Author Topic: War2 Save editing tool (WIP)  (Read 4595 times)

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
War2 Save editing tool (WIP)
« on: December 07, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »
Hi, just want to comment you i was able to find some interesting values in save games for Bnet version, and im creating a tool to allow change those values.

-Player and opponent resources.
-Map objective.
-Unit special data like bitmap, icon and other.

My idea is to allow customize maps in different way than using map editors..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:10:13 PM by salvadorc17 »

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2 Save editing tool (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »
Here is some example of what i have been doing, changing units values like sprite, icon and max energy, can convert the unit into something else, useful for create new like hero units.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »
nice man!have you done online of the built in?i thought the dark portal would be a cool way of making a hero's of the storm type map.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:47:50 PM by easycompany »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »
nice man!have you done online of the built in?i thought the dark portal would be a cool way of making a hero's of the storm type map.
He is switching around the difference of each campaign which would give him the values. But he needs to find a trigger if one exists in between single player/multiplayer to make scenarios work online same as my project but my effected the whole exe not just the .sav file.

Well since he has fog feature might as well mention now you can have that with a standard pud ;)

Cool tool man! Good luck!

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:40:43 PM »

Yes, as tupac say to make this work for online will need to change the exe, the game is not made for custom objectives values in multiplayer maps, the saves for multiplayer could allow custom units, but no other options from singleplayer maps..

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »
Playing with the saves found that unused units still does have some weird graphics, for example unit type 22 is like some submarine. Maybe we can use those spots for new units.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:36:11 PM »
Playing with the saves found that unused units still does have some weird graphics, for example unit type 22 is like some submarine. Maybe we can use those spots for new units.

Dude you just hit the jack pot! That's the cleric .grp!!!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 07:25:22 PM »
omg lol,lets see what you can do...over here its been like  >:( ....nothing to exciting  :'(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:12:44 PM by easycompany »

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »
omg lol,lets see what you can do...over here its been like  >:( ....nothing to exciting  :'(

What do you mean, what im missing or doing wrong way?? Please be more specific..

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

Dude you just hit the jack pot! That's the cleric .grp!!!

There is also necrolyte :]
I think we should add also horse speed like in w1, at t3 if knight will be faster (+1) (+2)  than ogre would be nice :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:15:22 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 09:20:29 PM »
Quote from: easycompany on December 29, 2016, 07:25:22 PM

What do you mean, what im missing or doing wrong way?? Please be more specific..

its fun to see new stuff to me  ;D, what im tinkering with is  ??? it may be to much for me to find what i want and yeah...speed is one!

like with that grp...u have a new unit! interesting the ship size on him.. can u make him also like a foot man? 1 square size.

or is he 1 square with a big green selection box?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:24:56 PM by easycompany »

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »
The good news are that using campaign saves in possible in multiplayer but with some tweaking, and the main objective wll always be changed to "Defeat all enemies".

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
how u want make another mission objective in multi?? bulid 4 farms who will do first will win? I think multiplayer will be allways kill all enemies
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience