Author Topic: Tier 1-2-3 lists  (Read 37817 times)

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 1-2-3 lists
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:14 PM »
00logan better than foonat and alf imo

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Jordan is easily Tier 3 in the way i set tiers up. The only person in Tier 4 i really have no clue about is XBremer.

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 06:21:25 PM »
I' am 00Logan and for the poor performances ive shown the past few weeks Tier 2 should be a privalege lolol

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
yeah your list is pretty solid. i approve of being tier 2 and not put in tier 4 by someone like yamon..

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:05 PM »
I' am 00Logan and for the poor performances ive shown the past few weeks Tier 2 should be a privalege lolol

Well if you spent half as much time on war2 as you do your personal life and career you would've been closer to your peak when you were on par with swift. Or even a little while before when you were playing under truthxrl. When you played under that name it seemed like you had close to godlike skills crushing player/dugs easy in teams.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:33:35 PM by BenJamin »

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »
9/10 times im on war2 going to bed would of been the wise decision. This game is just my relaxation for how ridiculous that sounds.

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 06:46:01 PM »
9/10 times im on war2 going to bed would of been the wise decision. This game is just my relaxation for how ridiculous that sounds.

The problem with you now is your lack of war2 ambition and not your talent/ability. It's like you rather be a great family man than a great warcraft player. Most of us would understand and respect that but there are others that think you are wasting your talent on real life.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 06:54:04 PM »
You might as well be combining Tier 1, 2 and tier 3 heavy hitters together if you want it to even have enough players to ever have a competition, including inactive players who could come back at anytime and still dominate the other tournaments.

Here is my "Tier Of Champions"

Viruz
Swift
Shotgun
Szwagier
BHC-Jesk
ItS_HoT_In_Herr
Wargasm
Rat
StarTale
~Poscow
alf-attack
LuX
Braviet
Player
Foonat
YWFN
Tyrus
Medivh
Koorb
IAmBadman
Knitterhemd
Dugz[anz]
LoNe
^Paperboy~SoL^
00Joe
00Steve
Frost[DHR]
Manzon
DA_Mighty
[24-7]Joker
~Babypeon
Tabac[MaN]
Blid
ViolentCrime
spb
Canzfu
esn-
NaMaN
Terror[iS]
M.D.Krauser-
~Drax
Ripe[Eur0]
~Needled
Sparkz102
SoNiC[iS]
DisplayIF
Ogremage
DoritoeFU
Slacher
Mystical
Sepi
Yamon
tk
Lightbringer-
Naman
SirJynxIt
LTFan

Legends who would be welcome in this tier if they ever returned as well:

Scrubbo
KHB
ArchAngel
SD-Prophecy
Ash
Valkrie
Yahmon
Cloud
~Meat
[TWAT]Fabolous
Nerzyman
Nalzyman
JayHawkerz

Could also make it anyone in the top 50 in ladder are eligible to compete in TOC tournaments, and anyone with 3000+ wins, but if your name is on the official list you are not eligible to compete in the other tournaments. (Just to try to help fill out the brackets for these) because even with a group this big, chances of having these guys logged on at same time are slim, and I am sure you want to have at least 4 or more playing at once in these or whats the point.

Then winning x amount (I think 2 or 3 would be a good number) of the lower tier tournaments can earn you a spot in TOC.

Also would suggest the prizes for TOC being slightly higher at least to add to the importance of it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:18:05 PM by XuRnT »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
The reason why I do believe its better not to combine everyone together is because it will be the same 3-5 people winning every single time. If you I were to put you against braviet 1 tourney, then Medivh the next, then 00joe after that, and then some other tier 1 after that you will feel discouraged from entering future tournaments.
Even if you personally do not I can assure you most players do. Nobody likes being completely destroyed in a 1s and in past tournaments I have hosted many tier 3 and bellow players didn't want to play because they didn't like playing with professionals.

Furthermore I already can say with certainty the ladder is easily manipulated and stat numbers mean little in terms of skill. Warhammer for instance has over 7000 wins and fewer than 4000 losses, due mainly to the fact he watches so many games.

For now lets focus on placing people in their respective tiers then work from there to the next step.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Nice list btw Lux
war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
The reason why I do believe its better not to combine everyone together is because it will be the same 3-5 people winning every single time. If you I were to put you against braviet 1 tourney, then Medivh the next, then 00joe after that, and then some other tier 1 after that you will feel discouraged from entering future tournaments.

If you have a tier 1 that only consists of 10 people and you schedule for a tournament you are probably going to get 2 people total. Is that still considered a tournament? Or is it just going to be a prize match.

The list I posted is made up of all former tournament champions except 5-6 heavy hitters I decided to add in there. Everyone on the list I posted would beat down on your average Tora or Xurnt who are looking to join a casual tournament, you take away the tier 1 2 and 3 heavy hitters and then the gap in skill between everyone would be a lot closer for your average joe to have a chance. Then while you continue to bump up the winners of those "casual tournaments" your playerbase for "Tier Of Champions" expands while still giving the casuals hope to win one.

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 07:35:22 PM »

If you have a tier 1 that only consists of 10 people and you schedule for a tournament you are probably going to get 2 people total. Is that still considered a tournament? Or is it just going to be a prize match.

The list I posted is made up of all former tournament champions except 5-6 heavy hitters I decided to add in there. Everyone on the list I posted would beat down on your average Tora or Xurnt who are looking to join a casual tournament, you take away the tier 1 2 and 3 heavy hitters and then the gap in skill between everyone would be a lot closer for your average joe to have a chance. Then while you continue to bump up the winners of those "casual tournaments" your playerbase for "Tier Of Champions" expands while still giving the casuals hope to win one.

Im agree with xurnt on this one. Also can we get xurnt to cover these tournaments. He's the only one that constantly post replays on both twitch and youtube. I believe he brings greatest exposure to general audiences.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »
It's perfectly fine for tier 2s to play in a tier 1 tournament provided that there is room. I can assure you they all want  play with the tier 1s.
The main issue here is preventing tier 1s from playing in tier 2 tournaments. And preventing tier 1s and tier 2s from playing in tier 3 and bellow tournaments.

For instance in this past tournament I hosted it was mainly tier 3s playing. No surprise when they had to go up against Greenagenda, Mystical, Yamon, and Sepi they were slaughtered. Wouldn't it be nice for tier 3s to be able to play a  tournament among themselves and win prizes just like the higher tiers.

Your list is fine however it doesn't say really who stands where. In the future I was hoping to unveil new icons and other incentives to keep people active. It also keeps the game more interesting when players see where they stand in the community.
Unfortunately due to heavy smurfing and ladder manipulation the ladder just isn't accurate and nobody takes it seriously.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:41:33 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2016, 07:40:05 PM »
Im agree with xurnt on this one. Also can we get xurnt to cover these tournaments. He's the only one that constantly post replays on both twitch and youtube. I believe he brings greatest exposure to general audiences.

Of course all players are more than welcome to host their own respective tournaments.
war2 > war3

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2016, 07:40:47 PM »
Let me clarify my Tiers. These arent for tournaments. It's setup for more of a league that
Mage (StarTale) had set up back in the day. This system worked amazing. Instead of doing tournaments its more of a league. We can set up a point system for wins and losses and have a section of the forums to where tiers can report wins/losses. This way people dont all have to be on at the same time which should work much better than hosting a tournament for 1 day. Startale would be a great person to get information from because his league worked and worked well.