Author Topic: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT  (Read 21426 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:42 AM »
theres been lots of kgbs on lately, some just random smurfs, but 70 is real for sure.

i didnt know my boy its_hot was on thats cool

however I feel like there's no chance the DT guys are real?  the real guys have been gone for like 10+ years

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:30 PM »
DethWlkr was a Legend in his day for team play on Kali and dabbled a little in early bnet! Cinder was good friends
with those guys he could easily verify if he pops on (Burnt will u e-harass him for me? lol). I doubt there are that many people left who knows who these guys are. Dark Tangent was the most dominant clan of its era like the Chicago Bulls. While Swift is more like Steph Curry lol..I would see him pop on every 2-3 years, its probably him. I remember last time he was doing some old school strats like 9 cannoning s9 to grunt rush in lol. He would get banned from games and people would tell him "Ur not the real Deth Wlkr, william wallice is 10 feet tall" so he kinda said fuck this lol... People need greater respect for their war2 elders instead of always being on a smurf witch hunt. Ash and Khb were also top players, the man holds the Guinness book of World Records for most broken war2 cds lol  = ) ...Nerzy and Kanuks, scrubbo Jitter, Kgbagent97, Ws- all top players for periods! I love how the current players always assume they're the top dogs when people pop on rusty time to time hehe. These niggaz could Burn DIESEL!

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 07:39:53 AM »
i'm a firm believer in the war2 meta evolving over the years. If you watch replays from back in the day the stuff they do doesn't make any sense and doesn't apply well to 1v1ing masters today, or say swift. It's clear that swift is the best there was and ever will be. Ash was a beast back in the day though after hearing about him for over a decade, and watching his replays. I would say Ash in his prime is almost comparable to swift's prime. But other than Ash none of these old players impress me.

Nerzy, scrubbo, and kanuks are all very good players, but i've literally seen swift kick all of their asses.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:46:27 AM by Yamon »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
I dunno, Nerz at the peak of his game was amazing. Swift didn't start playing until most people were on a downward spiral or had already left and came back. I remember when I first came on RU I had no idea who he was.

Also I would not be surprised at all if PB smurfed as Wlkr.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 09:56:23 AM »
I dunno, Nerz at the peak of his game was amazing. Swift didn't start playing until most people were on a downward spiral or had already left and came back. I remember when I first came on RU I had no idea who he was.

If Burnt uploads the videos and you see them, you'll consider that to be far beyond impossible! :)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »

swift's prime was in war2's prime in 02-04 when everyone was really experienced, polished, and very active. He was known as the best in the war2 lc community, and everyone who's anyone including you, i saw in the war2 lc. I used to see your name on a daily basis in war2 ladder challenges, the same time swift was around. It was also when i was new and war2 was fun and mysterious, and very much alive.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
I always gathered that whether Nerzy, Ash, etc could compete with players of today, were better than them, worse than them, etc, was always pretty controversial with differing opinions, outside of Scrubbo.  Always seemed like people were in agreement he'd compete today with anyone.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
swift's prime was in war2's prime in 02-04

no it wasnt lol.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »
Lol yamon desperately wants to suck swift's dick, I don't get it. Swift wasn't even around when war2 was really active and competitive, he was very late to the bnet party when many of the greats had retired or stopped taking the game as seriously. He was Calveries the known Hacker who only played fastest most of his early bent career.

Yamon ur right in the sense some of this builds  and starts have become more refined over time, that happens when you play the same map over n over, but much of that knowledge was built upon what their predecessors did & every strat has a counter regardless of who the masses feel like copying that year.

I find it funny, you're trying so speak on things you weren't even around for and when you were present u spent much of your career as a war2 nobody-joke. You begged swift to show you some things and jerk him off hard enough to become 1/2 decent by the time war2 was on life support lol. Swift is good at 1's but his talent was hardly unique, a lot of players that came before him would find him a good opponent but he would struggle to beat  many of them in a series in their prime. Swift would definitely be considered good in  earlier eras but he wouldn't stand out, its too bad he started playing when most players retired or stopped caring enough to remain competitive. Most people preferred team play something swift was never able to quite master, he was most a 1 trick pony with 1's playing for Ego not fun. He would also struggle to find 1on1 match ups since there was a big stigma against hackers. People don't like playing with people who lack integrity and find it necessary to cheat in order to win. Swift was good but never unstoppable, truth is nobody knows how much of his ef career he's hacked after being caught multiple times.

Amongst hackers he was #1
Swift, Valk, Summoner

Legit players he stands no chance against in their prime: NeRzyMan a force of nature, its too bad nobody really bothered taking that many replays back in the day. ^NaiL~SoL^ - Sick Micro and macro.... Scrubbo on a non now map

players that wouldn't go <50% in a series, khb, kanauks, shotgun,

Lol, last time I smurfed was as Ranjan, then ranjan oddly came back like a week later "wtf stole my account" lol
I bet its Swift and TK, after doing another fake retirement lol

Nobody is denying Swift is a great player but it's silly to call him an all time great, its too bad more of the greats don't come back and de rust. Then we could settle these hypotheticals once and for all!!! hehe
Swift was prolly the best Fastest player to ever play, i'll give him that

-- Ash could easily compete but his strength like Azteca was in team play. Not that they were slouches in 1's
NeRzy isn't really controversial if you speak to any "serious" person who's played in both eras

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 06:34:31 PM »
swift's prime was in war2's prime in 02-04

no it wasnt lol.

02-04 is when people were at their best. anyone who says players were at their best before then are just looking through rose colored glasses.

Online O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »
I think swift considers his peak in 07/08

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
all i heard swift talk about was how he doesn't try anymore, and how much better he used to be before ru. I can attest to that as well. in 04 almost everyone regarded swift or GLS as the best player.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

For EF It was definitely 08.  Overall, I may have been better pre .ru. The only thing I got from this damn game is shot wrists though.

I respect just about everyone's opinion on the matter, except PB's since he has a personal issue with me :D
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »
No doubt that swift was a great player,but ive never played much with him. Most importantly i will remember him as a hacker... :-(
Thats why i will never consider him as the best. I got way more respect of legal persons like khb, nerzy, ash, scrubbo or viruz.
Well i think a few people think the same and a few dont.
Also i remember that players like khb didnt respect swift and insta left or banned him when he joined the game.
Only legal persons are legends, remember that one ;-)

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »
02-04 is when people were at their best.

maybe, i dont know, i was just saying swift wasnt anywhere near his prime then.  i wasnt around then but i dont even think he was considered good in 02, even by himself.