Author Topic: Improving the Forum Brainstorming Thread  (Read 19761 times)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Improving the Forum Brainstorming Thread
« on: January 08, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »
Well as we all know, this is a nice forum but it doesn't quite live up to the high standards set by Axolotl's Warcraft II Occult (RIP). The .Ru server is one thing, but the forum itself has the potential to be a great destination for laughs, camaraderie, and thoughtful discussion while we're taking a break from gaming. We have some stiff competition from the Warcraft Occult subreddit started by Jon, but that should only motivate us to do better. And, hell, if people like the forum, they just might stick around to try out this "Warcraft II" game, and find out just how much fun it can be!  ::)

So, that being said, lets try to think of ways to make this forum more epic. I have a few of my own:

(1) Social media - All the most creative minds and hottest content on the web is on social media these days. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness might be an old game, but that doesn't mean we can't get with the times! I think advertising the forum on social media, for example by tweeting links to my epic posts, or reblogging my epic posts in their entirety on Tumblr, could bring a lot of fresh new faces and exciting content to the forum. To this end I've registered an @War2Forum Twitter account, I do not have time to run it  by myself but if anyone would like to, I will sell you the account details for $200 (it will be worth WAY more than this when this forum takes off). PM me for details.

(2) Memes - Memes are huge on the internet and social media these days, and for good reason, they're hilarious. There's lots of funny Warcraft II stuff you can do with the existing meme catalog, such as:

But I think we can do better than this even, with Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness memes. Just think of the possibilities, here's one to get you started: Le Confused Ogre meme. It's a picture of the Ogre portrait, and the text could be any sort of contradictory or conflicting thoughts that occur to you in your daily life. For example, "I want Chipotle!" "I want Qdoba!" And you can align one line in the top left and one in the bottom right, so it looks like a different head is saying each line of text lol. Anyway that's just one idea, I'm sure you guys can think of some more.

(3) Feminism and LGBT Outreach - The recent furor and hubbub over gaming and gamers and gamergate has shown that we are not always the most tolerant or welcoming lot, so let's show the world that the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness community can do better! Given that we are an older, more mature group of gamers, I think it should be no problem for us to rise above the atmosphere of toxic and aggressive masculinity that alienates so many women and LGBT people from gaming. Making TK a mod was a good start, and I am pleased to see we have a same sex romance emoji ( :-*) but I am not content to stop there. I propose that we aggressively advertise and market the forum to (feminist) women and the LGBT community, and make an LGBT subforum with me as the mod and administrator (this position is very important). I am already working to get the #GayWarcraft hashtag trending on social media (see (1)) with a link back to this forum. Some of my IRL LGBT friends will soon start posting as well, to jumpstart a welcoming and tolerant atmosphere. Also any misogynist, homophobic, racist, or transphobic language should result in a swift, permanent banning.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas. What say you, gamers?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:26:24 PM by fuckboi1488 »
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Improving the Forum Brainstorming Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
Lmfao @ the memes. Those are brilliant and should be done.

Overall pretty well thought out. ;)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:53 PM »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

VowetSn

Improving the Forum Brainstorming Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
Когда я нажимаю на название сервера он не полон, просто ничего не происходит Что делать?
When i click on the name of server he is dont full just do not happen What should i do?

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 03:53:31 AM »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 03:57:32 AM »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
I forgot to mention all unrepentant pedophiles like the poster above me must be banned immediately.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »
I forgot to mention all unrepentant pedophiles like the poster above me must be banned immediately.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »
dont forget asexuals

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:15 AM »
dont forget asexuals

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I sincerely apologize if any asexual or grey-A people were offended by not being included in the OP.

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
um that subreddit was only for the nba fantasy league, a better option over the crappy forum yahoo has. it didn't work out because there are 4 active players in our league.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »
um that subreddit was only for the nba fantasy league, a better option over the crappy forum yahoo has. it didn't work out because there are 4 active players in our league.

Sorry about your failed subreddit Jon.