Author Topic: War2PLoader released - UPNP and more  (Read 22128 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2PLoader released - UPNP and more
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:34 AM »
Here's a result of my last 1,5 weeks job:

Warcraft 2 Process Loader.
Will be alternative for War2 Process Patcher.

1. The main feature in this version is UPNP.
Checks the Game Data Port on the computer and forwards it through the router, allowing to host games.
Should be used instead of manual router configuration.
Also works for computers from the same newtork (you should manually add different game data ports into the registry. Will be an option in next combat version.)

2. Another feature: it's a loader, not a patcher.
Just copy it into the combat OR ANY OTHER war2 version and start.
War2PLoader will be 100% compatible with all the war2 versions, same as War2Ppatcher.
It will try to find WPpatch.exe and then (if not found) Warcraft II BNE.exe. Then it will start the found version.
Also includes NoCD. In future versions all the features from WPpatch will be moved to War2PLoader.

3. Auto report logs.
Each time you start it, it will send it's result to the server if it works fine or any errors occured. This should help me to check it's work and support the clients.
Also will help to collect statistics, how many users does actually have UPNP routers.

4. Auto update from server.war2.ru.
Each time you start it, it checks the new version and asks you to update it. All you need it just to click "yes".
I plan to make several updates, adding more functionality to this project.

5. Should be fully compatible with new windows.
I tested it on win vista x86, win 7 x86 and win 7 x64. Should have appropriate reaction for all new windows security updates, with working UAC, DEP, virtual store, etc. Should reqest admin privileges just for autoupdate, also should work correctly in "Program Files" directory or w/e.
Combat will also have some new improvements for UAC/DEP/etc compatibility in next versions.

Plans for future:
Several updates for this project:
- to add the same functionality as War2Ppatcher+NoCD and WPpatch.
- to add some hardware binding, to make effective cheater detection.
- to add some kind of antihack checks to block all the existing cheating software and possibly some more general protections.
- possibly some more features, like new games notifier, streaming software, etc.
- this project should be the core of future combat versions, but also 100% compatible with any other war2 version.

Here's the archive: ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/utils/War2PLoader.rar
Copy these 2 files into your war2 directory and start exe. Just updated the archive and removed 2 dlls, now useless from there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:27:59 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: War2PLoader released - UPNP and more
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
right on :D

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
so you think this will fix many hosting issues?

if it does, can it be added to server.war2.ru so anyone who downloads war2 gets these updates?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »
It takes like 30 seconds to open war2, then it launches with the screen blacked out with green border.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »
It takes like 30 seconds to open war2, then it launches with the screen blacked out with green border.

I am pretty sure he fucked something up...i mean we all know the person we're dealing with here. The guy got a F in reading comprehension just in another thread...[emoji45]!

Edit: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,217.30.html

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:46:33 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:17:03 PM »
so you think this will fix many hosting issues?

if it does, can it be added to server.war2.ru so anyone who downloads war2 gets these updates?
Yes, i hope so,
And sure, it will be added to the next combat version after this test period. That's why i need help with testing it on several different configurations before the final release.

Checked it, your router wrote it supports UPNP but caused an unknown error while port mapping...
I'll move UPNP section after war2 starting in next version, to save your 30 sec.
What green border do you mean?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:23 PM »
The whole screen is like in negative and everything is black except the writing is white and the border of the program turns green.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »
Updated to 1.0.0.2. Now it starts war2 firstly, then tries to forward ports, while you already playing.

Just start it, it will ask about autoupdate, click yes and try.

You can use it to start war2 every time. It will be autoupdated when i resolve your router forwarding problem and release the new version.

Also let me know about green border or w/e. It uses the same logic as existing NoCD loader, so that should not be any bugs with it, maybe just a glitch?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 10:33:22 PM »
Its quite bad, the whole screen is blacked (like a worse color bug) and makes client unusable. When I tried it on my Windows XP virtual machine, there is no color problem, maybe windows 7 64 bit has problems.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:35:28 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
See this is what happens, it still takes 30 seconds to load with the new version.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 11:20:15 PM »

I am pretty sure he fucked something up...i mean we all know the person we're dealing with here. The guy got a F in reading comprehension just in another thread...[emoji45]!

Edit: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,217.30.html

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

I extracted 2 files from an archive. Pretty hard to mess that up.  Also, just for the record, I comprehended that other post perfectly.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »
I can report success with this app.  I did not get any color problems and I did confirm that it used UPnP to open the correct port.  I then closed my manual port opening and ran with just UPnP.  I have about 6 hours of twitch video with me hosting using this app from last night ;)  I've changed my desktop shortcut to point to this and will run it for a while to see if any oddball issues come up.  None so far.

Oh, there was 1 issue.  The icon that it uses was all broken up, so I removed it and used the war2 exe icon.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:20:56 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 02:01:18 PM »
Its quite bad, the whole screen is blacked (like a worse color bug) and makes client unusable. When I tried it on my Windows XP virtual machine, there is no color problem, maybe windows 7 64 bit has problems.
Did you ever get such black screen with WPpatch or activated war2.bat? I have no idea what's wrong with loader: it uses the same war2 call logic...
Does it work fine now via WPpatch or War2NoCDLoader now? Can you try? Maybe you just copied some broken ddraw.dll to combat dir or w/e?
Maybe to try to start the program as administrator?..

See this is what happens, it still takes 30 seconds to load with the new version.
That's strange, i just checked logs, it looks like updated version on your side, but works like not updated.
How do you run it? It that the file W2PLupdater.exe in you combat directory you start? Is it version 1.0.0.2?
I'll add some additional checks tomorrow to be sure how it works...

I also got your problem with UPNP not working:
Your router doesn't support UPNP. That UPNP device been detected by Loader, was another UPNP device. That's why you have 30 sec timeout with UPNP failed.

I can report success with this app.
That's great! I hope it will also work for less experienced people too.
Oh, there was 1 issue.  The icon that it uses was all broken up, so I removed it and used the war2 exe icon.
That's not quite broken, that was just my try to redesign it, lol... The only broken is the biggest icon (48x48x32 or w/e, it's just a white square with blue border).
I'm not a good designer, need to ask somebody to draw some beautiful icon...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:03:49 PM by iL »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
I was using War2PLoader. I tried with the NoCDLoader and WPPatch and there are no color problems. I even uninstalled combat and reinstalled it and its the same issue. When I right click on W2PLupdater it says version 1.0.0.1
Kali IGL Stats

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »
I wonder how it works for you...
I see it's starting as the lastest version, but working as 1.0.0.1...

Version update don't depend on UPNP. My thoughts: maybe it's a result of some UAC feature? Do you have UAC enabed? I have no idea what it can be else...