Author Topic: Anybody have NWTR+watchers map?  (Read 10257 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody have NWTR+watchers map?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 06:39:15 AM »
    Ahh. Forgot about that, yes i used a chop map as a 64x64 template

is that even legal? Why do we even pay you if youre just copying stuff from someone elses work?
LOL.... pay.... funny stuff

God save us all from trolling Polacks
xD

racist word. dumb nagger!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 10:19:23 AM »

"Yes, my map editor does copy/paste terrain.

I wrote it about 15 years ago so its not the most perfect app ive ever developed, but i've added bits and pieces to it over the years as i needed them so it does some useful stuff."

:o pudpaste!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:46 AM »
Yeah, can you share that map editor?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »
As i understand, if "one peon only" is active, peons will be located in start locations, that will mean in the center of the map (Where X and O located), not in the corner...

ok. Ive never really noticed. I always just assumed that was just the start position for the screen, but it makes sense. easy fix.

(download)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »
Yeah, can you share that map editor?

sure np.

Like i say, Its a bit rough around the edges but does some useful stuff.

Will thumbnail all your maps. The clipboard is good. Mirroring is good for making symmatrical maps. cut/paste is handy - its a bit kluncky but it works MOST OF THE TIME - crashes occasionally. Its a really old app and it needs re-writing but I just dont care hard enough...

and it's got this uber kewl splash screen xD..

DOWNLOAD

oh and I added the unbreakable wall thing recently too.
Will also swap player units... like of u want to put teal where oj is or something, just swaps them all.
"Set all mines to max" if you're making a custom saves you selecting every mine and doing it by hand etc...

if you want to copy/paste to a different map: copy then file->load next map then paste (doesn't use system clipboard).

have a play round with it. you'll work it out.

the thumbnail thing just creates a small .bmp file for each .pud then u can just view like this in windows:

( just select "thumbnails" from the menu then point the dialog at your "maps" folder)

--> oh and let me know if it just crashes instantly, some of my older stuff had issues with DEP (data execution protection) because of the way i used to embed chunks of ML, don't remember the PUD editor having any of that, but if it does i'll have a look and weed it out <<<<

*Added undo/redo function on request, also drag and drop support UPDATED V1.2.1 HERE

Description:
Spoiler
I was bored this afternoon so I added an undo/redo function to the edit menu. I also enabled drag & drop so you can just drop a pud file on there and it will open - been meaning to do that since forever.

There are no CTRL-Z etc. hotkeys, but you can do ALT-E, U  or  ALT-E, R if you want.

If you select a heap of PUD files and drop them on the editor it will open them one after the other, but then you can go back with UNDO.

Just remember that it will still save to the filename of the last file opened, by default (the name on the status bar at the bottom)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:01:48 AM by Lambchops »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »
holy shit your grim! lol i already got this  :P sure didnt know it could copy/paste :o just tested nice man!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:05:56 PM by easycompany »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 05:46:23 PM »
my virus checker killed it. any ideas?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »
woww, nice! You're so cool lamby
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 12:20:25 AM »
my virus checker killed it. any ideas?
get a better virus checker?

lol, idk.. often AV software will have an issue with any exe that is downloaded if it can't work out what it is. As I compiled that from source yeaterday i know there's nothing nasty there.

IMO the best AV test is a decent firewall.

These days there really aren't any actual viruses left. There's all manner of trojans and malware and other nasties, they are all there to do 1 or both of 2 things: (a) steal information &/or (b) control your system remotely.

For any of these things to be useful the one thing they all have to do is access your network. Usually the thing that causes the infection is just simple trojan that then downloads and installs whatever the asshole who wrote it really wants on your system. Certainly if it's a small .exe like the one I posted, there isn't really room for a .pud editor and a full rootkit or the like.

The exe is 321Kb - just the splash screen is a 141Kb bitmap if its kept as 8-Bit. If you just save it as a normal 24-bit windows bitmap, it ends up being 421Kb, or substantially bigger than the entire editor .exe

Simple trojan downloaders can be quite small, but if you firewall such small executables, you will find that anything nasty will always try to access the network, or they will unpack another little embedded exe that will, and you will suddenly get some random program, usually in a temp directory, that is trying to connect to somewhere.

The ONLY thing the editor "writes" to is .PUD files that you tell it to, or .BMP files that you ask it to create. It doesn't access your network, system registry or ANYTHING else at all.

*the load/save/browse dialogs do check/update the registry with regards to the last accessed folder but this is just normal windows behavior
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:25:21 AM by Lambchops »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »
holy shit your grim!

Guilty as charged

lol i already got this  :P sure didnt know it could copy/paste :o just tested nice man!
probably the version you have couldn't, it wasnt an original feature.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:27:25 AM by Lambchops »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 01:05:52 AM »
woww, nice! You're so cool lamby

awww ... you are
<3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 01:10:54 AM »
racist word. dumb nagger!

LAWL. you crack me up xD

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 06:02:43 AM »

I wrote it about 15 years ago so its not the most perfect app ive ever developed, but i've added bits and pieces to it over the years as i needed them so it does some useful stuff."

Great job!
What do you think about to make it open-source or to share the source code to several people to let them continue your development? Would be a great part for community!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 08:01:59 PM »
I think yah`mon has the original nwtr watcher map. Nwtr was cordoned off with rock u couldn't really see. And the watchers had demons n weird portals to play with that could never traverse the rock region. Burnt should get it from him since he's good at stalking war2 players =)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 09:05:45 PM »

Great job!
What do you think about to make it open-source or to share the source code to several people to let them continue your development? Would be a great part for community!

I dont mind, but it's written in a fairly obscure and now pretty much dead language called Euphoria that i used sometimes back then. Its unlikely anyone will be able to continue with it, unless they want to learn the language just for that.

It would probably be easier to start a new editor from scratch, the .PUD format is quite simple.

Actually, I think doing a pud editor ASM would be cool.

If people are interested in this as a group project, I could co-ordinate it.

Would be nice to have a pud editor that people could add modules to if they come up with a new trick.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:42:42 PM by Lambchops »