Author Topic: Master tag challenge thread  (Read 238180 times)

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Master tag challenge thread
« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2018, 05:42:38 AM »
The problem with Xmark is that on high resources the map is very unbalanced, the left spot is very favored: it has bigger island and shore is closer to center.
On default/low res I would still favor left spot for the late game but it is much more balanced by the fact that you don't get to do the 3 shipyard juggs rush right away.
Le? But u cant hop from left spot! :P

It is true you have that possibility but really it is not worth hoping in the first place most of the time.
You do get quicker on the islands but you don't have the time to build a barrack and cat on the island quick enough for it to make a difference as your opponent with 1 cat and a transport will manage to get you off pretty easily.
Hoping is much more risky than you'd think. plus if you fail to secure both island you still have the disadvantage of having a very exposed main base from water.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
@Tolean Shotgun barley plays and lost his master tag icon due to inactivity. He hasn't won a single tournament in years and hasnt played in any master tag challenges despite having master tag status for months. Is any of this his fault? No.

I don't doubt Shotgun is one of the best on the server. But is he "the greatest ever," I think not.
"Legendary" status was given to swift and "master" status was given to 8 other players at the start of the series. Shotgun has months and months to challenge swift to obtain Legend status and he never did.
He is welcome to go thru to conventional means of obtaining it like everyone else.
that makes sense. is/should getting grandmaster be required to challenge legend? like master > grandmaster > legend

was also kind of thinking that legend was swift's honorary tag in recognition of achievements, is it part of the challenge system now? (kind of like how he says master tag was originally just for him and later got appropriated for other stuff haha)

Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Tora gave me legend tag with intention that it was undisputed / exclusive, and quickly changed his stance when his initial intention met criticism / resistance from a few people.

luckily, my heart can only be broken once! 

Wasn't it only Equinox that was crying about that?

ah, you're right.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:49 AM »
Kagan u can choose the beginning time of the challenge from the following:

Gmt+2:
9.6 Saturday 1pm to 6pm
10.6 Sunday 7 am to 12 am

second variant will be good

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 09, 2018, 12:24:41 PM »
Ggs bro. I need play more vs strong players)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i4OnNXetmatw4SFT9i6rxxiTUkJBCVv_

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:50 AM »
Il brought over (from vpn) / created the master tag for me exclusively, then burnt fought reluctantly to change that.

Not il, but Ldir. And you was one of three masters. But you definitely was the best one.
The first master was MasterKSA. He got this tag in 2004, when war2.ru was not known outside a small company. Here is the history page with KSA's master certificate (at the bottom):
http://war2.ru/oldsite/
Later, war2.ru became more popular, and a lot of people with good skills joined this server. In 2005 you beat MasterKSA 6-1 and got the "master tag" from Ldir. About the same time Gimli has beaten all the Russian players (including MasterKSA), and got the "master tag" too. So, only three players have historical "master tags" given by Ldir: you, Gimli and MasterKSA.
I even have somewhere replays of your competition with MasterKSA, if you want I'll try to find them.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
war2 > war3

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
@Antti_Kiviniemi
He has joined us during last FNW (Friday Night Warcraft, maybe the biggest ex-USSR tournament now). Kagan has won this tournament. So, you may be happy that you has beaten Kagan, as Swift has beaten MasterKSA.

There were a lot of good players from Zelenograd, joined War2.ru in the 2005. Gimli, Gadzila, KF. I can't say who was the best from this company, but Gimli was the first, so he has impressed Ldir and got his "master tag". After this (and Swift/KSA competition), Ldir decided to have no more new masters.

Offline RB:Zub

• Peon
  • zub zub
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2018, 07:16:20 AM »
Braviet! Come on challenge! Pliz more chop farms! :-))

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 02, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »
No customs accepted for master challenge.
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #624 on: September 03, 2018, 11:03:46 AM »

Not il, but Ldir. And you was one of three masters. But you definitely was the best one.
The first master was MasterKSA. He got this tag in 2004, when war2.ru was not known outside a small company. Here is the history page with KSA's master certificate (at the bottom):
Later, war2.ru became more popular, and a lot of people with good skills joined this server. In 2005 you beat MasterKSA 6-1 and got the "master tag" from Ldir. About the same time Gimli has beaten all the Russian players (including MasterKSA), and got the "master tag" too. So, only three players have historical "master tags" given by Ldir: you, Gimli and MasterKSA.
I even have somewhere replays of your competition with MasterKSA, if you want I'll try to find them.

such interesting history, thanks for sharing ! :D
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 05, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
I challenge alf-attack

@aLfReD
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »

@Zelya That would be great - I would love those replays. Can you post them here so anyone wants to watch them may do so?

I don’t recall ever losing to MasterSka - I thought I won 10-0 but you know what they say about memory :)
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 06, 2019, 01:34:57 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline aLfReD

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 06, 2019, 03:49:08 AM »
Okay, not quiet ready to let it go. Can you play Saturday?

Is it all gow or how does this work, been a while
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:23:26 AM by aLfReD »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 06, 2019, 09:15:41 AM »
What time Saturday?

It’s bo7 you pick the maps and settings. If I win ai get your master tag, if you win you get $10.
war2 > war3