Author Topic: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT  (Read 21413 times)

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: DethWave@DT DethMongal@DT DethWlkr@DT
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2016, 12:58:42 PM »
I got here in 07 and the 3 names that were talked about  when I fist came to the server were you, swift, and ruz.. based on what I saw, I felt like in 07 both of them has an extremely small edge on u in 1s ... not sure about ruz, but watching u and swift in team games was ugly back then.

Explain why SG and swift were ugly together.

Also explain why 00joe and kyle are the best 2s team but their record is 200-80, how can inferior players beat joe/swift at such a high percentage.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
Ben - Joe can attest to this but he's one of the players that when I ally I pretty much just go out mass peon scouting /towering  for the great majority of our games, so our 2s record doesn't really indicate our potential.

Not only that, but I didnt really try to be smart about my approach to towering people, I would just do things like run mass peons into their base all at once and try to make something work without any forethought. He's just one of the few allies who happens to not yell at me for doing stupid strats.

Also, we never claimed to be the best 2s team...tho no denying we are pretty snazzy  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:08:08 PM by Swift »
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
I got here in 07 and the 3 names that were talked about  when I fist came to the server were you, swift, and ruz.. based on what I saw, I felt like in 07 both of them has an extremely small edge on u in 1s ... not sure about ruz, but watching u and swift in team games was ugly back then.

Explain why SG and swift were ugly together.

Also explain why 00joe and kyle are the best 2s team but their record is 200-80, how can inferior players beat joe/swift at such a high percentage.

i wasnt saying SG and swift were ugly necessarily together, just in any team game period .. because they were pretty much exclusively 1v1 players for a while, and then they transitioned to 2v2.. and there is a completely different dynamic and lots of different variables to 2v2 which 1v1 players suck at initially, regardless of how good they are in 1v1 because they simply don't know what's going on.. and ego plays a part also "I'm a beast at 1v1.. i don't really need my ally to do much for us to win"  which isn't the case at all.

who said joe and swift were the best team? .. and where do you see their team record?  today they may possibly be the best 2v2 team, if they truly are, it's because they play together so often and have good communication.. i don't know.. i personally think there are other potential matchups that could beat them if they communicated properly (pick any two: steve, startale, braviet, lux, jesk, ash or WG (if not rusty))

but lets say they are the best .. and 200-80 is their record .. in 2v2's there are so many variables that can ruin a game really fast. just starting next to eachother (joe 11 swift 9) greatly reduces the chances of winning... because all their enemy has to do is keep them from expanding which is pretty easy to do when they're cornered in 9/11. 200-80 is probably a really good 2v2 record, especially considering most of the people who agree to play them are solid players.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:41:16 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2016, 05:45:55 PM »
another example

joe = 4 o clock
swift = 12 o clock

Startale = 5
Lux = 2 o clock

joe/st neighbors       swift/lux neighbors

if either joe or swift die early in the game, it's over... say joe loses the 4/5 tower war to startale .. swift has pretty much 0 chance of beating lux becaue lux will just play defence and wait for startale to get big ... it turns into a 2v1 really fast because joe happened to die early, or maybe not even die, just made a mistake that put him clearly behind startale.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2016, 05:46:26 PM »
What active team can beat 00joe/00kyle? Don't say Viruz/lux
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2016, 05:51:34 PM »
in my opinion the only reason swift/joe could be labeled the best 2v2 team is just because when they are both online, they're friends and they auto-ally eachother. so they play together more than anyone else.. that's their advantage .. but yeah, if  any of the two: braviet/szwag/lux/steve/startale/jesk/alf (or an unrusted ash or WG) became really good friends and auto-allied eachother all the time then i think those teams would be at the very least even with joe/kyle and some of those matchups would be better

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
So tk's answer is no team right now but few player combinations have the potential.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2016, 05:57:11 PM »
i havent watched the two of them play 2 solid players who worked together well ... but where are you seeing 200-80?   is there a team ladder page still up

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
pretty sure nova and i went roughly even recently vs them (maybe it was joe and someone else, can't remember for sure) and nova and i both suck lol

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2016, 06:49:03 PM »
pretty sure nova and i went roughly even recently vs them (maybe it was joe and someone else, can't remember for sure) and nova and i both suck lol

wouldnt surprise me at all and no, neither of u suck..  i could see u 2 doing well vs them.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »

Jesk/Alf

Szwagier/IAmBadman

Those two teams would put up a good showdown

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2016, 07:06:52 PM »
Rat/Alf team Sweden!!
Sg/Dugs team ANZ!!!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »

Jesk/Alf

Szwagier/IAmBadman

Those two teams would put up a good showdown

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2016, 07:33:08 PM »
Rat/Alf team Sweden!!
Sg/Dugs team ANZ!!!

i wish rat were more active.. :(

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
i'd be willing to bet lux/steve do pretty well (both active and both play against joe/swift)  or someone who startale doesnt feel comfortable raging against (possibly a steve or lux)   .. once anyone starts getting blamed for the losses, any team falls apart.