Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 01:17:13 PM »
These are really good points, though holy vision I don't generally use too often because you should always be scouting. Not to say I do this (I often do not) but if you are always scouting properly, holy vision shouldn't be used. But of course it can be helpful regardless of whether or not you are always scouting or not.

There are times where you will simply run into a group of ogres when you try to scout which can get a bit annoying where as holy vision allows you to act more swiftly I find when it comes to expos.

also each paladin that comes out of a rax can automaticly cast one holy vision, so you can check several expos or common temple spots instantly at once everytime you make some paladins, or if you're attacking someones expo and they're sending a group of lusted ogres to deal with you, and you holy vis around the possible entry ways and see them coming , you'll know when to back off and take little to no damage, which is good for annoying them.

It's also great at finding hidden temples and incoming death knights toward your mine, allowing you to either catch it in transit alot easier, or pull your peasants off gold before it hits death and decay.

Heal can also be nice if you're up against alot of guard towers at expansions like 12/2, but it sucks in the middle of a fight against bloodlust

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »
All superb uses of holy vision. Hm.
Maybe I do need to upgrade to paladins more often then!
"You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of one another. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of one who gives and kindles joy in the heart of one who receives." -St. Seraphim of Sarov

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 11:02:22 PM »
Yeah, while paladins aren't as great as ogre mages, just holy vision in itself lets you be alot more controllng. Got a group of pallys you want to run from 6 to 12 to hit an expo and are worried about hitting a bunch of bloodlusted ogres on the way? Check with holy vision and if they are there, wait till they go, or if they're coming in your direction, you can hide them.

You don't need to be in a rush to build a church like you do an Altar of storms and you don't need to rep it with peasants either.

With Humans you gotta make the best with what you have. And Holy Vision can be pretty broken if you know how to use it.

What spells do you usually research on your Mages?

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:48 PM »
Blizzard, Invisibility, & Slow.
"You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of one another. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of one who gives and kindles joy in the heart of one who receives." -St. Seraphim of Sarov

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 01:45:46 AM »
Good to hear you get Slow, most people I see never research it. When do you usually use it? I use it alot in each game generally

Polymorph can be used pretty good defensively if you have mages protecting your expos, if you spot a death knight you can polymorph it before it deals its damage. And if you happen to run into an ogre when not invis'd it's sometimes better to polymorph it then to Slow&Run away depending on how much health your mage has left.

I personally like that it doesn't give the "we're under attack" message to your opponent also when cast :P

Offline Clownboss

• Peon
  • altered beast is the citizen kane of gaming
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 07:23:03 AM »
Hey there, bro, I immediately like you. Welcome to the forum, though I don't post here much anyway other than host that noob bulletin board I have.

I'll add you up on Steam(with my name Clownboss as always), and we'll see if we can do some fun matches.

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 11:38:51 AM »
Good to hear you get Slow, most people I see never research it. When do you usually use it? I use it alot in each game generally

Polymorph can be used pretty good defensively if you have mages protecting your expos, if you spot a death knight you can polymorph it before it deals its damage. And if you happen to run into an ogre when not invis'd it's sometimes better to polymorph it then to Slow&Run away depending on how much health your mage has left.

I personally like that it doesn't give the "we're under attack" message to your opponent also when cast :P

I use slow very often. It's an extremely effective spell with low mana cost. Great way to get rid of pesky blood lusted ogres that are chasing your peasants or mages and support in combat with your knights.

Hey there, bro, I immediately like you. Welcome to the forum, though I don't post here much anyway other than host that noob bulletin board I have.

I'll add you up on Steam(with my name Clownboss as always), and we'll see if we can do some fun matches.

I'm very happy to hear that you immediately like me! Hah! :)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 11:01:28 AM »
flame shield is good also :P when they pile up, flame the middle it not bad at all:)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:05:23 AM by easycompany »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »
flame shield is good also :P when they pile up, flame the middle it not bad at all:)

I've only won one game beacuse of flame shield, and that was against USA~Feature ;p we were both on teamspeak at the time, that game was hilarious as we had just destroyed each others bases, and only gold i had left could only be used to research flame shield, couldnt train another mage, so i got it, and it helped win haha.

I've thought about the flame shield middle if a group piles up, do they retaliate and move toward you when you cast it? cause if not, that could wipe out a group of ogres very easy, ill test it out a bit more next time im on

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »
it still so hard cause your maging ..its as powerful as lust but in like 3 so its still less mana, even your units as they are spread out wel ohhh god damit canon towers and flame shield to kill the orcs its actaully pretty goddamn possible "bship = orge worst nightmare no praying jesuu!! ....canon = the same force them to dk excorcism gg no re
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:32:59 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:14 AM »
opps sorry jessu :P but dudes there is another strat...i think it was virus that said you just take them out before they get lust...ever seen this dudes replays holy shit

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »
I'd be using holy vision all the time if I were human.. Ito a great scouting tool. See what u want to see instantly without putting a unit in harms way

Offline Alexhandr

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 09:08:39 PM »
I'd be using holy vision all the time if I were human.. Ito a great scouting tool. See what u want to see instantly without putting a unit in harms way
I'll definitely keep this in mind, thank you. I'll be sure to use it far more often.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
spikemaverick dude that used to play anyone got any replays of him.he was all human ,just wonder what he did.

well just tried against a new dude...im way to slow,canoned up 6 of them for orges,mine colapse 22 peons and 3 knights 6 foots and 2 mages.

if it was against a dude that was more of a opponent hed tooken the map lol...maybe just speed to that first mage is the way to go.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:22:51 PM by easycompany »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »

It really is a great spell. Underutilised by alot of human players on the server.