Author Topic: Allie with war2usa?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Allie with war2usa?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »
If knights had a stronger base than ogres, human players would get real annoying, they already do the thing where they attack and then run away when you lust, it's very micro-intensive, but imagine them attacking and running all the time with strong knights, and you can never get the edge on them because any time you're lusted they run off

perhaps make upgrading them to paladins a requirement for this to happen? and up the cost if necessary?

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
trying to balance the races two decades later would feel really forced, and new problems and complaints would arise regardless of what changes are made.

People who aren't good often overlook how much more powerful mages are than death knights, so if you're trying to use knights/paladins as humans you're doing it wrong.

Even buying one gryphon would annoy the fuck out of your opponent, so just change up the strategies/playing styles that you use.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:36:09 AM by Yamon »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »

relax people,this has been leaked!!! bliz is updating!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
Cool a mod server!

One change I would like to see is a hit and run archer!

I would like that upgrading to Ranger or Berserker  to also improve the unit speed. (Not attack speed but movement speed)
This way you could hit and run away.
Ideal speed would be +1 from Knight/Ogre speed.

About the balance of the 2races. I always believed that just changing the Sight of the Paladin to greater by 1 from the death knight would balance the game!

Paladins are a great defense unit if you get to see that DKs coming.

I disagree though on having a different server. Why not use war2.ru and the clients just go to a different channel!
Also a version control would not allow 2 different clients to play among them.

Cheers