Author Topic: Tier 1-2-3 lists  (Read 37330 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 1-2-3 lists
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »
 afun use of tiers would be if you had 4 of them and then had a league where people formed teams of 1 person from each tier.  tier 1 people could draft their teams.  not sure theres enough activity for that these days but you could even do scoring in like a 2on2 series based on which tiered players were participating. 

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »
afun use of tiers would be if you had 4 of them and then had a league where people formed teams of 1 person from each tier.  tier 1 people could draft their teams.  not sure theres enough activity for that these days but you could even do scoring in like a 2on2 series based on which tiered players were participating. 

Not a bad idea!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »
point system could be like this, pretty simple bar napkin stuff:
for a win the points you could get would be the sum of your teams tiers minus the sum of their teams tiers, times 2.  so like a 2 and 3 beat a 1 and 2, thats a total of 5 defeating a total of 3, for a difference of 2.  times 2 makes 4 points earned for the win
with a win minimum of +2 even if youre the favored team
and with loss being -1
should probably be a bo5

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »

This actually is a pretty good idea.

Lets take it one step at a time for now thou. There are a lot of other things that need to be done before we start trying to host doubles series between players. Hopefully i'll find some time this weekend to work on posting the different tiers and start days for the tournaments.
war2 > war3

Offline ~oE~

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »
Rather than pre-defining tiers, why dont you have tournaments with a point system to initially define the tiers. Then you can have tourney based tiers after that where people will migrate to and from tiers depending on performance. If being in a tier is really important to players, they will play the tourneys.

I ofc give zero fucks. I only play 3 on 2s and comp stomps with Sandman00.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Anyway, Never any of you in this staff will be able to do a league like that regulary, you way TOO FUCKING LAZY for that.

Says the guy who abandoned his own league with its own sub forum within 2 weeks

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:25 PM »
Rather than pre-defining tiers, why dont you have tournaments with a point system to initially define the tiers. Then you can have tourney based tiers after that where people will migrate to and from tiers depending on performance. If being in a tier is really important to players, they will play the tourneys.

I ofc give zero fucks. I only play 3 on 2s and comp stomps with Sandman00.

Its already more or less understood by all the players who stands where. If we get a few new players that no one knows then they would have to go threw that process. But currently that's not the case.
war2 > war3

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
I was thinking there might be enough people to do 4 divisions of 8 players in each division. You could do a league type system where everyone plays each other on a KOTH series and GOW series. At the end of the season the top 2 players and bottom 2 players based on the standings in each division play each other for their places in the next season. If you didn't wanna do a league, well then you have 4 mini tourneys or something.

Division S:
Swift
Shotgun
Szwagier
StarTale
Player
Jesk
Braviet
Steve

Division A:
Lux
Joe
Mystical
Paperboy
Knitterhemd
Alf
Decap
Sparkz102

Division B:
Koorb
Ogremage
GreenAgenda
Yamon
Sepi
spb
poiuyt
tk

Division C:
sh4de
TWN-Cancel
Slacher
Gleip
Equinox
Stugotz
KacnaPoB
esn

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »
If someone listed doesn't want to participate or is inactive currently just replace them with someone else. Obviously no one has seen braviet in a while so I doubt he would be playing, so you could give his tier spot to someone in division A, and bump someone up from division B or just add someone not listed I guess.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »
I actually think your idea makes the most sense ST. I suppose we could keep track of wins by going thru ladder reports.

How long should each season last for u think?
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
Also how exactly do determine points like that. For instance if swagier and jesk played each other and went 5-4 for swag. Would swag only get 1 point?

Essentially is it that the one who plays the most wins?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:33:32 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
it's not really for 1v1s...

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »
Also how exactly do determine points like that. For instance if swagier and jesk played each other and went 5-4 for swag. Would swag only get 1 point?

Essentially is it that the one who plays the most wins?

So Shotgun vs. Startale 35-13

And Braviet vs. Startale 70-32

Shotgun is up 22 games on startale and braviet is up 38 games on startale
Shotgun has a more dominant record. Which player is considered higher? 

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
tier system is soooo flawed.

skill is all relative to the player determining it.

styles and inactivity (or activity) play huge roles.

i see huge flaws in everyone's tier system, but that doesnt mean i'm right and they're wrong.. it just means my experience with players is different than other people's experience... because we all have different styles.

and i see some people are putting their war2 buddies higher tiers than they really are, or people they dislike at lower tiers than they deserve to be.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2016, 07:21:54 AM »
Yeah tiers can be tricky depending on how active or motivated people are or if we’re referring to 1on1 or actual team play… I’m rating people on the highest level i’ve seen them play at, even though some may have fallen off or got real active when this game became essentially dead. I weigh team players higher than 1on1 play and deducted a little for players who’s only strat is pretty much fast lust.

Tier 1-

NeRzyMaN - Babe Ruth of war2, I would name my 1st born Nerzy if I could find a girl who would sleep with me -

Scrubbo- Tim Duncan of war2, very systematic and gave me some great completion through out the years with flashes of some great creativity! Micky Mantle

Jitter - Not your typical Asian, he’s  can be a hilarious shit talker, he’s 1 of the best team mates i’ve ever had. Also, could own Tyrus with baby in hand! I could do pretty much any strat and he was smart enough to adapt even when I did something stupid. Scottie Pippen! very well rounded.

Ash- Great creative team player and awesome shit talker- Pistol Pete meets Rasheed Wallace!

Shotgun - Great at 1on1 and late game for team play, although he’s more likely to call me a }{orse  faced faggot than actually adapt his strategy to mine lol - Pete Sampras of war2! Past his prime but he can still school ne1

Viruz- The man who needs no introduction, a modern wrecking machine. He’s so good at 1’st and so reliant on his freakish speed he sometimes throws common sense out the window and tries to rely solely on war2 athleticism.
Hybrid of Westbrook and Mike TYson - Will map and drop 81 if you Fuck up

Kanuks- Arthur was a cool dude but we spent most r time talking shit lol. was decent on F too!
Tracy Mcgrady - had a few good years then vanished into obscurity

Nalzyman- For his team play he knew how to keep opponents busy and wasting rez while letting your ally takes the map, He was a master as invading a town with 5 peons and shutting down duals. I remember one time when he 0 bagged shotgun twice in a row. wasn’t uncommon for him to go minutes with out mining while winning lol… He is the master of towers -
Robert Horry - His stats don’t say MVP but whoever on his team can guarantee victory if you play smart.

Braviet- Guys like him are part of the reason I kept playing this game, he wasn’t afraid to try suicide strats and always manages to innovate and keep you on your toes! Overall, a good sport too! for an Asian that is - Jacky Chan of war2 but when he’s }{ot the boy’s Linsanity

^Nail~SoL^- The only guy I ever trained that way able to surpass me, He was very creative with out neglecting basic mechanics. Absolute beast… Him vs Swift would be like  Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman. Jordan vs Lebron in their primes, would be sick to see 1on1.
Lenny bias, died 2 young from a gun shot

**Swift - Obviously swift has an Aserrisk by his name, he should actually have multiple ******* but i’m not trying to develop carpel tunnel.
He’s a great 1on1 player but he doesn’t step out of the safe zone much(though he can he’ s  just lazy). Always making the bare minimum to power and strike some soft target & power to lust and come on strong with a 1st wave. It’s effective but it’s also the most boring transition. Sure you can play survive for 10 mins or you can enjoy early and mid game. He takes it that seriously, when many of the top players have moved on or just play for fun. He’s still a beast to watch on F and 1on1 - he will never be remembered for team play but his 1’s are a gift to watch vs a good opponent.  He’s the Barry bonds of war2 - Allen Iverson , plays in an easy era with mad help from Balco but still had mad hops. He's actually probably the 4th best i've seen on FFAs

Tier 2 -

Sc~Terror - Best FFA player ever-
Khb - Mackenrow- David Robinson
Nex-
Tony- took a 3on1 from 6! lol - Ken Griffy
Tabac - Worlds most polite war2 player and can get Jiggy with it - Tim Tebow
Dugs- Nalzy JR. but he can only go left, when u tower and hidden rax every game you become too predictiable, if he switched it up a little!
DICKS OUT FOR H ARAMBE!

Hotty- Creative !  Steph Curry with the POP BOY
Knitter
Pimster- Love how he would go all ogers and never DK, Arvitas Sabonnas
KgbAgent97- Under rated as shit, Dwayne Wade
Jesk
Jayhawkerz- Matt Barnes - Best known for stalking Nalzyman’s x GF
Dong3r
Poscow
Tyrus- some great performances but most his career he’s weird emo Johnny Manziel (also lost a retirement match to nalzyman, banished to Azkaban)
~Babypeon- Once slept with Ukpeon to make rent - Asian Anna korna Kova
Jungle
Valkrie** - Lance Armstrong, to this day he doesn't explicitly acknowledge his hacking, he alludes to it in obscure terms like admitting it to us some how makes it real - The day he was caught & KICKED the fuck of [24-7] by Pimster was probably the worst day of his life to this day. He makes me r0fl my Pants when the bad guy finally gets it! Isiah Thomas -Bill Lambeer

Kith-Kannin- Good play multiple maps well! Bo Jackson!
Azteca - possibly deported, PUIG
Lothar_zone - Top Human Player of an era (not all time) i’d say, knew how to really Mass knights and use healing and mages well - Wess Welker
ws- Warstar had some impressive late game - Tim Thomas - Ginobli
Yah`mon- Legend on Nwtr and  Always brought it for team play - John Stockton

Tier 3 -

Startle - Has many tier 2 properties but can’t adapt well, too rigid in his understanding - Bipolarish , Charles Barkely when he’s being an Ass hole lol. =)
Prophecy- gives up too easily or he could be tier 2 - Paule Pierce in a wheel chair
Buzzbomb- Cal Ripken JR> Most games played in 3 months ever
AcidGangsta
Szwagier
Sparkz
Foonat
Tdawg
~Meat
Lothar
Tarquinnin
Watje
Guan-yu
yauyau