Author Topic: GGz! Byeee  (Read 8436 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
GGz! Byeee
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »
Ok serious last good bye. In light of drama and all this shiznit i wanna say bye [again]. Thanks for the really good times, especially pre-.ru but yeah still good times.

Claw just 3-1'd me in AO. I recorded the 1st two games but my computer was too laggy to continue recording. I'll post them up in a bit. He won 20 bucks by following rules that really really suck. So I'm going to whine! This game really sucks sometimes. Many people are amoral and don't follow conventional wisdom gentleman rules.

Customs typically have unwritten rules while classic's and BNEs do not.

Examples:
LA Archers you don't side
Archer Friends you don't wood rape until you've killed all raxes
BGH you don't gold rape
Chop Farms you don't farm rape until everything else is pretty much dead.

Pretty basic unwritten rules. The only way for me to get Claw to play me in archers was to wipe away these rules, and naturally that is one of the reasons why I lost (Besides him being better than me). Some people agree with me; folks like [AA]Deadly will only play by gentleman rules. In light of all this bs spam community versus admins and diminished game counts, I'm seriously done this time! I'm part of the problem by leaving, but none of the real problems get fixed.

We have like 8 admin now and I see 1-2 kind of regularly. Real life is way more important, but admin should be chosen by activity, mental stability, coherence, contribution to the server/community and more. Some of the admin have paid their dues, but that was a long time ago. (Example Rit is awesome and really got big into social media for a few months... I don't see anything now. If he still posts and an active W2er like myself doesn't see the stuff then that's bad too. He plays League of Legends all day long and logs into Wc2 for a tournament in the last 6 months and is still an Admin). Nearly everyone dislikes Blid for fair and unfair reasons. Why should an admin be trolling on smurfs causing grief instead of being a figurehead we can fall in line behind? Foonat is a great person, but he is never on. Dugz goes on sprees of being on and off. ~ToRa~ is by far the most active and is inundated with school work/exams. Most of the admin fail in criteria necessary to be an admin.

And yes, I know this is the 1000th post by the 100th person about this, but my perfect memory of this perfect game is becoming tarnished by bullshit! There are games with millions of people on them that you can wait less than ~2 seconds to find a game that fits your needs. I'm off to find one of those. I hope I don't reinstall wc2 again.

Bye! <3 most of you. The rest of you should be checked into a mental institution for yours and society's benefit. :)
I love this game!

Offline Ch0pStyX

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Chop Replays
Re: GGz! Byeee
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
Ok serious last good bye

See you next week!

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25:29 PM »
well i dont know much of the custom community, but the "gentle" rules u call it sound pretty stupid and boring.
If u cant wood rape etc... its just a click game without strategy - sounds boring, whoever clicks faster wins.

You should have learned some real maps, but too bad you never grew up to the big league!

Goodbye.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
well if its getting in the way of real life :o think im gonna quit also or find other drunks ;D

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »
See you in 1 to 3 months under whatever smurf name you choose. Will be pretty easy since war2 ru is 50% smurfs.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
i will relate to customs because i like customs

Archer Friends you don't wood rape until you've killed all raxes
wood rape is the most interesting topic here, because its not very easily blockable/avoidable. However, you can very easily use it to your advantage by flanking enemy with archers + peons (i am talking about 2h vs 1h situation here). Ive won lots of games on archers because someone tried to woodrape me. Just as i won many games in chop mad/jammin because someone tried to goldrape me.

Theres a nice example of my 2hall vs swifts 1hall where he rapes my wood all the time, but i still manage to win

BGH you don't gold rape
you can literally close your entire 420x241 spot with 1 hall... (or 1 hall + 2 ogre choke). not doing so while being behind sounds like a symptom of retardation to me

Chop Farms you don't farm rape until everything else is pretty much dead.
raping farms is a very shitty strategy and i only use it in 2 cases:
1) i am corner facing left-mid or right-mid and i know they backhall and like to turtle
2) i go for fast air and enemy is turtled or chopping mid

in both of these cases its beneficial and justifyable, but i cant think of any other scenario in which it would be wise to rape farms

on a side note, back before .ru there was another gentleman rule for chop - no goldrape. If you went ahead and DKed their gold line, they would ban you from games or get mad. Im not tooting my own horn here, because its a fact - i was one of the main reasons why the rule vanished :>>>

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »
Claw just 3-1'd me in AO. I recorded the 1st two games but my computer was too laggy to continue recording. I'll post them up in a bit.
are you interested in my replays from 4 games or not so much? (since youre retired forever). I can post them as a private youtube video for you, mouse and yamon to see if you like. Otherwise Im too lazy

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
the rage is real. None of this makes any sense.

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
lol there are no rules in war2 man.

the only scumbag move would be to BS your allies in melee

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »

Since when are there no rules in customs games? I've been playing this game for 20 years. This is news to me.
I love this game!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »
Just play with the free castles community, we all respect these unwritten gentlemen custom map rules.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »

Since when are there no rules in customs games? I've been playing this game for 20 years. This is news to me.
Just play with the free castles community, we all respect these unwritten gentlemen custom map rules.

What he said. Ill play you bo15 to get you started
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:35 PM »

Actually burnt, would you say peon rushing at start is breaking the rules in free castles?
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »
i didnt know there were unwritten rules in free castles. Could you tell me those?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:12 AM »
burnt is blocking his base with 2nd hall very fast, i dont think its possible. and his strat looks very efficient, so i cant think of any "dirty" start that would be seen as bad manner and beneficial at the same time. cuz we're not talking peon hiding here obviously