War2.ru Slogan
News: Back by popular demand, the SMF Arcade!!!
PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Master tag challenge thread 33364  655

Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1868 Karma: +98/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Master tag challenge thread
« Reply #630 on: November 25, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »
@Tolean Shotgun barley plays and lost his master tag icon due to inactivity. He hasn't won a single tournament in years and hasnt played in any master tag challenges despite having master tag status for months. Is any of this his fault? No.

I don't doubt Shotgun is one of the best on the server. But is he "the greatest ever," I think not.
"Legendary" status was given to swift and "master" status was given to 8 other players at the start of the series. Shotgun has months and months to challenge swift to obtain Legend status and he never did.
He is welcome to go thru to conventional means of obtaining it like everyone else.
that makes sense. is/should getting grandmaster be required to challenge legend? like master > grandmaster > legend

was also kind of thinking that legend was swift's honorary tag in recognition of achievements, is it part of the challenge system now? (kind of like how he says master tag was originally just for him and later got appropriated for other stuff haha)
Ogre Mage Posts: 2360 Karma: +103/-8 The General ********

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 25, 2017, 09:45:24 PM »
Legend is a little more skewed.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2949.0.html

Nobody has ever shown any interest in challenging swift or the legend tag for that matter. If someone really was interested in it I wouldn't be against giving them a way to obtain it.
I do like that idea of master<grandmaster<legend
Berserker Posts: 621 Karma: +18/-3 *****

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 26, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
Nobody has ever shown any interest in challenging swift or the legend tag for that matter. If someone really was interested in it I wouldn't be against giving them a way to obtain it.
I do like that idea of master<grandmaster<legend

I'll be interested in the legend / grandmaster tag if its fixed on the speed I play, even faster. If my opponent is allowed to pick maps on fastest speed I don't have any chance.

I never considered Legend tag because I thought Swift would just have all the settings in fastest.
Berserker Posts: 701 Karma: +36/-0 *****

Szwagier

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:45 AM »
I dont like fastest, maybe customs, So im waiting
Grunt Posts: 121 Karma: +6/-0 ***

KagaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »
Is this thread still working? I want challenge my buddy Antti)
Ogre Mage Posts: 2360 Karma: +103/-8 The General ********

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »
I accept.

Maps:
1) HSC classic high
2) Four Corners high
3) X marks high
4) World Domination BNE high
5) GoW old ef high
6) PoS BNE low
7) GSEPS high

Kagan you can suggest maps and I'll replace. I'd like to play x marks but it will be difficult if theres someone who wants to stream. I'm tired n' going to bed right now. I'll tell tomorrow the times/days I can play at.

KagaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 01, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
Good choise)
We can play xmarks with streamer. Propose to change hsc bne to xmarks. But its not ladder map. We can also play "The River Kwai". Its pretty intereting duel map.
Grunt Posts: 55 Karma: +6/-0 ***

Cel

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Cel

« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:17 AM »
The problem with Xmark is that on high resources the map is very unbalanced, the left spot is very favored: it has bigger island and shore is closer to center.
On default/low res I would still favor left spot for the late game but it is much more balanced by the fact that you don't get to do the 3 shipyard juggs rush right away.
Making having exposed main base less of a problem.

For casting I think there is an obs version of the map out there but that would mean fixed order which means you would have to roll the dice on who starts left/right. In any case if you record all games with insight it would do the job fine we can always cast the games on stream after they are played if you keep the outcome a secret that way we are still discovering the outcomes "live" ;-).
 :critter:

KagaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 02, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »
The problem with Xmark is that on high resources the map is very unbalanced, the left spot is very favored: it has bigger island and shore is closer to center.
On default/low res I would still favor left spot for the late game but it is much more balanced by the fact that you don't get to do the 3 shipyard juggs rush right away.
Le? But u cant hop from left spot! :P
Sappers Posts: 809 Karma: +34/-3 ******

Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 02, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »
@Tolean Shotgun barley plays and lost his master tag icon due to inactivity. He hasn't won a single tournament in years and hasnt played in any master tag challenges despite having master tag status for months. Is any of this his fault? No.

I don't doubt Shotgun is one of the best on the server. But is he "the greatest ever," I think not.
"Legendary" status was given to swift and "master" status was given to 8 other players at the start of the series. Shotgun has months and months to challenge swift to obtain Legend status and he never did.
He is welcome to go thru to conventional means of obtaining it like everyone else.
that makes sense. is/should getting grandmaster be required to challenge legend? like master > grandmaster > legend

was also kind of thinking that legend was swift's honorary tag in recognition of achievements, is it part of the challenge system now? (kind of like how he says master tag was originally just for him and later got appropriated for other stuff haha)

Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Tora gave me legend tag with intention that it was undisputed / exclusive, and quickly changed his stance when his initial intention met criticism / resistance from a few people.

luckily, my heart can only be broken once! 
Ogre Posts: 1494 Karma: +56/-36 *******

Winchester

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 03, 2018, 12:20:30 AM »

Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Tora gave me legend tag with intention that it was undisputed / exclusive, and quickly changed his stance when his initial intention met criticism / resistance from a few people.

Wasn't it only Equinox that was crying about that?
Grunt Posts: 55 Karma: +6/-0 ***

Cel

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Cel

« Reply #642 on: June 03, 2018, 05:42:38 AM »
Le? But u cant hop from left spot! :P

It is true you have that possibility but really it is not worth hoping in the first place most of the time.
You do get quicker on the islands but you don't have the time to build a barrack and cat on the island quick enough for it to make a difference as your opponent with 1 cat and a transport will manage to get you off pretty easily.
Hoping is much more risky than you'd think. plus if you fail to secure both island you still have the disadvantage of having a very exposed main base from water.

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 04, 2018, 12:42:54 AM »
Kagan u can choose the beginning time of the challenge from the following:

Gmt+2:
9.6 Saturday 1pm to 6pm
10.6 Sunday 7 am to 12 am
Sappers Posts: 809 Karma: +34/-3 ******

Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 04, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »

Wasn't it only Equinox that was crying about that?

ah, you're right.