Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: August 31, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
I've been a forum lurker for awhile and once in a blue moon I'll pop onto War2Combat server, but generally it was quite quiet.
I just wanted to make a formal hello.
I really do pray that this community grows and more people contribute to it.

Glad to be here. Cheers!
"You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of one another. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of one who gives and kindles joy in the heart of one who receives." -St. Seraphim of Sarov

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »
Hello Alexander.

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 12:55:54 PM »
I see your avatar is Our Lady of the Rosary. :)
"You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of one another. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of one who gives and kindles joy in the heart of one who receives." -St. Seraphim of Sarov

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. :)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 07:52:45 PM »
Hello, welcome to War2 :) Glad to have you here, hope to see you on the server sometime! You can also join us at Discord for casual chat (http://en.war2.ru/discord)

Have you played war2 in the past, e.g. on bnet?
squeak!

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
Bless you for your warm welcome!

I haven't played WarCraft 2 on Bnet since I was 15 or 16, and it was only in short bursts. My competitive games were Unreal Tournament, Command and Conquer (all of them except 4), StarCraft: Brood War and Age of Empires II. What kept me from playing Wc2 competitively was the fact everyone played Orc, for obvious reasons. I'm a contrarian, and I enjoy playing the more difficult to play or the more peculiar factions, like Yuri in Red Alert 2.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
well u sound like your a human player!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 10:05:17 AM »
Humans are fun to use, I always play Random. Im fairly certain i have a better 1v1 win ratio as humans compared to orcs too, if not it's very close.

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
A Human player I am, almost exclusively, so that I might train in how to fight Orc. Microing mages & knights is going to be crucial, and so is my macro. :)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
A Human player I am, almost exclusively, so that I might train in how to fight Orc. Microing mages & knights is going to be crucial, and so is my macro. :)

Do you upgrade to paladins? Most people I see that play humans never do this.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
i need to practice up, also been thinking of some strats.i'd def upgrade to paladins to stop the dk's

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »
i need to practice up, also been thinking of some strats.i'd def upgrade to paladins to stop the dk's
I've always been somewhat back and forth on this. If my enemy is making use of a lot of deathknights, I might get exorcism, but it's time consuming and costly. Healing I do use in HvH matchups, but most of the time I never do get paladins, which is a real shame. Someone should update the game and put forth a balance fix, though I am unsure if this is possible. I assume not, since it's been so many years and no one has yet to do it.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
I think holy vision in itself is worth the upgrade. And Exorcism more handy in customs like chop then a gow game, I'll occasionally get it on gow if I have plenty of gold and if they're doing things like hasted death knights, it might be worth having it just so a patroling paladin with the 240 mana can 1 shot it before it does D&D. Which works out later on if you're attacking a walled-in expo that has death knights inside you can just exorcism them and they won't be able to defend there expo suddenly :P

I don't always get exorcism though but when i do research it generally pays off and saves me at least once from a hasted death knight getting to my mine :P

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
These are really good points, though holy vision I don't generally use too often because you should always be scouting. Not to say I do this (I often do not) but if you are always scouting properly, holy vision shouldn't be used. But of course it can be helpful regardless of whether or not you are always scouting or not.