Author Topic: A Real Gamer.  (Read 347369 times)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: A Real Gamer.
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
ya good episode..i have a r.o.b

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 20, 2016, 10:40:55 PM »
An update on my no sphere grid challenge, since getting the airship, i've captured all monsters in monster arena except for Inside Sin (Omega Ruins was a bitch), and I can finish the main story at any point if i like, but I am aiming to defeat the optional Superbosses like the Dark Aeons and Original Creations in Monster Arena. Which Require me to build up an Aeon, my Aeon of choice was Shiva, as she can heal herself with an Ice Spell while Doublecasting, otherwise i'd have chosen Anima for the Oblivion Overdrive.

As all aeons would gain stats based on Yunas stats, the first screenshot shows that I haven't touched her Sphere Grid as Aeons like Valefor are still on their low stats, and only shiva is boosted up using the Aeons Soul. Which the 2nd Screenshot shows just how ridiculous the grinding is to boost her magic stat by +1!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 22, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 22, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »
An update on my no sphere grid challenge, since getting the airship, i've captured all monsters in monster arena except for Inside Sin (Omega Ruins was a bitch), and I can finish the main story at any point if i like, but I am aiming to defeat the optional Superbosses like the Dark Aeons and Original Creations in Monster Arena. Which Require me to build up an Aeon, my Aeon of choice was Shiva, as she can heal herself with an Ice Spell while Doublecasting, otherwise i'd have chosen Anima for the Oblivion Overdrive.

As all aeons would gain stats based on Yunas stats, the first screenshot shows that I haven't touched her Sphere Grid as Aeons like Valefor are still on their low stats, and only shiva is boosted up using the Aeons Soul. Which the 2nd Screenshot shows just how ridiculous the grinding is to boost her magic stat by +1!

How many hours do you have on this save now?
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 22, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 22, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »

101 Hours as of now, and i defeated Dark Valefor so far with no sphere grid :P

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 23, 2016, 08:03:38 AM »

101 Hours as of now, and i defeated Dark Valefor so far with no sphere grid :P

Your psycho gamer spirit is strong.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 23, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »
Haha. It's at 107 hours now, I just attempted to fight Dark Ixion a couple times, he has 1.2 Million Hp, and you only get 1 turn per aeon since  in the 1st fight his thunderja will delay your turn, so the fight has to mostly done with your characters. The battle is very luck based as you need him to not target rikku all the time. He gets 4 turns for every Party member (unless they die, in which it starts at 4 turns again), and 3 turns for rikku, and when its her turn you need to mix  some items to make the Trio of 9999 overdrive, which wears off if the characters die. The ideal party is Tidus, Wakka and Rikku since they can do 9,9, and 12 hits with their overdrives. 

Auto-Haste + Auto Phoenix Armour is the most important armour for this fight, you only get 99 phoenix downs and with the amount of delay for Rikkus turns to mix trio of 9999, you need to be lucky and not have her targeted for most of the fight. What also makes Dark Ixion a bitch is the fact he Counter-Attacks whoever hits him.  The second fight is much easier since he doesn't use Thunderja or Counter-Attack, and he can miss his normal attack if you have a weapon with Evade & Counter on it, which lets the Trio of 9999 Overdrive last longer and lets Wakka, Rikku and Tidus get all there overdrives in.

i'll reattempt in in a few more days

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 25, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 25, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
looll!!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 25, 2016, 11:27:46 PM »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 31, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »
reattempt in in a few more days

I managed to kill Dark Ixion on no sphere grid, had a super lucky attempt after around 15 attempts. The 2nd Dark ixion fight was extremely easy. All you have to do is watch out for his overdrives which KO's the party, which he doesn't use in the first fight. I would block the overdrive with Yuna summoning shiva, and if yuna couldn't get a turn when Dark Ixion had its overdrive full, then I would mix a Hyper Mighty Guard with rikku to put auto life on all 3 party members.

I also managed to beat Dark Ifrit, he has 1.4 million HP, he was pretty tricky to beat, his default attack is Meteor Strike and when dark ifrit uses it, it delays your turns if you survive it, he also counter attacks anything you do to him with a normal attack, the trick here was to summon an aeon, cast haste on it, cast shell, dismiss it so ifrit doesn't get a turn to attack aeon and delay its turn to death, then summon it again when ifrit nearly has his overdrive full, cast regen and use shield with aeon to minimise the damage of his meteor strikes and then survive his overdrive, and because he used the overdrives, my turn isn't delayed and i get around 3-4 turns in to attack with the aeon, 1 turn requiring you to heal back up, I would double cast ultima to deal the damage. and again, dismiss before ifrit gets a proper turn.

Quite a bit of luck is needed in Dark Ifrit fight just because you don't want him to constantly kill rikku or yuna when his nearly got his overdrive. For that reason you don't want to have both them in the party together when Dark Ifrit is around half way to his overdrive. You want someone like tidus or wakka to swap to the character when they get a turn if you can't summon with yuna, you mix a Hyper Mighty Guard with rikku to survive the Hellfire Overdrive. And while his overdrive is empty, mix a trio of 9999 with rikku on Wakka + Tidus any chance you get.

I also trained my anima to 255 strength with the aeons soul so I could deal around 380,000 damage with its overdrive to dark ifrit. Quite a bit of grinding, but it makes fighting some monster arena bosses alot quicker.

Defeating Dark Anima will be extremely hard as it has 8 million health, and its overdrive deals around 40k damage + take all your mana away, and his pain ability kills you even with deathproof, so it 1 shots any aeon. Which means you gotta rely on the Magus sisters to fight him, since Cindy can revive the others and use auto life, a very luck based battle, this will be the very last dark aeon i deal with

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 01, 2016, 06:41:58 AM »
That is what I would call unhygenic and stupid.
Internet cafes are the things that needs to die down, noticed how there is no such culture in most developed countries?

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 01, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 05, 2016, 09:56:33 PM »