Author Topic: Master tag challenge thread  (Read 243591 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Master tag challenge thread
« Reply #600 on: November 24, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
@Tolean Shotgun barley plays and lost his master tag icon due to inactivity. He hasn't won a single tournament in years and hasnt played in any master tag challenges despite having master tag status for months. Is any of this his fault? No.

I don't doubt Shotgun is one of the best on the server. But is he "the greatest ever," I think not.
"Legendary" status was given to swift and "master" status was given to 8 other players at the start of the series. Shotgun has months and months to challenge swift to obtain Legend status and he never did.
He is welcome to go thru to conventional means of obtaining it like everyone else.
war2 > war3

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 24, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
Nerzyman and I are the greatest to ever log onto a war2 server

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 25, 2017, 03:14:04 AM »
Hmm Tora... You know better what is happening there. If there is a rule how to obtain the legendary status then everybody should go through it. Looks like i was thinking wrong about how to obtain it. I was thinking its smth given forever due to player's past and present achievements. For sure i am not the one to decide who is the best ever, so everybody must follow the rules if they want to have the icon of the best player/master/grand master or they can just consider themselves best players, but with no icon or let's say without official status.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:10 AM »
I will be back soon and dominate the newbie sepi and all of you bitches! When i didnt play for a long time ,he barly beats me 4:3... i shouldnt win a single game, just want to make sure how bad he actually is.
Anyway shotgun is a great player , also Startale is... Sepi cant beat them, doesnt matter what maps hes gonna pick.

Hopefully Server is growing again, had no time to look tho.

Love 90% of you xoxoxo

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 25, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »
Why u Still dont understand, its for Active players.... I can Say im better than player xxx, he should never got Master tag, i think tora should add rule, players who lost Master tag, shouldnt be Able to challenge the same person who challenged him
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #605 on: November 25, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »
@Tolean Shotgun barley plays and lost his master tag icon due to inactivity. He hasn't won a single tournament in years and hasnt played in any master tag challenges despite having master tag status for months. Is any of this his fault? No.

I don't doubt Shotgun is one of the best on the server. But is he "the greatest ever," I think not.
"Legendary" status was given to swift and "master" status was given to 8 other players at the start of the series. Shotgun has months and months to challenge swift to obtain Legend status and he never did.
He is welcome to go thru to conventional means of obtaining it like everyone else.
that makes sense. is/should getting grandmaster be required to challenge legend? like master > grandmaster > legend

was also kind of thinking that legend was swift's honorary tag in recognition of achievements, is it part of the challenge system now? (kind of like how he says master tag was originally just for him and later got appropriated for other stuff haha)
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 25, 2017, 09:45:24 PM »
Legend is a little more skewed.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2949.0.html

Nobody has ever shown any interest in challenging swift or the legend tag for that matter. If someone really was interested in it I wouldn't be against giving them a way to obtain it.
I do like that idea of master<grandmaster<legend
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:45 AM »
I dont like fastest, maybe customs, So im waiting
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 01, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »
Is this thread still working? I want challenge my buddy Antti)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 01, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »
war2 > war3

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 01, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
Good choise)
We can play xmarks with streamer. Propose to change hsc bne to xmarks. But its not ladder map. We can also play "The River Kwai". Its pretty intereting duel map.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:58:14 AM by KagaN »

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:17 AM »
The problem with Xmark is that on high resources the map is very unbalanced, the left spot is very favored: it has bigger island and shore is closer to center.
On default/low res I would still favor left spot for the late game but it is much more balanced by the fact that you don't get to do the 3 shipyard juggs rush right away.
Making having exposed main base less of a problem.

For casting I think there is an obs version of the map out there but that would mean fixed order which means you would have to roll the dice on who starts left/right. In any case if you record all games with insight it would do the job fine we can always cast the games on stream after they are played if you keep the outcome a secret that way we are still discovering the outcomes "live" ;-).
 :critter:

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 02, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »
The problem with Xmark is that on high resources the map is very unbalanced, the left spot is very favored: it has bigger island and shore is closer to center.
On default/low res I would still favor left spot for the late game but it is much more balanced by the fact that you don't get to do the 3 shipyard juggs rush right away.
Le? But u cant hop from left spot! :P

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 02, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »

that makes sense. is/should getting grandmaster be required to challenge legend? like master > grandmaster > legend

was also kind of thinking that legend was swift's honorary tag in recognition of achievements, is it part of the challenge system now? (kind of like how he says master tag was originally just for him and later got appropriated for other stuff haha)

Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Tora gave me legend tag with intention that it was undisputed / exclusive, and quickly changed his stance when his initial intention met criticism / resistance from a few people.

luckily, my heart can only be broken once! 
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2018, 12:20:30 AM »

Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Tora gave me legend tag with intention that it was undisputed / exclusive, and quickly changed his stance when his initial intention met criticism / resistance from a few people.

luckily, my heart can only be broken once! 

Wasn't it only Equinox that was crying about that?