Poll

Equinox should be banned?

Yes; sick of harassment and non stop QQ  from the little boy.
8 (61.5%)
No; I love broken english.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Ban Equinox  (Read 5956 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Equinox
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
the war2 community will not survive if we continue to ban controversial players.

although eq has a poor attitude towards new players, ironically he is the one with the most potential to recruit them

without new players the game will remain stagnant and the top players will continue to dominate the noobs

players like eq, xurnt and igognito are creating content that transcends the war2combat game itself, thus they should be praised for their work in the community

as a new player, i can attest that it is very hard to start playing this game, no matter how many games you watch and strategies and build orders you observe, you still need hands on experience playing or you will get towered from 6 every time. i can understand high level players not having the time to want to play with noobs, as there is a huge discrepancy in skill levels, making it fun for noone

this is why we need to cherish the streamers and people who are creating content to recruit more and more new players so noobs can play against similarly ranked players

in short, do not ban eq  ;)

Eq is only banned from the forums. He is free to play and stream as much as he'd like on ther server.
war2 > war3

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
although eq has a poor attitude towards new players, ironically he is the one with the most potential to recruit them

Lance and Burnt have more potential, same with USA~Feature, since feature had a youtube channel with over 25000 subscribers last time i checked, and that was 4 years ago. And when he wasn't playing war2, he was streaming other games and doing giveaways on there.

Lance had more viewers when he streamed. Equinox saying he's the best streamer is as true as when he says he's never hacked. His been caught multiple times. then continues to use the "I was 12 years old" excuse when he was build/spell hacking blatantly 2 years ago (something you made a thread about yourself not too long ago about this happening to you from another player, if it wasn't dellam then it probably was him that did it to you)

He also displays an elitist attitude when he streams at times, so he just adds to the problem that newcomers shouldn't come play the game unless they wanted to be treated like that by everyone.

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
eqs "elitest" attitude is what brings viewers and people into the community, look at any MOBA streamer who's successful and you will see they talk a lot of smack. people who are drawn to moba and strategy games are drawn to these types of peoples- it's psychology so I won't get it the reasons why, but that's generally the case

the most successful streamers are usually very controversial players

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
very good, nobody forbids him to stream or play the game. your argument is invalid

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
his argument posits that nox is a valuable member of community and thus his controversial nature should be embraced, rather than being censored. I usually have no problem with his posts as long as he isn't deliberately griefing with big walls of "X IS SHIT!" or w/e. If anyone doesn't like what he has to say they don't have to read or reply to it!
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »
his argument posits that nox is a valuable member of community and thus his controversial nature should be embraced, rather than being censored. I usually have no problem with his posts as long as he isn't deliberately griefing with big walls of "X IS SHIT!" or w/e. If anyone doesn't like what he has to say they don't have to read or reply to it!

Tell me in your own words, what are the forums meant for?

war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 07:50:14 PM »
Keep perm ban on equinox, and ryu. Those types chase more people away then they are worth.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:45 AM »
If anyone doesn't like what he has to say they don't have to read or reply to it!

The same could be said about my replies to him, you don't have to read or reply to it. but you do it anyway

Keep perm ban on equinox

Amen to that

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »
Tora.. I know where ur going with ur question and the fact of the matter is these forums are dead without controversial people like me, eq, claw, ryu posting.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »
Maybe u didn't notice.. but they were dead yesterday until I started stirring the pot up..

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
If anyone doesn't like what he has to say they don't have to read or reply to it!

The same could be said about my replies to him, you don't have to read or reply to it. but you do it anyway

Your replies to him have no purpose other than to clutter the forum with shit. EQ does make ok posts sometimes too. The forum rules say flaming is fine as long as it's not the sole content of a post, which is what yours are.
squeak!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »

Your replies to him have no purpose other than to clutter the forum with shit. EQ does make ok posts sometimes too. The forum rules say flaming is fine as long as it's not the sole content of a post, which is what yours are.

Doesn't change the fact that you're still reading and replying to it when you don't like it after telling others to don't read/reply.

And some of my flames are on topic too. Like when eq complains about ladder abusers and dodgers. I will point out that he does the exact same thing. Often with proof when he continues to deny it. Same with the hacking/cheating stuff. He likes to go on how people cheated 10-15 years ago when he was pulling a dellam 2.0 on the server 2 years ago (and probably still is, since his even more nuts now then he was back then), and pretends like he never did it.

If him flaming every single person on the forums with the "Sole content of a post" being the flame, counts as "ok posts sometimes" I don't really know how to respond. Please show me these posts where hes intelligent and doesn't completely derail what he says and make his post null and void in his next post. 

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
Man we are like that dysfunctional family at the family reunion where everyone bickers and tries to screw the other over. We're stuck with our admins, shit or not. Our bitching hasn't change that (unfortunately or fortunately). We're stuck with our small shitty little community where at least half of the current players have some degenerate mental disease or a list of felonies. It's whatever, we have to make do with what we got. And until someone really steps up and makes a real change, you have to deal with it. No one has gone out and found 100 or so people. I know I found about ~15 over a month period and they all quit due to a really really shitty server experience (personalities of players, unable to host right away, conflicts, large gaps in skills, waiting on games etc).

And until any of you are willing to seriously address this, stop bitching! Or find a new game! This thing is almost over. If we started out with 100 "pro" active players, we're now down to like 40. Players like Shawna and Rit that used to play this game 16 hours a day now play once a month. Stop the drama!
I love this game!