Author Topic: PLZ fix the hosting issue.... :/  (Read 14664 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: PLZ fix the hosting issue.... :/
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »
This vpn offers port forwarding.
https://ra4wvpn.com
2$ a month or lifetime 22$

wow, so it's a one-time payment $22.5 for lifetime use? And multiple people can use it? We could get that and offer it to players w/ hosting issues for free, if there were some way to let them access it without the main account credentials, but I'm guessing there probably isn't? too bad
squeak!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »
This vpn offers port forwarding.
https://ra4wvpn.com
2$ a month or lifetime 22$

wow, so it's a one-time payment $22.5 for lifetime use? And multiple people can use it? We could get that and offer it to players w/ hosting issues for free, if there were some way to let them access it without the main account credentials, but I'm guessing there probably isn't? too bad
Well I have the VPN setup that I host myself. We could just give each user a account or share. But it won't work on ru because ru does not respond to some packets. This is 2 good things to come from this. Let's say ru was in a LAN like I want it to be you use VPN to connect to ru. If you don't have the vpn you can't join ru. Now you have fixed hosting and added a hareware ban equivalent.

The VPN I post earlier is good for one member... I would use this for a way to host "if you can't change ISP" or "access router". This would be your only way.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
But it won't work on ru because ru does not respond to some packets.
Actually it will.
If rejects ICMP unreachable packets only, that is the problem for improper routing configuration (asymmetric or w/e). Connecting via VPN should work fine if you set you VPN as a default router.
Also, i can remove or reconfig that rejecting rules on the server to make ICMP redirects work.

The VPN I post earlier is good for one member... I would use this for a way to host "if you can't change ISP" or "access router". This would be your only way.
Yes. Or we should buy several of such vpns (5-10) and give them to people who can't host. But when they leave, we should remove that VPNs from them to give to others some way. I still have no idea how to do that...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2016, 03:21:41 PM »
How is anything easier than making a firewall hole?  If what lambchops said is correct, then firewall hole punching (aka UDP hole punching) is obviously the easiest (and cheapest long term) method to fix this issue.

its a small thing, and would have been very easy for blizz to do when they were developing it all, but to reverse engineer it requires mods to both the client and server and would require a lot of hours and co-ordination. Indeed hole-ponching is how the whole thing works already, or you wouldnt even be able to join games without your game port forwarded....

... but really the quickest and easiest way to it is to just open your router config page and forward your game port to your gaming puter's local ip address. It's really not that hard. Apart from people who are forced to play on a network where they dont have admin access I really can't see what the problem is.

and if that's the situation then just get ur shit together and hack the local admin account ffs ;)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:07 PM »
i dont claim to be a tech wiz .. but i dont see how it would be very difficult. iL has been adding different codes to the server/client for years now. (black2pink, warlat, anti-hack) messiah modified the client for his grid hack.

based on what i saw (and posted) the script doesn't look extremely complicated.. but i do believe it's something iL is not familiar with and will most likely not seek assistance with.

im also not understanding why both server AND client will need to be modified .. to me, it would seem like the script just has to tell the server "Ask player A to send a UDP packet to player B over port 6112 and visa versa) or something along those lines... And the server should already have permission from player A and B to make that request. We gave the server permission when we installed the client, no?

as for port forwarding .. yes it is "easy" if:

1) you have login/password to your router
2) you have a dynamic IP address
3) your ISP will allow the ports to be forwarded

^--- those 3 things are less common than one might think... i've spent countless hours walking users through the port-forwarding process, with a relatively low success rate.... but i've also had countless users who initially agreed to my assistance back track as soon as they heard intimidating words they did not understand or felt uneasy about (maybe they thought i was putting their PC at risk) like "CMD" .. "ipconfig"   .. "IPv4 address" .. "TCP/UDP"  "port 6112-6119"

ultimately it's something that users should not have to worry about.. users come here to play a game, only to find out they have to jump through hoops to do it... and then move on to a game where they don't have to jump through hoops to play.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2016, 05:28:59 AM »
well.

so much text so i havent read all the msgs :D:D

what comes to my own situation. im moving to new apartment next month or so and i have free 10mb dsl there. so i think i can host there np. so for now i wont do anything or pay anything for hosting.

however i think this is one of the major problems in .ru. ppl lose quickly their interest when the normal gaming functions arent working. im also fyucking irritated of watchers ruining my 1v1z all the time and i cant do a shit cuz im never the host. ppl r too kind and let everybody watch and kick them after few fuk ups. i have the skillz to know the fool arounds before so i kick them before they do it, or i would kick if i was a host :D

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »
im also not understanding why both server AND client will need to be modified .. to me, it would seem like the script just has to tell the server "Ask player A to send a UDP packet to player B over port 6112 and visa versa) or something along those lines... And the server should already have permission from player A and B to make that request. We gave the server permission when we installed the client, no?

OK its like this:

- In order for a player to join a game, they must be able to send data to the host.

- To punch a hole, the host must first send data to the client.

- To do this the host client must already know that the player is trying to join and what their IP address is.

- Until the hole is punched, the player cannot notify the host that they are trying to join or what their address is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that the server game list is a one sided mechanism -->  It gives the joining player the hosts details, but it does not give the host the joining player's details.

This is why the required mods are:

1) Modding the server to notify the host of a joining player's address

2) Modding the client to respond to this notification by sending data to the joining player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could *theoretically* be done using only client mods by having the joining client send the host their details via the server using the "/m" messaging. i.e. by automatically sending a specially formatted message, and having the host client monitor incoming messages and respond to these specially formatted ones by attempting to directly contact the joining player.

But all of this comes back to the fact that things that are quite straightforward when you are writing a program, become very complicated and time-consuming when you are trying to reverse engineer them into and existing one without any source code...

as for port forwarding .. yes it is "easy" if:

1) you have login/password to your router
2) you have a dynamic IP address
3) your ISP will allow the ports to be forwarded

1) Yes, this is a must have.

2) are we talking about a dynamic internal or external address?

A dynamic or static external address - i.e. anything to do with your ISP - is not relevent in any way.

Having a static local address - i.e. the address that your router specifically assigns to your computer - is necessary only to support the port forwarding rule you want to set up.

As this rule is "send port 6112 to THIS address", then if your address changes the rule is no longer valid, as it still forwarding the port to you previous address.

... but if you have access to the router to forward the port this is not a problem, it's a minor detail - really just part of setting up the rule.

3) In any normal setup your ISP can not stop ports from being forwarded, it is nothing to do with them. It is only about what your router does with packets once your ISP has already sent them to you.

No ISP that I am aware of tracks individual client port firewalling in such a way, this would exponentially complicate their own job, harware requirements and expenses for no benefit to them. Maybe if you are trying to play from the pentagon this might be an issue ... lol IDK.

ISPs may entirely block certian ports or traffic, which would stop you from playing at all, but if it's just a hosting issue, then its between you and the router you're connected too.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can help further. :)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline RH~InO

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »
You can use any kind of VPN to host games if your ISP closed ports
THAT DOESNT WORK! IL PLEASE FIX THAT! I HAVE VPN BUT I CANT JOIN THE SERVER! I CAN JOIN BACKUP SERVER AND MOUSE SERVER ONLY!!! AFTER ENTERING THE PASSWORD I DROP TO MAIN SCREEN.

Offline RH~InO

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 02:13:56 AM »
Actually it will.
If rejects ICMP unreachable packets only, that is the problem for improper routing configuration (asymmetric or w/e). Connecting via VPN should work fine if you set you VPN as a default router.
Also, i can remove or reconfig that rejecting rules on the server to make ICMP redirects work.
That is not the problem at all !!! I fixed it! I did it!!!    I shouldn't blame IL. The issue was that the main server has a lot of ppl and information compared to mouse and backup server. Therefore the packets is large and they drop. Fixing MTU of vpn connection to 1500 solved the problem.