Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 2825 times)

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
HELP!
« on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »
So Ive downloaded the new warcraft 401 download to play.  My problem Is that I have a screen resolution error come up saying not optimal settings.  Also when I do get into the game my chat lobby is blank I have the screen but no words.  Also sometimes my desktop shows through the screen.  I  do not have full screen either I have a little box in the middle of my screen.  Any help would be appreciated I am not a computer savvy guy but would love to play this game again. Any hep would be appreciate.  I've also downloaded and tried both fixes on the server page with downloading the ddraw file and the other fix that says to uncheck the directdrawcomp box when you install the game.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:39:48 PM »
You using windows 10? Did you use the ddraw that's linked on this page? http://en.war2.ru/ddraw I have a friend using 10 who tried one ddraw file (there are multiple versions) that didn't help, but the one on that page fixed issues similar to yours.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:41:26 PM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »
Yeah windows 10 and used that file. Like I said unfortunately I'm not computer savvy so I'm stuck. 

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
Now I did download the ddraw file and just noticed its a zip file but when I drop it into the file there is no option to unzip it. I'm getting the battlenet edition shutitng down operation stopped  message when I start the game.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
HELP!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
So Ive downloaded the new warcraft 401 download to play.  My problem Is that I have a screen resolution error come up saying not optimal settings.  Also when I do get into the game my chat lobby is blank I have the screen but no words.  Also sometimes my desktop shows through the screen.  I  do not have full screen either I have a little box in the middle of my screen.  Any help would be appreciated I am not a computer savvy guy but would love to play this game again. Any hep would be appreciate.  I've also downloaded and tried both fixes on the server page with downloading the ddraw file and the other fix that says to uncheck the directdrawcomp box when you install the game.

Are you on a laptop or desk unit with external monitor?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 02:33:13 PM »
So I've gotten into the game and my menu and everything works.  I didn't use the war2ploader shortcut they gave when you install.  I used the war2nocd icon in the war 2 folder.  So next problem is getting the game to full screen instead of small screen

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
I'm on my desktop with external monitor

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 04:42:40 PM »
I think to get the screen 2 fit you need to right click on your desktop and click on graphic properties are graphic options are screen resolution. Then scale to full screen. I will double check on that when I get home but it does stretch the screen disproportionately. I prefer the black bars on the side

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 04:45:47 PM »
I think to get the screen 2 fit you need to right click on your desktop and click on graphic properties are graphic options are screen resolution. Then scale to full screen. I will double check on that when I get home but it does stretch the screen disproportionately. I prefer the black bars on the side

Try this. If not, I would also check your monitor settings (from analog monitor buttons) to see if there are any graphic settings that could causing the issue. I personally had this issue and it turned out to be the monitor and not the graphics card or computer.

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 06:39:13 PM »
Ive got black bars on all sides

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »
Ive got black bars on all sides

Did you try both methods?

Offline JHIND

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 07:50:54 PM »
Well I went into the graphic options and the only scaling option I saw I couldn't change. I didn't try the other.  But looking now I think I only have a picture size option of 16:9 4:3 or fit to screen and its on fit to screen