Author Topic: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT  (Read 21349 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
I hate myself for saying this.. but swift is just as good as anyone else who has ever played the game. He hacked some games.. ok.. but he's also beat the shit out of everyone legit. I can understand not having respect for him because he's a hacker who pretends he doesn't live in his mom's basement... but to pretend he's not as good as anyone else is silly.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 12:16:24 PM »
http://ladder.war2.ru/record.php?player1=LoNe&player2=DethWlkr@DT

Dethwlkr is afk 10 years and goes 5-2 with lone? There is ur answer if they're smurfs or not.

They just don't want other people to know that they can't beat lone in a series
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:43:24 PM by tk[as] »

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 12:19:16 PM »
I dunno, Nerz at the peak of his game was amazing. Swift didn't start playing until most people were on a downward spiral or had already left and came back. I remember when I first came on RU I had no idea who he was.

Also I would not be surprised at all if PB smurfed as Wlkr.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
This. I used to go even with swift when I was playing all the time (like 05-06 or something, IDK exactly). Nerz was on another level.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:20:48 PM by foonat »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
No doubt that swift was a great player,but ive never played much with him. Most importantly i will remember him as a hacker... :-(
Thats why i will never consider him as the best. I got way more respect of legal persons like khb, nerzy, ash, scrubbo or viruz.
Well i think a few people think the same and a few dont.
Also i remember that players like khb didnt respect swift and insta left or banned him when he joined the game.
Only legal persons are legends, remember that one ;-)
Nerzy hacked on kali

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »
I dunno, Nerz at the peak of his game was amazing. Swift didn't start playing until most people were on a downward spiral or had already left and came back. I remember when I first came on RU I had no idea who he was.

Also I would not be surprised at all if PB smurfed as Wlkr.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
This. I used to go even with swift when I was playing all the time (like 05-06 or something, IDK exactly).

This is correct. Foonat absolutely did go even with me during my very first year playing EF and his 10th+ in late 06 / early 07. This is the same time frame when I was losing to viruz in embarrassing fashion while he used humans and I was still trying to learn old and EF. It wasn't until year 2 of EF that I was competing with / beating all the EF players. Not all players are naturals like Lone who learned how to get fairly good with 3 months of total practice. He's the one and only real war2 prodigy.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
I actually started playing around 2001 (and also started on GOW BNE/F), and you had already been playing EF for a year or two.  8)

I had a winning record on viruz around that time as well (I don't think I was better, I think my style just matched up well with his)

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
And BTW - the point of my post is not to say that you, or any of the other "best" players of the past 5 years or so, are good or bad. The point is that your skill relative to others whose skills have substantially declined (due to disinterest or age) is what makes you stand out. I think that was Shotgun's point. And actually Shotgun is in a unique position to comment on this IMO, as he barely plays and is still really good, maybe the best right now.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
Sg has never been the best as long as I've been playing on ru.  Szwag is hands down the best active player imo.. and lone may take that title if he keeps doing what he's doing.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 01:03:28 PM »
Sg has never been the best as long as I've been playing on ru.  Szwag is hands down the best active player imo.. and lone may take that title if he keeps doing what he's doing.

I would like to see a series between SG and Swagier. I still have yet to see that match up.
war2 > war3

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »
sg is better than both of them

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
Sg is losing against szwag. . 5-6 .. and I think szwag  is better now than he was when they played last

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »
Okay so they're even in 1v1, and sg is way better in 2v2 (this is more subjective I guess - people might disagree here), leaves us with sg being a better player.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Sg has always been just a fuzzy away from being best.. always 2nd or 3rd ..

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
Extremely subjective .. which leaves us with sg still currently losing against szwag in 1v1

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »
"Better at 2v2"  .. at my prime, hotty and wg were very active and at their prime as well.. I couldn't win a 2v2 with hotty as ally, but me and wg could compete with and even beat other "top teams"  .. just styles matching up or not...