Author Topic: $100 Tier 1 tournament October 9th - November 6th  (Read 51785 times)

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: $100 Tier 1 tournament October 9th - November 6th
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »
I was on all Tuesday morning which is when we agreed to play. I didn't see you till the evening when I was getting my daughter ready for bed. I hopped on cause Dugs messaged me on facebook. I said I would be able to play when she fell asleep, which was going to be about an hour. You said 5 mins or else? Lol. I am able to play right now for 2 hours or tomorrow from 9am-noon.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »
Didn't realize I left the stream on, lol. Just goes to show I wasn't even on the PC

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »
wtf??!!?? i said we can play AFTER MY WORK AND I SAID IT WILL BE MY MIDNIGHT AND YOUR 17 AND U ACCPECT IT  and i waited 2h
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:11:37 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2016, 07:13:07 PM »
wtf??!!?? i said we can play AFTER MY WORK AND I SAID IT WILL BE MY MIDNIGHT AND YOUR 17 AND U ACCPECT IT  and i waited 2h

Looks like it's just ST's words vs. Szwaiger's. This can only be settled with screen shots or maybe just agree on a time and post publicly.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
To be honest this month long tournament seems like a good idea in theory. The idea was to give players the ability to play on their own time. I did try my best to coordinate with all the players via pms and Facebook. Players like Viruz, Lux, knitterhemd  and a couple others were very postive in their responses and did play

Unfortunately there has been too much dodging and excuses from many of the other players, for these reasons we will be suspending this tier 1 tournament will further notice.
It seems we will have to go back to making it a 1 day 2-3 hour affair.
war2 > war3

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
I would give it through the weekend Tora. It seems the biggest problem is the different time zones especially with work. It worked out well with Viruz and I because we are the only 2 that are in the states that played each other. Weekends should free up more time for players.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »
I am free to play Friday anytime, but I never knew szwagier was a lying tard like the other pollacks on this game. You asked me what time and I stated it, mouse was right there. Maybe you did not understand time zone IDK

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2016, 06:09:11 AM »
Nice try bro i see that u are stupid and i wont talk to you anymore if u dont remember that u accept your 17:00 tuesday. Maybe eq was right, nice fear

And yes i cant play today and saturday morning , thats why i talk about tuesday
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:58:05 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »
this tourney is way too long and so many people are dodgers.

it would have been much better if you threw in some t2 players (who are actually active),
made the series 3 different maps instead of Bo3 on one map
map pool should be something like GoW, PoS, and B2B, maybe maps like GWN or Dark Paths

this way it would be more conclusive of a good wc2 player. Playing a water map like FoC is ridiculous because most pro players don't even play water maps...

tournament shouldn't be a month long. if you can't play cause you're too busy with irl then your basically a retired vet. Why not host a tourney for the new talent?

just my 2c  :-\

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »
To be honest this month long tournament seems like a good idea in theory. The idea was to give players the ability to play on their own time. I did try my best to coordinate with all the players via pms and Facebook. Players like Viruz, Lux, knitterhemd  and a couple others were very postive in their responses and did play

Unfortunately there has been too much dodging and excuses from many of the other players, for these reasons we will be suspending this tier 1 tournament will further notice.
It seems we will have to go back to making it a 1 day 2-3 hour affair.

Another problem was that you set players for a tournament without even asking them resulting in having inaktiv players and players who don't like the maps/format.

An alternatively format that worked pretty well in like 2012(?) was a league format. Everyone can just play everyone and gets points based on results. Thats an highly motivating and fair format. Non-top players can try to get a good ranking when they are very active for example. This again rises the questions why we don't have a motivating (for example elo style) ladder system yet. Remember all of them newbies in wc3 trying to climb the levels and collect avatars lol.

My opinion on different maps
Most non gow maps have very little variation if you play them at a high level. That said, for me bo5/bo7 is pretty boring on most non gow maps because it either results in repetitive games (small-med rush maps) or in long ass late games (big maps / sea). I prefer loser picks next map (for example from a certain map pool) and random res adds even more variation. Different predefined maps in a boX is fine too.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2016, 11:45:07 AM »
The problem is with a league its very difficult if not impossible to keep track of all wins/losses of something like a league.

The ladder is not a good representation of where players stand among the community. Unfortunately the ladder is full of smurf accounts and is easily manipulated.
There is no real solution to this problem.

As far as not including players in the discussion I don't believe that is a fair assertion. While its true I didn't ask Jesk specifically what maps he wanted to play and which he didn't. I did request feedback from players for weeks before starting the month long tournament. KOTH probably was the way to go I won't disagree with that.
war2 > war3

Offline BHC-JesK

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2016, 02:52:04 PM »
The problem is with a league its very difficult if not impossible to keep track of all wins/losses of something like a league.

The ladder is not a good representation of where players stand among the community. Unfortunately the ladder is full of smurf accounts and is easily manipulated.
There is no real solution to this problem.

As far as not including players in the discussion I don't believe that is a fair assertion. While its true I didn't ask Jesk specifically what maps he wanted to play and which he didn't. I did request feedback from players for weeks before starting the month long tournament. KOTH probably was the way to go I won't disagree with that.

it's not hard to track scores, the winner has to report the score in a topic. last time i think i did an excel sheet with % win ratios n stuff. but that's just a suggestion

i don't care what kinda formats you host, but getting auto-set in a tournament and kinda getting forced to play is just strange.

€found the sheet
just trying to give suggestions and maybe improve stuff, don't feel attacked.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
This again rises the questions why we don't have a motivating (for example elo style) ladder system yet.

ELO ladder is a nice idea, several people have brought it up, e.g. Jos has made the point that it would make it much easier for newb's to find players their own level to vs. I'd like to and am reasonably certain I can make it happen, just a matter of finding the time.

sadness
squeak!

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2016, 05:09:45 PM »
Can we just skip all the bs and see szwaiger vs. Shotgun already?