Author Topic: Master tag challenge thread  (Read 244128 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Master tag challenge thread
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
If someone wants to play koth its up to them
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2016, 01:00:25 PM »
So in this case, if lone doesn't want koth, i would choose to play him bo7 series on one of the settings he spefified:

1. GOW BNE F
2. GOW OLD EF
3. HSC BNE EF
4. Arctic circle EF/F

For example "i see ure good at AC, i like that map too, lets roll"

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »

YES but if someone wants KOTH, it should just be KOTH, not a whole long list of preferred map settings. Its giving your oponent an edge in this case

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »

YES but if someone wants KOTH, it should just be KOTH, not a whole long list of preferred map settings. Its giving your oponent an edge in this case

Yes your right if someone wants to play KOTH then the setting should be KOTH. However once again that is up to the master tag holder being challenged. I see nothing really wrong with posting what settings and maps a master tag holder prefers to play. That should make it easier for players to practice before said challenges.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »
And like we already stated, it is the master tag holder that decides what map and settings are played not the challengers.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »
I see nothing really wrong with posting what settings and maps a master tag holder prefers to play. That should make it easier for players to practice before said challenges.
well yes, but thats giving an edge to the challenger. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad.
I just thought it would be good to see if someone preferred bo7 on a single map, or had a list of maps he prefers and can play one of them. If someone prefers KOTH then basically anything could happen and stating "KOTH" is enough for the challenger to be aware that different settings can and will occur

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
I see nothing really wrong with posting what settings and maps a master tag holder prefers to play. That should make it easier for players to practice before said challenges.
well yes, but thats giving an edge to the challenger. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad.
I just thought it would be good to see if someone preferred bo7 on a single map, or had a list of maps he prefers and can play one of them. If someone prefers KOTH then basically anything could happen and stating "KOTH" is enough for the challenger to be aware that different settings can and will occur

But the master tag holder would have to agree to KOTH battle for it to take place.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
i dont have anything else to tell you. the concept i presented is very clear

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »
So in this case, if lone doesn't want koth, i would choose to play him bo7 series on one of the settings he spefified:

1. GOW BNE F
2. GOW OLD EF
3. HSC BNE EF
4. Arctic circle EF/F

For example "i see ure good at AC, i like that map too, lets roll"

Listen as a challenger you dont get to choose what maps are played.
Only reason yamon picked some maps against lux was because lux wanted to play it KOTH.

Also realize these master tag holders are the best players on the server. Even if a challenger knows what maps and settings they like I dont think it will make a huge difference. If anything hopefully it will encourage people to step up and take the challege which is a good thing.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »
the ENTIRE point of such list would be for the master tag holders to specify the settings in which they are willing to play.
In this case, if LONE specified arctic circle and then DIDNT want to play arctic circle, that the entire list would be as good as garbage and should be thrown into the dumpster.
if he specified KOTH but then DIDNT want to play KOTH, then the entire list would be as good as garbage and should be thrown into the dumpster

why are you making this entire concept sooooo damn complicated? what are you missing?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
the ENTIRE point of such list would be for the master tag holders to specify the settings in which they are willing to play.
In this case, if LONE specified arctic circle and then DIDNT want to play arctic circle, that the entire list would be as good as garbage and should be thrown into the dumpster.
if he specified KOTH but then DIDNT want to play KOTH, then the entire list would be as good as garbage and should be thrown into the dumpster

why are you making this entire concept sooooo damn complicated? what are you missing?

Ok, I see what you getting at.

I suppose I hoped a list showing what settings and maps players prefer would hopefully give some insight into what type of player they are. Thus helping people decide what master tag holder they wish to challenge.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
Also if any master tag holders would like to challenge other master tag holders to Singles or doubles matches, we may be willing to sponsor a cash prize for the winners. 
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
yes i challenge Lone.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »
Lone u accept?
war2 > war3

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
I accept but not I'm not sure when I'll have time to play. Hopefully the coming weekend will work for both of us.