Author Topic: Warcraft 2 On Battle Net  (Read 8266 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 On Battle Net
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
Warhammer plays sea maps sometimes.  He's taking care of his sick dad or something thats why hes online a lot, and watches cause he often has to go to help his dad in the middle of games.

Ok azazel, Maybe tell him to watch breaking bad, game of thrones, or true detective season 1. It's much better than watching people talking shit for 10 minutes before starting every game only to quit right away due to lag or failed tower war.

why do you even care...
squeak!

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 03:30:16 PM »
I always found him to be an interesting fellow. He is knowledgeable in sea maps, passionate about politics, and always coming up with amussing jokes.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 11:01:08 PM »
Warhammer really liked talking about bottled farts too.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 02:39:26 AM »
That contradicts the hints they’ve been dropping at Blizz Con. Sounds like some of the Activision higher ups had them break the product cycle of games they’ve been working on for safer hits. War3 was shit because they tried to totally remove econ as factor. If they wanted greater emphasis on uc they could make slower build times for peons but it drastically limits your options when you can’t get Huge or p stop rush.  Blizzard could’ve easily capitalize on  Dota 2  and League of Legends type projects if they weren’t so fucking lazy and out of touch.

What makes war2 great is the intensity and ever shifting priorities. The spells are powerful enough where even a lesser play can come back if he hits u unlusted or lands a haste bomb, saps critical buildings, hops. Most of the units and spells are required vs an evenly matched player depending on the situation. At different stages you essentially win by focusing on econ, units or tech.

Tweaks i’d like to see would be healing with a 3x2 proximity spell like runes with better mana to heal ratio and casting with multiple units selected and cheaper exorcism and better polymorph and slow range. Skeletons should be more useful.

Additions: I’d like to see a 3rd race such as demons, Zergs or Minitars. 1 race has the slight advantage at hall, the other at keep , the other at Fort.  There needs to be sufficient parity unlike sc3 where Zergs suck for most games or only certain units and tech builds are used rendering the others irrelevant in many ways. In addition to picking your race at the start a list of hereos depending on the race as well. It can add an extra dimension of strategy without sacrificing the RTS aspect.  Like they should cost oil at the fort stage and you can only build so many, makes protecting your fort and smith much more impoprtant unless oil is added to a map, n u can lose a couple heroes with out being fucked. Medium range proximity spells that take 500-800 mana so you must protect them before they’re ready and your primary focus is on setting the board before the proper time to strike, like in chess. Your initial choice would cost about 500 gold at fort with only a second choice allowed and no more it will cost about 2,000.

Heroes:

Harmabe- Proximity shield _ ghost Harambe projects his spirit to shield a peon line to incur only 1/4 damage from a DK or a lust attack
400-500 Mana

MR Anderson- like a spy if he’s able to make it tap certain buildings he can steal their technology and can build from other races technology tree but double the mana requirements
So Healing Paladins that can lust for 100 mana pre Lust. Makes fliers more essential.
300 Mana

Gandalf the Gay - YOU SHALL NOT PASS - 2 lines that last 8 seconds that take 1/2 your HP each time,
600 Mana

Jagga- Can clone and project ogers to appear that are actually just hollograms to get your enemy out of position for the real attack.
500 Mana

LOTR River Demon- Flood path into buildings 1/3-1/2 damage incurred, peons in the path stop working and have to be manually told to start working again.
500 Mana

Liono- Thunder cat }{o Sniper spell^  and enhanced scouting line of site with 4x1 kill shot area from afar all game
500 Mana

Dumbeldore- Phoenix fire proximity spell 1/3 damage
700 mana

Monstar- Opposing team loses magic for 8 seconds^^  and you get full mana
1200 mana

Not that any of this will ever happen but its cool to think about the possibilities and variations. Out of curiosity how much you think it would be to reverse engineer parts of war2? And recreate the rest. Khb did mention the pathing engine and other goodies he walked away with from Blizzard. It would be cool if there was a collaboration one day. People crowd fund all sorts of absurd shit, if people were motivated enough they could make a derivation of warcraft 4 that was fun and profitable!!! There are tons of people that play AOE still, the market is definitely there. Blizzard lost its way when it got sold multiple times =O… How feasible would it be to make with out Blizzard?

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 06:37:23 AM »
war2 would need at least 10,000 players for them to reinvest in it

also humans need balancing, and archers/dragons need more dmg

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »
war2 would need at least 10,000 players for them to reinvest in it

also humans need balancing, and archers/dragons need more dmg

You can add like two more zeros to that number chief.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:33:38 PM by BenJamin »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:40 AM »
lol paperboy!your making it more and more complicated!

i personally think the humans already can beat orcs.

dude thats working on sc2 clone should be able to do all this..i believe war3 can,but what happens you get a borefest...so many counters etc.

also be happy! that gamers keep moving with the companies ...jobs, keeps gaming companies alive.
a very healthy game community shit is probably around 300 people.

if blizzard did do it...they would shut down ru.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:30:00 AM by easycompany »

Offline Shotgun!

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 01:29:24 AM »
o do all this..i believe
maybe the server admin can increase the damage of the dragons and the archers?
ZiH`JhiN

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »
No those units can keep on sucking

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
I feel like I should diss blid for that comment since Equinox isn't here to do it...
squeak!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 05:50:32 AM »
o do all this..i believe

practice with some ideas.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »
o do all this..i believe

practice with some ideas.
Dude just get some grps for the eye and make that a new unit for human and orc.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 08:04:21 AM »
dude im retired

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
dude im retired
You can't retire LOOL wtf we got all the spell changes we need.

We can change heal to blizzard, etc! Now just need to find units and groups.... we can also change the exe or change the spells in real time without exe.....

Here let me give you a hint of finding it..
Open CE
Find a memory address related to barracks.

Right click it and choose show memory location...
It should throw you in hex
Right click again click make writeable
Look for grunt, footmen, orge, archer and so on. This would be alot faster in finding it.