Should Blid UNBAN Sepi?!?!

YES KURWA
6 (31.6%)
no
10 (52.6%)
blid is gay
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Unban Sepi  (Read 14748 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Unban Sepi
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »
I ask kindly to unban sepi.
Should you fail to satisfy my needs, the actual machinations will begin

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Sepi
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »
Tell me in your own words why you believe banning Sepi was wrong, and why he should be un banned.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
on Sepi there's one major issue and it breaks both ways.  That is, I really think he's mentally ill.  So on the one hand, he's not a hacker, and I feel bad punishing him for anything because I think he can barely even be held responsible for it.  But on the other hand, we've got a weird guy calling people's businesses with an avatar of himself wearing some sort of military beret talking about how he's making a list of enemies who he will take action against.  If he were American I'd feel like this is the behavior of a guy about to go off on a spree killing.  I don't really want to encourage his behavior or have a very likely mentally unwell guy making threats in the community
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:51:52 AM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
on Sepi there's one major issue and it breaks both ways.  That is, I really think he's mentally ill.  So on the one hand, he's not a hacker, and I feel bad punishing him for anything because I think he can barely even be held responsible for it.  But on the other hand, we've got a weird guy calling people's businesses with an avatar of himself wearing some sort of military beret talking about how he's making a list of enemies who he will take action against.  If he were American I'd feel like this is the behavior of a guy about to go off on a spree killing.  I don't really want to encourage his behavior or have a very likely mentally unwell guy making threats in the community
Kurwa!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »

first of all, only the bolded part applies.

If this is the permban, then we should say goodbye to lance too. Unban sepi or ban lance.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
we havent called it a permaban.  what id call it i guess is a mentally unwell guy making threats and behaving inappropriately ban.  indefinite time period, we may decide after awhile to lift it and see how hes doing or may decide to leave it until we hear from him or someone else that hes doing better.  if you have any input on how you think is best to deal with a guy obviously struggling with some stuff then happy to hear it. sorry to disappoint you though but i dont care about a lance precedent or whatever in this situation, i care more about something tailored to the specific circumstance of a guy having some problems and acting in troubling ways.  but i think letting him play and post freely doesnt necessarily help him and only allows him to inflict his issues he's dealing with on us
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:14:00 PM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 12:23:40 PM »
I suppose this means less "stripper wife this, autistic kid that, drug addict, pball takes skill yadda yadda".
I am happy to know Sepi is not permbanned. We are holding our breath. Also i should be permbanned u bitch, you pussied out!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
I do believe Sepi needs a break from war2.

Like Blid says he isnt banned forever but he needs to take a step back from this game for the time being.
Because he is taking it far too personal and serious. Whether he calms down 1 week from now or 3 months from now thats up to him.
war2 > war3

Offline PogoStickGorilla

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »
calling people's businesses

Yo Sepi here. I never  called anyones business or anything else. All I did to Swift was the following: I noticed his companys facebook page had a 5 star review done by Swifts friend (I have evidence to prove its a friend). I hate this kind of branding. So I gave the facebook page 1 star to counterbalance the 5 star review.  But this review was up for less than 10 minutes.

Paperboy, among other people, is spreading rumors that I would have called Swifts work and said "SWIFT IS A HACKER" and hanged up. Also Paperboy is spreading rumors that I am writing bad yelp reviews of Swifts company.

As a feedback: Blid, you really should find methods for authenticating information you receive, especially since you are using the data you receive in a manner that has consequences. Also its quite cool that you weed me out from the conversation by banning me with all the power you possess and then say things that are not true. Oh well, I do think this all is quite entertaining.

Take care.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:51:17 PM by PogoStickGorilla »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 01:54:10 PM »
In that case, the entire decision is outrageous!

Offline PogoStickGorilla

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
In that case, the entire decision is outrageous!

Hehe. Thanks to you Claw, I know how not to get trolled. Thank you sensei!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:11 PM »
calling people's businesses

Yo Sepi here. I never  called anyones business or anything else. All I did to Swift was the following: I noticed his companys facebook page had a 5 star review done by Swifts friend (I have evidence to prove its a friend). I hate this kind of branding. So I gave the facebook page 1 star to counterbalance the 5 star review.  But this review was up for less than 10 minutes.

Paperboy, among other people, is spreading rumors that I would have called Swifts work and said "SWIFT IS A HACKER" and hanged up. Also Paperboy is spreading rumors that I am writing bad yelp reviews of Swifts company.

As a feedback: Blid, you really should find methods for authenticating information you receive, especially since you are using the data you receive in a manner that has consequences. Also its quite cool that you weed me out from the conversation by banning me with all the power you possess and then say things that are not true. Oh well, I do think this all is quite entertaining.

Take care.
Outside of the facebook fuckery this is fairly reasonable.  Can you can explain all your stuff about "beginning machinations" and "winning engagements" and so on?

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »
"All I did to Swift was the following: I noticed his companys facebook page had a 5 star review done by Swifts friend (I have evidence to prove its a friend). I hate this kind of branding. So I gave the facebook page 1 star to counterbalance the 5 star review.  But this review was up for less than 10 minutes."

You hate this kind of branding? First, you have no just cause  to go around giving ratings to my business, when you've never done any business with us. Two, what business is it of yours to be snooping around me or my businesses' social media pages? 

Also, FYI it's very common for family, friends, FB friends, etc to rate businesses of people they know. This doesn't mean I went around asking for such. People just like to be nice, or be seen being nice, to people in their circle/life. We have a business Facebook page that has something like 75 five star reviews and friends, family and associates of mine, my business partner, and our employees make up about half of those reviews. We didn't ask for any reviews and yes it skews the ratings big time. Get use to it, that goes for basically every single business getting review, especially on social media sites where the owners/employees also have personal pages - like Facebook. But again, what problem is that of yours. Try minding your own business and have respect for the boundaries in life that any decent person wouldn't  cross.

All that being said, I still think you should be unbanned. I don't respect that Blid showed you lenience given your actions towards others, and made excuses for not being appropriately proactive, yet when you finally point your finger at him he swiftly and without second consideration bans you. It may not have been what he intended, but he made it appear as if he's a self-interested admin who looks more after himself than the user base. For that, I think you were unjustly banned.

Moreover, although I really don't get your angle, I still recognize that you only really seem to target people who you feel "started it" and for that I can reason with you a bit - unlike EQ who for no excuse, other than being a little insane, just started some vendetta against me and goes around spreading lies non-stop. I do think you went a little far looking at my personal page, writing  business reviews and looking up various business state records, etc but I figure you must have felt I was a jerk to you in order for you to do it. For that, I apologize. I like to troll and debate, and get into 1on1 series with people and talk shit the whole time (assuming I'm wining) and with that I sometimes take it a bit far and I don't really ever feel good afterward about being a bad person towards someone. Anyway, best of luck~ I may pop on some day down the road and own you, along with everyone else, in some 1s/2s.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:47:51 PM by Swift »
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline PogoStickGorilla

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
To Blid:

Machination - a plan to get my will through.

And my wish is more justice in the community. But I am starting to understand that people act injustly towards me just because they see me as a threat to their position in the war2 rankings. They want to keep their position in the "ladder of skill" so they try to gain competitive advantages by dealing all kinds of low blows. I had a problem with this because I had a misinterpretation about it being a community thing, instead of it being about competition. But now, understanding this, I'm fine with it. So Blid, if someone utilizes mental warfare, when it has to do with me, you don't have to give it any attention or bans.

I have a tremendous amount of tools at my disposal for me to reach my will - but I choose not to utilize half of them. Whenever someone resorts to plain brute force without ethical (or scientific) justifications, I will release some of my restrictions to increase the variety of tools available to me. Simply the tools I utilize are strategies/approaches from literature such as Sun Tzu The Art of War, Niccolo Machiavelli The Prince, Miyamoto Musashi The Book of Five Rings, Robert Greene 48 Laws of Power etc. I decrease the amount of my own personality and increase the presence of Machiavellianism in my persona.

I don't believe you can utilize force or go against peoples will to gain lasting results, there will always be a backlash with unforeseen consequences. The effective route is to understand peoples interests and align these interests in a manner that creates the wanted results - or try to remold peoples interests by revealing them new perspectives on approaching situations.

Hm I wont go further, but maybe this will give you an introduction to what kinds of things are moving in my head. I normally would not reveal my inner workings like this but feeling quite nice atm so yolo.

Offline PogoStickGorilla

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
Swift:

First of all, i have no opinion or knowledge of what is the right answer. But just an interesting play with logic:
1. you have no problem with a friend giving you 5 stars - someone who has not been your customer
2. you get angry when i give you a 1 star review, because I have not dealt with your business, and therefore, I have no justification to give you a review
3. My will was to correct this 5 star review and round it to 3 stars - because the friend giving the 5 star review had not dealt with your business. And I wanted to make the review into an honest one: 3/5, a neutral opinion. To reiterate: exactly because your friend had not dealt with your business and had no justification to give your business a review. And my action was to nullify this review.

So.
A) why are you not angry at your friend (combine 1 and 2)
B) why are you not thankful at me for nullifying unjustified review of your friend? (combine 2 and 3)

But I must say Swift that I am starting to see that you are not malevolent in nature. I see you make contradictions like this a lot and my first impression was that you were attempting to manipulate. But having watched these patterns long enough I've noticed they are caused by something else (which I do not want to say unless instigated).