Author Topic: [solved] War2OBS crashes WAR2  (Read 4639 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
[solved] War2OBS crashes WAR2
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:57 AM »
Was it ever figured out what does this? Can you avoid it somehow?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:03:46 PM by mousEtopher »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2OBS crashes WAR2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:29:52 AM »
I've had this problem on all my laptops. Jesk once told me to try going to task manager and changing the priority or affinity or something like that for war2obs i don't quite remember, but it still kept crashing for me despite changing it.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:31:34 AM »
Never had a single crash with war2observe. How often does it happen for you? Maybe it's related to drivers or something like that problem where war2 freezes when you alt+tab
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
I've had this problem on all my laptops. Jesk once told me to try going to task manager and changing the priority or affinity or something like that for war2obs i don't quite remember, but it still kept crashing for me despite changing it.
I think you meant war2insight? I remember fixing war2insight that way. Or perhaps its related to one another

Burton i like your stream btw, watched like 10 of your replays yesterday. Youre pretty cute also

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
You have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager and set the processor affinity to the same CPU for the War2Observe and War2 processes.

Might sound a bit tricky but it's quite simple, takes like two clicks

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
Hmmm could a cpu savior have similar problem?

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 08:40:49 PM »
I think you meant war2insight? I remember fixing war2insight that way. Or perhaps its related to one another

I never had problems with insight. and I never recorded replays with it so I had no reason to leave it open. i'd always warvid instead

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 08:33:34 AM »
You have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager and set the processor affinity to the same CPU for the War2Observe and War2 processes.
Yes, war2observe will crash warcraft II bne.exe with wrong affinity, same as war2insight.
You should set both war2observe and warcraft ii bne processes to cpu core 0 and remove other cpus' checkboxes.
Also make sure war2insight is also set to the same cpu core 0.

No, all the other tools work fine with any affinity.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »

No, all the other tools work fine with any affinity.

Damn it! I thought that this might solve me the problem on linux but no...

In general 3 utilities I have not managed to work over linux:
war2insight, warvid and cpusavior.

I usually get a dialog box saying: Run first Warcraft II BNE before clicking this button.
Or if I somehow manage to pass that I get both war2insight, warvid to be completely black screens.

Funny enough I can play replays with warvid over linux :-) (obviously war2 is not working at the sometime) At least this allows me to do commentaries.

Anyhow, I have not given up and every now and then I solve yet another problem for war2 over linux.

@iL: will it be possible at some point we make a new installer? I would like to include some stuff that would make life easier.

A new ddraw.dll (http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2165.msg46357.html#msg46357) and a linux readme guide.
I would say I have collected enough stuff for us to be able to claim that war2 can be played smoothly under linux.

Cheers

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
Ok thanks for the help guys, I set it all up. If anymore problems I will let you know.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:32 AM »
@iL: will it be possible at some point we make a new installer? I would like to include some stuff that would make life easier.
Sure, i plan to release a new version soon, to include proper ddraws for each windows, maybe for wine also.
Yes, i saw your new posts in that thread...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »
Sure, i plan to release a new version soon, to include proper ddraws for each windows, maybe for wine also.
Yes, i saw your new posts in that thread...

Great!!! I will see what I can automate so that the installer can prepare for linux users.
Worst case scenario we add the ddraw.dll for wine and the guide.

I would also suggest we add the open ports guide as a pdf in the installer.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: [solved] War2OBS crashes WAR2
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »
Looking forward to the new release as well!

I think we should get together a lot of the popular custom maps from the past in it as well so people don't have to search so hard to find them.  Maybe get a topic going and get them collected before the new release.

Maybe even include utilities such as war2insight, warvideo, war2obs, cpusavior to be in the war2combat folder as well.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:49:23 PM by XuRnT »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
I think we should get together a lot of the popular custom maps from the past in it as well so people don't have to search so hard to find them.  Maybe get a topic going and get them collected before the new release.

Maybe even include utilities such as war2insight, warvideo, war2obs, cpusavior to be in the war2combat folder as well.
Yes, i have such plans for new versions. internet becomes fast, no more reasons to save every kilobyte and cut maps, textures, utilities...

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »
I think you could offer 2 d/ls
Full and light!
And 99% everybody will d/l the full and just choose different options.
I do not think that we can even reach more than 200MB by adding everything together. (All utils, Map Editor, War2 with all sounds/videos/campaigns and all maps etc.)