Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 4513 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
Shoe laces another player that often complained about his wrist hurting and hands hurting. I'm pretty sure that's why he doesn't play anymore

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 05:45:12 PM »
Shoelace was Canz wasn't it?

in other news:

#SPOTTED
https://twitter.com/falkentyne

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 05:52:36 PM »
yah ~shoelace aka canzfu
Your positive work hasn't gone unnoticed. However, someone in charge should not be able to act the way you have repeatedly now. Such an attitude and temper is far too large to have any kind of power on this server involving communication. It works against a growing, changing community.
Mousey much like blid has always been the voice of reason in this community. She wasn't trying to be mean with her comment, it was a sarcastic/witty comment knowing her. Also be aware that it's tradition that no language or behavior is policed on ru. So i find blid's warnings for such things interesting. Just because everyone is flipping out with political correctness, and literally crying on television over the word NIGGER doesn't mean we need to here. We're all big boys, and if someone says something you don't like, you can log off or turn off your computer. And a growing, changing community? have you seen this place?
The forums are different than the game imv because the words are up there forever for anyone who happens by.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 06:07:30 PM »
Your positive work hasn't gone unnoticed. However, someone in charge should not be able to act the way you have repeatedly now. Such an attitude and temper is far too large to have any kind of power on this server involving communication. It works against a growing, changing community.

My point is that it's always been technical/tangential stuff, I don't do much admining on the server itself side from tech support so I don't know why you think not policing people's language/behavior is a personal failing on my part, or why you think I have the last word on it and am somehow forcing other admins to "fall into line" or something. I'm definitely not an advocate of using overly formal language or PCness though, but even so I don't think anything I've said to you has been particularly heinous. "cut the shit", maybe? I consider that down to earth, not crass. :)

indeed, Falkentyne was forced into retirement due to his Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (now known as "Falkenitis")

omg so sad. Seems like a lotta war2 player have wrist issues.
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
I'm definitely not an advocate of using overly formal language or PCness though,
if anyone looks at it with perspective then neither am i, i mean asking people not to literally say "nigger" is like the very very least "pc" moderation possible

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »
you dont do the same for other racist terms, so its a bias. Pure, american ,guilt-tripping bias. Therefore i am not taking your retarded request into consideration - whatever your beliefs are, theyre wrong

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 06:21:54 PM »
i mean asking people not to literally say "nigger" is like the very very least "pc" moderation possible
what about "sand baboons"? because i got a warning for that too, my dear. so the retarded guilt-tripping victim role youre trying to take is not even coherent

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 07:45:06 PM »
i mean asking people not to literally say "nigger" is like the very very least "pc" moderation possible
what about "sand baboons"? because i got a warning for that too, my dear. so the retarded guilt-tripping victim role youre trying to take is not even coherent
yes that also does not clear the worlds lowest bar.  it's extremely racist in like the most obvious way
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:00:59 PM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
Nedro just mad that StarTale didn't get punished for banning him from a game or killing his peon or w/e... Look, I run the websites, I help help people set up streams and forward ports, I moderate on the forum, I help when I can because I like war2 and very few other people are willing to, idk why you have the idea that I'm somehow the sole arbiter of server morality.

rofl, what a savage i am

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 05:23:44 PM »
Shoelace was Canz wasn't it?

in other news:

#SPOTTED
https://twitter.com/falkentyne

yeah shoelace = canz

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 11:48:58 PM »
I've been doing a lot of thinking on this matter. I'm starting to come around. Lately, I wake up and I can feel it.

In all my years, I've had very few real life friends. Not any I can split a large pizza and sit down with. I'm pretty sure most of you have friends like that. All of you are good friends of mine. Do you consider me to be the same? Maybe we can just forget this ever happened.

I really wonder about the pizza situation sometimes. I always thought my manners were decent.

Back to forgetting this ever happened. Kapeesh? Alright I'm AV'd up now. Stay cool, ok?

-~'Nedro@friend  :fro:

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »
indeed, Falkentyne was forced into retirement due to his Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (now known as "Falkenitis")

How could I have forgotten about this term... Thanks for the reminder! Now I have a name to go with my condition!
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.