Author Topic: GGz! Byeee  (Read 8401 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: GGz! Byeee
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »
Turtling/playing defensively is part of the game too. I don't see anything wrong with building back raxes.
well your favourite buddy AA-deadly ragequitted me game 3 in the archers tournament for this very reason. I think u guys need to settle your gentlemen rules out

It's still unorthodox and not used frequently. I'd rather have the game played normally. But yeah there are some simple rules of thumb and some other rules on how the game should be played. Whatever, this argument is dead in the water. Neither  one of us will change their minds. The games were way more fun when we attacked each other organically.
I love this game!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »
they were better before you turned into a lil bitch :(

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »
you agreed to let claw wood rape, and when he did it, you got mad. it's that simple. don't agree to something and then get mad over it, even if it is in your view distasteful.

I am also aware that no wood rape is a very old tradition. So I understand where you're coming from.

But why quit over a lost series that was won in your opinion in an underhanded fashion? But remember that it's your opinion.

Many players disagree with rules in custom maps as well. And it was clear that claw was one of them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:46:35 PM by Yamon »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »
I am also aware that no wood rape is a very old tradition. So I understand where you're coming from.
i yet need to see an old school player that follows the tradition and is good at the same time. tells you a lot and debunks the "huge apm" myth. thought masta's better than that, but he raged and made remarks about my pizza money while:
1) having a shitty mouse in series 1 (excuses or cant afford 5$ new one?)
2) having a shitty computer in series 2, saying that warvid lags his comp (excuses or cant afford a 300$ machine?)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
i yet need to see an old school player that follows the tradition and is good at the same time.
I don't think there are any.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »
i yet need to see an old school player that follows the tradition and is good at the same time.
doesnt go well with this theory: "People play these specific types of customs to use their accumulated fast-clicking skills and pit them against each other;"

:/

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 01:57:40 PM »
doesnt go well with this theory: "People play these specific types of customs to use their accumulated fast-clicking skills and pit them against each other;"

:/

people play customs because they're not good enough for bne. This is common knowledge. And if they're not interested in the actual game, then they probably aren't good at all either way.
There are very few exceptions to this rule. And the only ones are players from the 90s who started in customs, like greenplastic.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:00:37 PM by Yamon »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »
People play customs 'cause they're fun. In my case they were probably the first maps I tried back when I was a wee newb and I just sorta glommed on to them. On east there were so many people you could play your fill of any map you wanted all day every day, there was no impetus to branch out like there is now. I was never even aware of the bne players or their culture back then. But anyone's good enough for bne really, it just takes longer to pick it up. (Even I'm making progress!)
squeak!