Author Topic: A collaborative PUD editor.  (Read 29104 times)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: A collaborative PUD editor.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
@il

If you don't use my codes and ideas in your antihack feel free to release them too the public. I think lambchops is like tupac, il, lance combined! This guy is a genius!!! He can make us all experienced! We have a very powerful member here and idk why he wasn't around the last few years when I was working hard and had lots of time.

@lambchops

Yea man I was talking too my boss at work and he said if you are willing to teach ASM I should follow you! Also most of the good mods and hacks where made in ASM for starcraft. I think its a hard language but once I learn it it will be a great learning experience!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »
It would be nice if u add mission objective also
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 04:02:25 AM »
Hi peeps,

Thanks for all the positive comments. As some of you may be aware, my delightful ex has been dragging me through the courts for some time now. As a result there are now federal court orders to have me evicted from my own home in a few days time. I am fighting them, but I don't like my chances, the legal system here is SO corrupt its unbelievable. I don't even know where I am going to go. Anyway I may drop off the map for a while, but I will be back - eventually. Would be nice to find someone had written another module or 2 for the PUD editor when I get settled ;)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 08:11:16 AM »
Hi peeps,

Thanks for all the positive comments. As some of you may be aware, my delightful ex has been dragging me through the courts for some time now. As a result there are now federal court orders to have me evicted from my own home in a few days time. I am fighting them, but I don't like my chances, the legal system here is SO corrupt its unbelievable. I don't even know where I am going to go. Anyway I may drop off the map for a while, but I will be back - eventually. Would be nice to find someone had written another module or 2 for the PUD editor when I get settled ;)

Ive been through all of that and I'm still recovering! I hope you can get settled somewhere soon. If you want to add me of facebook pm me.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
Yea man I was talking too my boss at work and he said if you are willing to teach ASM I should follow you!

Look at the PUD editor. Look at the template file, copy it as per the instructions then experiment with your own module. Don't worry if you only half understand what you're doing to start off with - once you start using it, you will start understanding it. That's the whole reason I made this.

I think its a hard language but once I learn it it will be a great learning experience!

hehe. Like I keep saying, it's a DEAD EASY language. It has less syntax than any other language (that I can think of). It's just a differen't way of thinking.

Once you start thinking about a program in terms of what your CPU is doing instead of as a bunch of "friendly" words in a text file, everything becomes much simpler.

I mostly find that the complicated parts of anything I am writing are where it has to interface with the OS or other 3rd party software. Windows, particularly can be a nightmare to deal with, but honestly when I started seriously using ASM to interface with the OS was when the layers of gunk got scraped away and suddenly I found Windows much easier to understand too.

Most people who use a bit of ASM do it as in-line code in C++ apps, i.e for the critical bits that really need the power of hand coded instrutions. This makes sense from one angle, because you can get the power where you need it, then use the more comfortable medium of the C++ syntax for everything else.

But I think that often C is more comfortable simply because people learn it first. A good C programmer really already understands things 90% from a CPU perspective anyway... use of pointers, bitwise operations etc. You need to understand and learn those concepts not because they are C concepts, but because they are CPU concepts, and C is a thin veil between the programmer and the device they are programming. But it is still a veil. Even most very skilled C programmers still just hit the "compile" button and a magic "exe" file pops out the other side, which they have little understanding of.

But, in fact most of these programmers have a much better understanding of the actual program than they realise, they're just being robbed of the opportunity to see how their code works because they allow themselves to be distracted into letting the compiling process to remain a "black box".

HERE is the specification for PE/COFF. It's freely available to download from M$ at any time, but like most of the real information, even finding this link is obfuscated behind 20 layers of obscurely worded claptrap.

Hit download and the last file in the list is called "pecoff.docx". The current version - "revision 10" is 69 pages (over 25,000 words) describing virtually EVERYTHING about EXEs, DLLs, OBJs, OCXs etc. But its all carefully worded to provide all the information if you already know what you're looking for but absolutely no information on how to use or understand it.

My first introduction to this subject was from an paper called "Peering inside the PE" written by Matt Pietrek in 1994 and published in MSJ. This was not too long after the format was started, like Windows 3.1 days. With little more than the original header field names the guy pretty well reverse engineered (and published!) a big chunk of how the guts of windows works, and this was before Windows95 was even released.

So what happened? Well of course, Bill Gates hired him. You'll note his website mentions joining the M$ VS team in 2004, however clearly his affilliation with Bill started earlier than that as in 2002 (by which time MSJ was well on the way to being swallowed by MSDN) he published an MSJ article called "An In-Depth Look into the Win32 Portable Executable File Format". Part one of this article was called "Peering inside the PE", the same name as his original 1994 paper.

Within a year of this happening it was impossible to find the original paper as all the search engines now returned links to the 2002 article. The 2002 MSJ article was a sanitised version of the original - it was about twice the size but with all the really juicy tidbits of information removed. I assumed at the time (and still do) that he had taken a deal, part of which meant he had to stop giving away all of Bill's secrets - fair enough too, to be set for life and provide the best for your family, who wouldn't?

Despite Matt no longer being quite as candid about the really tasty stuff, I can still highly reccomend reading anything he has written (the guy is a freakin' GOD), also I have just discovered, to my joy :) that the 1994 paper was "Copyright © 1994 by Miller Freeman, Inc." who used to own MSJ, and they must have recently realised what they had and have re-published it. I will attach a copy of it to this post.

The 2002 MSJ article is still linked from Matt's Wikipedia page, but coincidentally if you follow the link you will now find that they only offer back issues back to 2003 - so now you can't get that one xD Funny stuff....

... and yes Matt Pietrek is a-dyed-in-the-wool C programmer. There's nothing wrong with that, C is a great language. It was originally a thin layer of convenience over the top of ASM, but it has now expanded into a tumor of gargantuan proportions, with every generation of all that VisualStudio and .NET framework bloatware further obscuring the actual mechanisms that are running on YOUR computer.

Like I keep saying. Learn some ASM, then go back to C++ or whatever, and suddenly you will start realising why the fundementals of C are constructed the way they are .... enjoy the LIGHTBULB moments. YW :)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »
Ive been through all of that and I'm still recovering! I hope you can get settled somewhere soon. If you want to add me of facebook pm me.
Thanks mate. I appreciate it. Ill PM you my email (which is also linked to my FB account ) friend me there if you want although I hardly ever login to FB, so don't take offence if I dont accept for 6 months or so lol.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2017, 09:24:30 AM »
dam lamb wish you the best. :(

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
dam lamb wish you the best. :(
Thanks mate. I hope I don't end up a complete hobo with no PC access, but feel free to email me if I'm not around - I assume you can get my email from my forum profile, which is fine, or also mousey should have it.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
well dayum if ya turning hobo get ya a tent and camp out here ...we ll play mario kart get drunk and stuff :P

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 06:59:58 AM »
Hello all,

wow...

I went for holidays and you Lambchop did so much!
I will be busy this week with catching up with my work, but from next week I intent to review your code and get started ;-)

Good luck Lambchop with your accommodation.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 05:50:34 AM »
well dayum if ya turning hobo get ya a tent and camp out here ...we ll play mario kart get drunk and stuff :P

That sounds very inviting, but I'm thinking there's probably an airfare I can't afford anymore required.... Oh well, maybe next year - and if you're ever in AUS you can share my dumpster NP. I'll probably be doing Mario Shopping-Kart ;D

I will be busy this week with catching up with my work, but from next week I intent to review your code and get started ;-)

Too cool  8)  I tried to set it up so people could easily add their own bit without having to modify my stuff .... although feel free if you want - if its all good, its all good.

Good luck Lambchop with your accommodation.

Yeah, thanks... The little princess turned up with a couple of cops trying to make me leave last week. I have lodged an appeal and an application to stay the orders, although technically the orders still stand until the stay is granted - which they will probably refuse anyway.

The only reason I'm still here is because they are federal orders and the cops are state officers, so they can't enforce them. But she only needs to take the orders to the local magistrate's court and get an eviction notice, which she will probably have done in the next day or 2 if she hasn't already, so I'm basically just waiting for a knock on the door. Not a nice feeling  :(

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
 :( ahh man. gotta rv or just one u haul +battery converters or just dc!, low wattage led  lights,effecient laptop etc.. and a little spot of land somewhere, family?

u can teether a net connection from a phone. or just use a wifi enabling box for 2g,3g,4g etc.

this is the exact setup i want for war2 conventions lol.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:33:12 AM by easycompany »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
You just need to find a new women! You seem very smart so i guess you make enough money to get an apartment. How many kids  do you got?

Offline mestereaga_andrei

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »
Hello guys. I was searching for this for a long time :)

I think this is a good place where I can post the following:
I`m looking to make one warcraft 2 map in order to add a new mode like DOTA that is already in WC3. So, the wc2 can be easy set to work on tablet or phone, and my ideas is to have this mode to play togheter with my friends using the phones. How crazy sounds this to you?

Here: strong knowledge in C programming language (I`m working in automotive domain, but I think it can be used as well for this project).
good ASM language knowledge (to be honest I worked with AVR processores, but I think I can handle too the x86).
Also C# good knowledge

I have some knowledge in these Warcraft2 hacking tools, but after a long analysis, I think this is not enough to create this DOTA mode, and there should be write some code starting from zero, or to find another way to reuse the existing code.

So, adding this to your PUD project will be great :)
Let me know what do you think about this!

here is my contact mestereaga.andrei@gmail.com

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
I`m looking to make one warcraft 2 map in order to add a new mode like DOTA that is already in WC3. So, the wc2 can be easy set to work on tablet or phone, and my ideas is to have this mode to play togheter with my friends using the phones. How crazy sounds this to you?
Hi!
I'm not too experienced in programming to consider making such modification would be easy. I'd look to wargus for that. I had an idea about wargus on phone/tablet devices. Looks much more easier than war2 there. Unfortunately looks like wargus development team have no experience in mobile device programming.
Not sure about dota on war2, how many changes should be made in it's code to use.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.