Re: Message to the world of warcraft 2
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 02:54:59 AM »
Ok, I skimmed that letter can't say I read every word, but I do love your passion for the game, its a truely beautiful thing.
I would say something to the people who like to give the admins a hard time, there are a few of you, and this is not addressed specifically and any one. Please consider this:
- This server IS wc2. There is no other place that you can play it online, because there are no other players anywhere else. If this server dies, the game dies with it.
- This is a fact. Wishing this were not true will not change it.
- Providing rational arguments why this should not be the case will not change it.
- Ranting and screaming abuse because you are so upset that this is what has become of the game you love will not change it.
- Praying to the divinity of your choice is probably your best bet, but based on all evidence so far, this still will not change it.
- When you vent your frustration by publicly putting down the people who run this server, you are putting down the server, and by extension damaging WC2, because like it or not, this is all we have left.
- Even if you are honestly convinced that your statements are correct, justified and well deserved by the people you are targeting, please be smart about it. Hurling abuse NEVER makes you or your case seem more credible, and I believe it truely hurts the game.
Hold on to the passion, but also use your intellect. None of you are stupid. We are a small community. We are all we have left. Looking after each other, and particularly the admins is looking after the game.