Author Topic: Re: Trump won and all I can think about is ^adam^  (Read 26863 times)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trump won and all I can think about is ^adam^
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
Global capitalism is not capitalism.
Where do you think your clothes are made?  Check the tag.  If all our biggest garment and fashion companies weren't having their goods produced by slave labor in unsafe facilities, our prices would go up and ownership's profits would go down.  Therefore, they'll see to it that they always have a source of cheap labor... they'll hold back labor movements in Bangladesh and if the workers there were to get too empowered, they'd pick up the factories and go somewhere else. That is "economic freedom."
Yes. that's why deregulating is important to bring our jobs back. If doing business in another country is better, why not do it? It's pretty simple logic.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:10:37 PM by Yamon »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »
You know what else is economic freedom?  Selling predatory mortgages to poor people.  Firms in a capitalist society are always profit-seeking, that's their nature, and they will harm people and crash the economy if it increases their bottom line.  Their "economic freedom" must be resisted

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »
America has no national religion. We are a secular country that separates church and state.

The founding fathers died almost 300 years ago what they stood for and believed means very little at this point. What matters is what the current generation wants and believes
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »
You know what else is economic freedom?  Selling predatory mortgages to poor people.  Firms in a capitalist society are always profit-seeking, that's their nature, and they will harm people and crash the economy if it increases their bottom line.  Their "economic freedom" must be resisted
There is no such thing as a "predatory mortgage" . In 2006, the government said we need " more home ownership " and forced the banks to lend to people who they wouldn't. And of course there is a reason they wouldn't, and it's because they were likely not able to pay it back. And profit seeking is the root of all prosperity. It's a fact.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
America has no national religion. We are a secular country that separates church and state.

The founding fathers died almost 300 years ago what they stood for and believed means very little at this point. What matters is what the current generation wants and believes

One thing I always observe in young people like yourself Tora, is the belief that the people of the past were somehow ignorant. They were technologically inferior, but that's it. 300 years ago people got real educations, and all there was to do for fun was read books. And what they stood for and believed is means everything. It's why you are well off.

Here is the 14th amendment.
Tell me how easily you can read it. It's in English. It was written by farmers.

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:24:08 PM by Yamon »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »
most people dont even know the bible....especially these local churches and it is used to use people and discriminate.

do i read it yeah,do i believe it not as much as when ur brought up in a church and dont question anything.so yeah it has made me wiser.

which i guess i kinda do believe it but differently, which is excercising my religious freedom.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:45:59 PM by easycompany »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »
Your aware that the founding fathers believed a black man was worth 3/5 of a white man? They lived in a different era.

An era we dont live in today.

These were people that essentially claimed right to America and said they "discovered" it despite there being a people already living there.(native indians)
The ideals and beliefs people held in the 1700s cannot be compared to the ideals and beliefs we hold today.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
Fyi that post you did about that constitution was only supposed to be meant for "English settlers" according to the founding fathers.
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
Your aware that the founding fathers believed a black man was worth 3/5 of a white man? They lived in a different era.

An era we dont live in today.

These were people that essentially claimed right to America and said they "discovered" it despite there being a people already living there.(native indians)
The ideals and beliefs people held in the 1700s cannot be compared to the ideals and beliefs we hold today.

Sir Isaac Newton -- The Discoverer of Gravity! Sir Isaac Newton was an English mathematician and mathematician and physicist who lived from 1642-1727. The legend is that Newton discovered Gravity when he saw a falling apple while thinking about the forces of nature.

So based on this argument, gravity  isn't real?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristarchus_of_Samos

humanity has always built off of what others have done, all of human history is just flat out progress, all the way
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:36:29 PM by Yamon »

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 02:29:14 PM »
Lol @ Yamon go from saying tax cuts on the rich "don't help anything" to now defending those tax cuts because the rich "create jobs"

Also the latest proposed congressional tax plan actually raises taxes on poor people, with the lowest bracket going from a 10% to 12% rate. 

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 02:38:50 PM »
Lol @ Yamon go from saying tax cuts on the rich "don't help anything" to now defending those tax cuts because the rich "create jobs"

Also the latest proposed congressional tax plan actually raises taxes on poor people, with the lowest bracket going from a 10% to 12% rate. 
that's not what i said at all. Foonat you've always been very dumb. I don't care what you have to say about anything. Go play dota 2.

and if you want to take it to the garden, i will be happy to embarrass you like I did tk.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
Islam is the national religion of Bangladesh. They neighbor with the Islamic State.
Huh?  Does "the Islamic State" here mean Pakistan or does it mean nothing at all?

Global capitalism is not capitalism.
Where do you think your clothes are made?  Check the tag.  If all our biggest garment and fashion companies weren't having their goods produced by slave labor in unsafe facilities, our prices would go up and ownership's profits would go down.  Therefore, they'll see to it that they always have a source of cheap labor... they'll hold back labor movements in Bangladesh and if the workers there were to get too empowered, they'd pick up the factories and go somewhere else. That is "economic freedom."
Yes. that's why deregulating is important to bring our jobs back. If doing business in another country is better, why not do it? It's pretty simple logic.
How is deregulating going to bring jobs back??  We gonna axe the minimum wage so we can be paid $60/month like the Bangladeshi people?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 02:49:59 PM »
How is deregulating going to bring jobs back??  We gonna axe the minimum wage so we can be paid $60/month like the Bangladeshi people?
Awesome me and blid could make a fortune starting a business and only paying our employees $60 a month :)
war2 > war3

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »

that's not what i said at all. Foonat you've always been very dumb. I don't care what you have to say about anything. Go play dota 2.

and if you want to take it to the garden, i will be happy to embarrass you like I did tk.
You literally did say that. Go re-read what you wrote.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »

You literally did say that. Go re-read what you wrote.
you go re-read it. I said Nothing of the sort. Defending tax cuts on the rich, is not Advocating tax cuts on the rich. I literally said the rich "create jobs" Yes. Meaning that TAX CUTS on the lower and middle class is a vital component of the rich creating jobs. That's literally what i said. It was crystal clear. There's only two options. Either you are trying to confuse other people, or you yourself are confused. And since you claim to be so intelligent, then i'll have to say it's the first one.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:25:24 PM by Yamon »