one thread that I can remember and that was the one about deleting the moderated section and that was to bump the post because none of the mods were responding to  it.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
I agree, quote posts, one word posts, and Smurf King-esque image/meme posts get annoying and contribute little. However, according to Hammurabi's Poll they're all fair play right now.
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »
Ahh, didnt think it would affect people that much...thought u guys enjoyed them. If everyone opposes it this much ill cut back/ stop all together. Sorry mousey [emoji28]. Claw ur still a nerd along with your handpuppet ganz [emoji57].

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:38:35 AM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 10:43:21 AM »
I agree, quote posts, one word posts, and Smurf King-esque image/meme posts get annoying and contribute little. However, according to Hammurabi's Poll they're all fair play right now.

Actually the large picture thing is a 3-4 vote, so its pretty close.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 12:22:46 PM »
Ahh, didnt think it would affect people that much...thought u guys enjoyed them. If everyone opposes it this much ill cut back/ stop all together. Sorry mousey [emoji28]. Claw ur still a nerd along with your handpuppet ganz [emoji57].

I enjoy most of them. But I guess I can see the point that making every post a picture or empty quote/1 word post can be seen as annoying, maybe find a balance between it all :P my balance on pictures at the moment is pretty much whenever Equinox is around haha.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »

Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman