Author Topic: iL  (Read 6239 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
iL
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
is it possible to implement the new hosting fix into the war2combat download?

i want to mass advertise the server some time tonight for everyone who liked my page/liked my advertisement and ask everyone to download it and log on to play this weekend.

is it too soon or should i wait another week?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: iL
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »
it seems to be working from the people who have tested it.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:25:36 PM »
agree

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
is it possible to implement the new hosting fix into the war2combat download?

i want to mass advertise the server some time tonight for everyone who liked my page/liked my advertisement and ask everyone to download it and log on to play this weekend.

is it too soon or should i wait another week?
Oh! I didn't think about the new tonight combat version!
Even the next weekend is very hard time for that, but well, you right, i can try to release it up to that time...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:55:57 AM »
ok. if you think you can get the hosting fix included in the new war2combat by Friday maybe i will do one more advertisement on facebook right after you add it and try to get a lot of people online after hosting is fixed

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
Mad-Lusterr77 said he tested the new hosting fix and it worked for him. his only problem: war2 insight does not work with it.

he said he got the error message "War2BNE is not currently running" when he tried using insight with the War2PLoader

same problem with WarVid

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
ok. if you think you can get the hosting fix included in the new war2combat by Friday maybe i will do one more advertisement on facebook right after you add it and try to get a lot of people online after hosting is fixed
You tell right things: i could be carried away by my ideas of infinite improvement, but it would be better to implement currently working things into the new combat and release it soon.
All the future improvements could be released as a part of autoupdate for War2PLoader.
Mad-Lusterr77 said he tested the new hosting fix and it worked for him. his only problem: war2 insight does not work with it.

he said he got the error message "War2BNE is not currently running" when he tried using insight with the War2PLoader

same problem with WarVid
Hm, should not be so. insight checks "Warcraft II BNE.exe" checksum, loader doesn't change it.
Is insight/warvideo working for him with the same war2 without loader?
Does he use combat or anything else?

I just checked loader+insight - works fine in winXP.

Is it working for you in win7?
I'll check it on win 7 later, but im 100% sure it will work fine...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
loader+insight works fine windows 7
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
Must be something I am doing wrong then.  I will see if I can figure it out

And yeah it works for me when I use War2Combat, but then the recorders don't seem to work for me when I use the new loader.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:58:36 AM by Mad-Luster77 »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
Well, checked insight, that error means it's not able to find or attach the war2 process. That is strange.
Try to right-click insight - run as administrator, maybe it will help?

Mad-Luster77, i got some strange errors on your side while starting loader, i released the new version, try to update to it.

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
Yeah updated version didn't help either.  Maybe I have files in the folder that are interfering with something?  I dunno.  Was there any other task aside from just downloading the loader, then double clicking on the .exe to run it?  I extracted it into my War2Combat folder as well.

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 10:22:23 PM »
Maybe I will just start from scratch.  Delete everything in my War2 folder, and re-download only the necessary things.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 01:14:53 AM »
Maybe I will just start from scratch.  Delete everything in my War2 folder, and re-download only the necessary things.

probably not a bad idea.. ive done it quite a few times.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 06:51:16 AM »
Yeah updated version didn't help either.  Maybe I have files in the folder that are interfering with something?  I dunno.  Was there any other task aside from just downloading the loader, then double clicking on the .exe to run it?  I extracted it into my War2Combat folder as well.

I don't see that errors with the updated version anymore.
Maybe that means just that problem with insight isn't relative to that errors...

Yes, just to extract war2ploader.exe and libcurl.dll into war2combat folder and start war2ploader.exe, that's what you need to start it.

That shouldn't help, but if you do that, please, copy the old war2combat folder, not delete it.
Otherwise you possibly resolve your problem, but we won't locate the bug. Locating the bug is important part of testing, i'd appreciate any help with that.

2 questions:
Try to right-click insight - run as administrator, maybe it will help?

Did it help you?
2. try to run war2ppatcher.exe after war2 is started via war2ploader - will it find war2 or have the same problem as on my picture?
(Warcraft II BNE not started)?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:55:11 AM by iL »

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 09:12:36 AM »
Oh I ran PLoader as administrator the first time, not Insight.  Yeah running Insight as Administrator did help me, and it works now :O :O :O.  And the Patcher does not give me those error messages ^_^