Author Topic: standard peon count  (Read 18228 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: standard peon count
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »
dont tech at all. 90% of the ppl try to run for lust or have plans for late game only.

2-4 raxes depending on the situation whether u need towers or cats or just hard rush, that will do against any luster/dualer.
rush em down aggressively, just keep sending gruntz or gay.

that poscow style newbie shit iz so common that all ppl do it all the time. it iz simply fukin boring but ez to kill with aggressive play.
look at ppl building every spot cept 6, always the same, same places for rax at 9/11/5/4 for example. and defending a lot n stayin home, only fukin little runnin n scoutin with few grunts, always the fucking same. almost every player. when it is every1s strategy it stops to b a strategy at all.
I think it's common because it's very adaptable and rounded.  For example, if you 1 rax and pump grunts, and then set up a good choke point or even just a good defensive line of grunts, you can do a pretty good job holding off a two rax rusher, and yet have a better economy and be way faster to lust.  If he does overwhelm your grunts you can usually fall back to a wall-in and a cat or something.  But maybe you are also talking about the strategy of popping out like 5 grunts and then preemptively catting.  That's good for the same reason, because it gives you a tight defense but lets you scout for duals, towers, etc. and adjust if necessary.  If you try to play aggressively against these people, like you suggest, it can work, but it'll be tight.  You'll be breaking into their base when they are popping out ogres and hitting fortress.  You can kill them, but if it were easy, so many people wouldn't use that strategy.

Offline IustinLZep

• Peon
    • View Profile
standard peon count
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Best Peon Gay                  i found a peon rush that is not seen that much but still common i guess. i wanted to know what some other pros thought. just mill after farm then repair and its a 4peon gay. i think -genkido- showed me. anyway in a 3on3 i thought it may be smart instead of scouting after farm. any input?