Author Topic: ICCUP Style Ladder  (Read 18831 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: ICCUP Style Ladder
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »
Good luck with your 20 members.

Good luck with your appeal in court for trying to hack an online gambling site for money because you're too retarded to play poker smart.

And good luck with your appeal when Blizzard bans you on WoW for hacking too.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO all ppl wont play it, and anyway serious u need be #1 ladder?...
We are playing FOR FUN, NOT FOR STATS or BE BEST its to late if u "want be THE BEST "u should play in 2000 not now.........
in iccup there are MANY ppl not like in w2 online 20-30 members..
ofc this system is garbage, it should be closed forever
who care me>you you>me he>he .......................................

and if u remember w3 ladder style when u had lvl +30 u need play 15? games in week if u didnt .. u lost lot of points..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:32:05 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 12:15:07 AM »
Uhm.  The built in ladder IS an Elo system.  It's only slightly modified to reward playing 1000's of games rather than actual skill, but thats how elo works and thats why so many people like it,  it's easier to rank up by playing terrible 20W-250L noobs in an ELO system and inch your way up 1-10 points at a time.  And it sux.  Cases style ladders are the best method for competitive play.  Think of this,  how would the NFL playoffs go if they used an "ELO" system.  It would suck.  But they dont,  they use a similar ladder style to that of cases in that you have to beat everyone ABOVE you to move up.  Example,  the pats play the SIXTH seed this coming week,  not the 3rd seed.  Why?  Because it would make no sense for the lower seed, it would prove nothing.  If you want to move up, play someone better than your own skill level.  Thats how Cases style ladders work as well as most tournaments (such as the NFL),  they've been proven to work for war2 for years, and changing it would be utter non-sense.  Just because the population is low doesnt mean you should mess with a perfect ladder methodology.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 01:15:06 PM »
pretty much all the statements here r correct.

yes, our ladder iz very fucking crap. but however, i dont c how more accurant ladder would matter cause we have so small player base. now newbiez can actually compete and get something.

but finally. i dont care what ladder we have, all i care it is automated.

reporting gamez like in igl is too old fashinoed , slow , boring, too easy to cheat ( just not reporting)
wud b annoyin to find game reports 247 to show wins to admins.

whatever, new or old ladder,  just keep it automated plz.

ps. what i liked in old ladder (i guess it was lances) u could see games of ppl played in different maps, like jesk vs ripe b2b total: 5-3 , alltho that doesnt matter either. 90% of time iz played olfgow, 9 % nwtr, and 1% other mapz.

ps2. im drunk

:]]]

my pointz r valid still :DDD

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 01:43:46 PM »
There should be some kind of a penalty for losing. Maybe demote a rank or something?  That would stop these 300-1000 guys from getting high by massing games vs high ranks and fluking wins every now and then. This would make it based somewhat off skill instead of just massing games vs high ranks.

Anyone could just play all their games against top 10 guys and go 50-500 and be on top. Makes no sense.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
There should be some kind of a penalty for losing
no dummy, that would nullify the ENTIRE point of cases ladder lol. They like it this way ;p

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
That is the point.  It should be harder to KEEP a rank.  Not attain it.  You should be able to quickly attain AND hold a rank.  Thats how proper ranking works.  If it takes you 500 years to grind to the rank you "should" be at, then the ranking system is flawed.  If it takes you 500 years to get to a rank you arent suppose to be at, then you shouldnt be there for very long as other better players will come along and push you out of the rank by beating you over and over and over.  Thats a proper ladder system.  The only downfall to such a system is that a low population will result in the bottom tier being closer to the top (which is actually SUPPOSE to happen since the skill level is dwindling, so should the power rankings).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:11:55 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
BTW,  Hearthstone uses cases ladder style ranking for pre-legendary ranks and it's been said that HS's ranking system outclasses all others it has created in the past.  It isnt until you hit legendary that you see elo style rankings and it's not until legendary that you get complaints about it's ranking and the "Legendary grind".  Its no coincidence that complaints start at the ELO point.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 02:09:08 PM »
anyhoo, what about automated ladder iconz for top50? synchonized every day at midnight for example

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 02:19:57 PM »
I don't see the problem with losing 1 ranking everytime you lose. This WOULD make it harder to keep your rank. By beating 1 high ranked person, you move up a million ranks so losing 1 rank for losing isn't a big deal (unless you have a 30% winrate). People with 30-40% winrates shouldn't be near the top of the ladder in any circumstances, name 1 other game where this is the case. This means there is a problem.

Any average player can beat a pro probably like 20% of the time just by pure luck, and by playing high people regularily, you will end up in the top regardless of your skill. A ladder is supposed to be based on SKILL not on who plays the most.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:34:31 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 02:24:10 PM »
 :-*

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »
There should be some kind of a penalty for losing
no dummy, that would nullify the ENTIRE point of cases ladder lol. They like it this way ;p

Losing 1 rank is hardly significant unless you have a bad winrate.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »
That is the point.  It should be harder to KEEP a rank.  Not attain it.  You should be able to quickly attain AND hold a rank.  Thats how proper ranking works.  If it takes you 500 years to grind to the rank you "should" be at, then the ranking system is flawed.  If it takes you 500 years to get to a rank you arent suppose to be at, then you shouldnt be there for very long as other better players will come along and push you out of the rank by beating you over and over and over.  Thats a proper ladder system.  The only downfall to such a system is that a low population will result in the bottom tier being closer to the top (which is actually SUPPOSE to happen since the skill level is dwindling, so should the power rankings).

if you take a look at the iccup ladder top50, you will see most players have 30-100 games in the top 100 (with a few K ppl in the ladder) and ppl with a skill lvl of rank #200 are probably ranked somewhere there
on top of that there could be a ladder reset once in a while to prevent players with alot of games sitting on top
iccup has some good rules to prevent abusing too (which sucked in the bnet ladder)

anyhow, we should either improve the current ladder or create a new one, anything will be better and maybe help to keep some newbs/people

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:16:04 PM by BHC-JesK »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »
Nice looking ladder, also all the players at the top have good winrates like it should be.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
I work like a fucking dog to make the best ladder league ever and you all spit on it.

Your all fucking lazy, get a new ladder from il gonna take 8 month, it already take him 2 week to put a new banner on lobby Lol.

Good luck bunch of delusional.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:47:15 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.