Author Topic: i wanna make war2 youtube commentary videos  (Read 1544 times)

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
i wanna make war2 youtube commentary videos
« on: December 02, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »
anyone know what program to use?

i have a webcam for audio

but idk what software i need to view and record matches, i think i can use warvid but how do i capture sound ?

any suggestions are helpful, cheers   8)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: i wanna make war2 youtube commentary videos
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:33 AM »
http://en.war2.ru/stream

OBS is the best way! You can configure it to record war2 (both audio & video), webcam, & mic all at the same time, so you can commentate games as you're spectating. If you live stream then it gets automatically uploaded & saved to your Twitch account, then you can connect your YT account and export vids to your channel w/ 2 clicks. (If your pc's too weak to stream then you can still record to your hard drive w/ OBS and manually upload to YT. But streaming is better since it helps promote the game to a whole nother audience on Twitch!)

If you can't or won't use OBS for whatever reason then an alternative is to record w/ hypercam (guide: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,764.0.html) which also lets you do audio/video/mic (not sure about webcam). And there's always warvid, but no audio + you have to record the replay later using OBS/hypercam/another screencap app anyway, so very inefficient.
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
Are you planning on doing the commentary live while the game is actually being played or re-recording over the game?  .. if live, then yes you will need OBS. if not, I would personally  record the game with war2 insight then re-record over it to add commentary with hypercam

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
War vid doesn't capture game sound.. not sure if I sight does or  not.