Author Topic: Master tag challenge thread  (Read 244116 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Master tag challenge thread
« Reply #450 on: May 02, 2017, 04:09:28 PM »
There isn't anything compelling about this match to me as of yet. Nobody with an opinion that matters thinks U8 will win.

It's the same story line as before.  I'm inactive/inconsistent, and then someone gets good, or a former good player gets unrusty and then a few people start to wonder if that person can beat me. U8 is just the next Scrubbo/Poscow. I got called out by them, and I unrusted to play them and they both lost decisively  - and they were both significantly better than U8. Also, U8 seems to be very humble/friendly so that also leaves no ego  to be broken. Perhaps you should talk some shit. Do you think you would beat me in a GOW series? KOTH series? Both?
They more care about it than me or you, why u care about it? Thia game is dead ( its true) there is only 200? 300? Active players, this gamę is... Just to old

When was last challenge vs master? 2 months ago? Noone challenge Swift as legend, Noone challenge me aw grandmaster
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
There isn't anything compelling about this match to me as of yet. Nobody with an opinion that matters thinks U8 will win.

It's the same story line as before.  I'm inactive/inconsistent, and then someone gets good, or a former good player gets unrusty and then a few people start to wonder if that person can beat me. U8 is just the next Scrubbo/Poscow. I got called out by them, and I unrusted to play them and they both lost decisively  - and they were both significantly better than U8. Also, U8 seems to be very humble/friendly so that also leaves no ego  to be broken. Perhaps you should talk some shit. Do you think you would beat me in a GOW series? KOTH series? Both?

Not sure about Poscow, but as far as Scrubbo , HE WAS THE ONE unrusting and getting good really quick and took a nice chunk of wins against you while you were in your peak in 08. You were still better overall but I don't see how you can compare the situation to you vs. U8 now unless it's the other way around saying you are like Scrubbo having to get better.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:53:22 PM by XuRnT »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2017, 04:49:13 PM »
I want to know what BigEars is

u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:51:58 on 04/19/2017.
u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:33:47 on 04/19/2017.
u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:22:41 on 04/19/2017.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
I want to know what BigEars is

u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:51:58 on 04/19/2017.
u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:33:47 on 04/19/2017.
u8t3io3p (#1) defeated braviet (#10) on "BigEars" at 00:22:41 on 04/19/2017.
Very nice map.. But imbalance, right spot got more Space. I won from both sides
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2017, 06:41:28 PM »

Not sure about Poscow, but as far as Scrubbo , HE WAS THE ONE unrusting and getting good really quick and took a nice chunk of wins against you while you were in your peak in 08. You were still better overall but I don't see how you can compare the situation to you vs. U8 now unless it's the other way around saying you are like Scrubbo having to get better.

Incorrect. Scrubbo played over 3,000 games in about 9 months prior to some of our series, and had been on the server prior to that. His appearance on .ru didn't last but maybe a couple years at most, but I don't think there's a player who played that many games in that short amount of a time - perhaps maybe spb or braviet at one point? idk. Anyway, Scrubbo got to a good level on .ru, especially at 2vs2 and was beating just about everyone. He was the only old school bne top player besides shotgun who got good again on .ru and did really well (and maybe nerzy too for a very short period of time.

You also aren't capable of recognizing if he was off or not, as you don't understand the game at the highest level, as consistently evident by your youtube commentary on replays. That's not intended to be mean, it's just a reality.

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »

They more care about it than me or you, why u care about it? Thia game is dead ( its true) there is only 200? 300? Active players, this gamę is... Just to old

When was last challenge vs master? 2 months ago? Noone challenge Swift as legend, Noone challenge me aw grandmaster

I don't care too much. The idea of it is kind of intriguing. Unrusting / getting familiar with a bunch of maps and then having a competitive series like back in the day. Nostalgia perhaps. But the effort / time it takes to do that isn't worth it to me.

I'm sure we'll continue playing like we have - occasionally and just for fun. I just prefer people not recite records off ladder / replays as if they prove something, as I am obviously nowhere near my peak state and haven't been for years.

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 02, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »
B07 on Rockchuck.pud

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #457 on: May 02, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »
Looking at just the old youtube series I have uploaded was October and his account was created in March, so the series was at 7 months of unrusting. So you are comparing a 7 month of unrust against how many years of you consistently being on every year? Since 2000? Before? Scrubbo was off for at least a couple years prior to coming back on .RU and was extremely competitive in 7 months.

"I unrusted to play them and they both lost decisively"

That is what I am arguing how can you say you are the one that unrusted? You were active for years prior to playing him.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 02, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
I played multiple series vs Scrubbo, in a few different time periods. If the series you're referring to is the KOTH one that Pimster arranged, then I wasn't rusty in that one. Neither was he.

Did you actually upload that series?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 02, 2017, 09:05:53 PM »
Scrubbo was good, perhaps the best (DI)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #460 on: May 02, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
I don't remember if that is it or not, it is a variety of maps so perhaps.

The uploads are really horrible quality and most of the games do not even feature the winner (judging by the mini map and my memory I think it was you though)

This was a really nice Maze game, I think I remember you winning it. The finish never got uploaded

NWTR Scrubbo wins

friends you won

gow you won

---

I think there were more games in the series but that is all I ever uploaded from there.

----

Remember the series Pimster arranged between you and YWFN?

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #461 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »

oldskool feature > peon hero

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »
Yeah. That was a KOTH BO9 arranged by Pimster.

Offline Vizzer

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 11, 2017, 08:30:01 PM »
I challenge any master tag holders for their tag.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2017, 09:51:34 AM »
I challenge any master tag holders for their tag.

Pick someone from the list and challenge them.
u8t3io3p
Shotgun
Lone
Medivh
Startale
BHC-Jesk
Alf-Attack
Braviet
Knitterhemd
war2 > war3