Author Topic: little bit dissapointed how there's no music or voice over  (Read 3387 times)

Offline 90sgamearethebestgames

• Critter
    • View Profile
little bit dissapointed how there's no music or voice over
« on: October 01, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »
so i found out about and downloaded this because i wanted some nostalgia and i decided to start off with some campaign. and i got disappointed when i didn't hear the epic voice narrating the briefings or the music.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: little bit dissapointed how there's no music or voice over
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
buy the full game or get the dos version,this is mainly for multiplayer aspect of war2.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »
They were removed to make the download size alot smaller, the games like 700mb otherwise.

Offline 90sgamearethebestgames

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 08:30:16 PM »
They were removed to make the download size alot smaller, the games like 700mb otherwise.

that's not really all that much. its 70% of a gigabyte.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »

that's not really all that much. its 70% of a gigabyte.

While I agree personally, it was a turn off for alot of others. Which I personally think there should be 2 versions in that case.

internet speeds in alot of countrys at the time of the client release probably weren't the greatest either for a file that size.

But yeah, they only added in the campaign pretty recently, like maybe a year or two ago to the client. So maybe in the next patch the voice narrating  might get fixed, but we rarely get those. (if iL~ posts on this thread his the guy who works on the client and can probably explain) but like easycompany It was mainly released for online play, but since we have a toxic community that scares people off the server all the time, I think it was a good choice to add the campaign in so they can at least play Single Player. Which they couldn't previously unless it was custom maps and scenarios.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:23 PM »
What about this one:

Warcraft II Battle.Net Edition 2.0 (Nostalgic)

v0, 59.05 MB   This release is used for playing versus the computer. Intro, music, and all campaigns present. You cannot play on Battle.net servers; you need Combat Edition for playing on server.war2.ru
ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/war2bne_nostalgi.rar

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »
or this

War2Music.exe

v1, 7.20 MB   
An experimental program for adding music to War2Combat. This program will overwrite your install.exe and will not not restore it after uninstallation. You should reinstall combat if you want to remove the music.
ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/War2Music.exe