Author Topic: [unsolved]GOT SERVER TO HOST  (Read 9985 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: [unsolved]GOT SERVER TO HOST
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
Yes, my idea was correct for tupac: VPN+NAT, connected to all servers except server.war2.ru.
The problem is:
server blocks all the ICMP packets except request and reply. Maybe your routing scheme uses icmp redirect some way? That will be blocked by the server.
That means your nat is not properly configured, so server has to send icmp redirect packets, that helps to fix your routing.
Server.war2.ru doesn't send icmp redirect, i don't plan to allow that packets, so make sure your routes on NAT are proper.
If problem happened after entering login/pass, it could be related with UDP traffic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:05:48 PM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline RH~InO

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 09:42:53 AM »
That means your nat is not properly configured, so server has to send icmp redirect packets, that helps to fix your routing.
Server.war2.ru doesn't send icmp redirect, i don't plan to allow that packets, so make sure your routes on NAT are proper.
If problem happened after entering login/pass, it could be related with UDP traffic.
FIXED THE PROBLEM. NEED TO SET MCU OF VPN CONNECTION TO 1500!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:46:23 AM »
Nice now I can spawn free vpns with open ports that will work on ru. I will test this later!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »
Nice now I can spawn free vpns with open ports that will work on ru. I will test this later!

I expect MCUs to be set to 1500 by default on any connection, but I don't use a vpn, so ok.

-- EDIT

Just out of interest, what was it set to before you changed it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:36:47 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 03:00:25 AM »
Wow! I ddn't think about that!
Looks like my firewall drops fragmented packets, good solution!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.