Author Topic: A collaborative PUD editor.  (Read 29350 times)

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: A collaborative PUD editor.
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

I'm not too experienced in programming to consider making such modification would be easy. I'd look to wargus for that. I had an idea about wargus on phone/tablet devices. Looks much more easier than war2 there. Unfortunately looks like wargus development team have no experience in mobile device programming.
Not sure about dota on war2, how many changes should be made in it's code to use.

There is warcraft 2 for android version made from wargus, i have played it.
http://play.mob.org/game/warcraft_2_tides_of_darkness.html

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
i think wargus can do custom ai stuff(dont ask me how i dont know yet :P) but i played a map and your buildings auto created for you and you was a hero (very dota like) as time progreesed more advance units where made ..i forgot what this map is called if i find again ill post.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
There is warcraft 2 for android version made from wargus, i have played it.
http://play.mob.org/game/warcraft_2_tides_of_darkness.html

Yes, there were 2 or 3 old and abandoned builds for wargus/stratagus, but i'd be happy to see ios/android branches for current project.
Stratagus is still active and placed here: https://github.com/Wargus/stratagus. It became much more stable than years ago.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »
Hello guys. I was searching for this for a long time :)

I think this is a good place where I can post the following:
I`m looking to make one warcraft 2 map in order to add a new mode like DOTA that is already in WC3. So, the wc2 can be easy set to work on tablet or phone, and my ideas is to have this mode to play togheter with my friends using the phones. How crazy sounds this to you?

Here: strong knowledge in C programming language (I`m working in automotive domain, but I think it can be used as well for this project).
good ASM language knowledge (to be honest I worked with AVR processores, but I think I can handle too the x86).
Also C# good knowledge

I have some knowledge in these Warcraft2 hacking tools, but after a long analysis, I think this is not enough to create this DOTA mode, and there should be write some code starting from zero, or to find another way to reuse the existing code.

So, adding this to your PUD project will be great :)
Let me know what do you think about this!

here is my contact mestereaga.andrei@gmail.com

posting again..nice man!u may would want to use wargus instead of blizzard,but i think help is like very hard to get...im own my own just reading thru the script files and c++ source.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:28:24 PM by easycompany »

Offline mestereaga_andrei

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
Hi guys again!

As I mentioned, I spent some time on this topic, and of course I know about this Wargus/stratagus. But to be honest, I`m a little bit sceptical to use it because I had some problems on my phone ( I use an unpopular model, Lenovo 7010). Too many crashes and at least it wasn`t working as well as I expected. At least I got good results using dos box emulator on my phone and original warcraft II game. No more crashes, and everything was working fine. So, I prefer to start from zero, and why not, if I have the posibility, maybe I can start to write this game directly to Java.

I started to write up one AI program. It is 60-70% working, it still need improvments. The next step is to change the war2.exe. First step is to create one building unit from where you can create differents playable units, like heros. This was a blocking point for me because I have some problems with war2hacker / war2draft program. It refuses to write commands on building units, building like barackas. The only thing that I can do is to change the icon of training units, but I need more than this.

@tupac: I think there I need your help. Please let me know when you have a free time slot for this topic.
Thanks for your quick answers :)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 09:48:42 PM »
why make when it already exist? dosbox has been ported to java also(maybe slow on a phone idk) :P,,ahh yeah trying to find the units..its possible cause i had gold mines producing foots.im not building a new one just bugging the old till it tells me what it is.

ahh yeah as il has stated,wargus has crashes...one answer maybe to get the new stratagus and rebuild it back into war2....

mmm if you could do bnet to java that would be cool!

well good luck in whatever yall do  :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:13:49 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 03:28:01 AM »
theres wargus ive really forgot how to connect it old pic

Offline mestereaga_andrei

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 04:06:03 AM »
ahh yeah trying to find the units..its possible cause i had gold mines producing foots.im not building a new one just bugging the old till it tells me what it is.

If you can tell me how you did this, will be great :)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »
well in the exe, when u get into  repeating values ie which building allow a certain upgrade (hopefully units)etc,

the "value holder" will be  repeated over and over,i have just found icons about like you...to bug it find what value is changing and put in some bull shit all 00's etc and it will hopefully crash on the changed,be some bizzare effect..etc

but this is not always the case and trying to find single values is a tuff job lol.
and its not a giving that units are in the exe....could be some other blizz file.

but the best way i found yet is like beer and sitting back looking at pictures and just pretend ;D

u may want cheat engine,so u can find values before hand! tupac is extreamly good at it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:11:22 AM by easycompany »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 12:44:59 PM »
As I mentioned, I spent some time on this topic, and of course I know about this Wargus/stratagus. But to be honest, I`m a little bit sceptical to use it because I had some problems on my phone ( I use an unpopular model, Lenovo 7010). Too many crashes and at least it wasn`t working as well as I expected.
Yes, that is related to my previous post: "there were 2 or 3 old and abandoned builds for wargus/stratagus, but i'd be happy to see ios/android branches for current project."
I mean, that 3-5 years old abandoned builds are full of bugs and crashes too many times.

I also tried last versions (in Aug-Sep 2016). That became much more stable and pleasant. (No even one crash for me, improved gameplay and game dynamic, much closer to original war2, i tried under windows though). That's why i want this current development version of wargus/stratagus on mobile/tablet devices. Try that yourself! Maybe you will find this new wargus pretty better than that old and ugly one and you can make branch/fork for ios/android?

War2 requires both left&right mouse buttons and some hotkeys, what is not playable on touch screen. And i'm sceptical to adapt war2 to mobiles without source codes.
I think stratagus adaptation for mobiles would be much easier.
I even think mobiles is almost the only way for wargus. (war2 works excellent with both Windows/Linux, so no reason to use wargus for that).
The same for dota: i don't think that would be easy to find and change everything you need in war2.exe binary code.
So, i think if you want some sufficient changes with war2, your way is stratagus.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
Yes, for all cases seems that using wargus could get better results, the only big problem there is that you will need to create your own server to allow people play multiplayer, forget about war2ru compatibility, is totally diferent protocol.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 04:56:02 AM »

Hi Andrei,

That's a nice idea, however I think to add the functionality you want it would mean modifying the WC2 executable, not just the .PUD (map) files. This project is just to make a map editor to edit PUD files, which won't actually add anything new to the game that can't already be achieved with existing .PUD editors - although it would be nice to have all the known possible features available in one editor, as against scattered throughout a heap of different apps.

The aim of the project is more to get people working together than an actual need for another PUD editor.

I have considered making this style of game available by having a bot host playing the "CPU" player....

I have had an idea rattling around in the back of my head for a while for something called "The Necromancer". It would involve a PUD set up so that the bot host had a heap of halls and temples, and would then make lots of peons, group them, kill them with d&d, then do raise dead and send mass waves of skeles at the players... and also maybe script some other stuff like maybe haste-d&d attacks or haste/unholyArmor/lusted skeles etc.

You could do this sort of stuff with a smart unit-aware bot. It could host the game, wait for players to join then try to smash them with skeles... the DOTA stuff could also be done with this approach... just another idea I'll impliment one day when I have time (hopefully before I turn 90 lol)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:23 AM »
 :blank: nice lamb!!! and just force the game to heros ..changing grps,stats boom done! and just  let the cpu/bot control 1 or 2 units.

or get 2 cpus around center where one attacks up the other down.
say barraks with 3,4 farms for each and high hp on thier buildings.

this could just be done on the pud side.

but yeah a bot would be even better!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:12:06 AM by easycompany »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »
Quote from: mestereaga_andrei on January 21, 2017, 12:59:55 PM

Quote from: Lambchops on Today at 04:56:02 AM"

Hi Andrei,

That's a nice idea, however I think to add the functionality you want it would mean modifying the WC2 executable, not just the .PUD (map) files. This project is just to make a map editor to edit PUD files,

.... and BTW, this project is actually a working PUD editor, it just has only one module written so far - which edits the desctription string (WOW! 1337 eh? XD lol).

I have written it in such a way that it should be pretty easy for others to add individual modules to edit different PUD sections (check out THIS POST for more info), so if you have some coding experience and want to contribute, please make a module to do any small job editing some part of a PUD file and post it :)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »
:blank: nice lamb!!! and just force the game to heros ..changing grps,stats boom done! and just  let the cpu/bot control 1 or 2 units.

Thx EC, i thought u'd like it :) I even made a PUD a while back. It's sort of half tower defence, half RPG.

The bot has a Lair of Evil (muhahahahahaha..) at the top which is mostly walled in by rocks, but the halls can pop peons out from behind them and the dks can cast on them and send.

So to start with the players would have to build while copping waves of skeles, and maybe the odd daemon (although theres no way to make more of them - but I figured I'd up their stats and make them bosses that attack when certian trigger points are reached). Also perhaps a lazy dragon every now and again, just to keep people honest, but not too much of that...

.... anyway, saps and alch/inventors cost oil, and theres only 2 oil wells in little ponds so you can make just enough saps to open the Lair of Evil and win, but the players would have to co-operate to do it, defending oil wells etc. It is also technically possible to win without using saps, although it's a long hard maze under fire to get there, and I'd like to have it balanced so this is the harder option to win.

I could actually make this happen just using the tools I currently have, the only missing element is the time to do it ..... and to do more modules for the PUD editor .... and build a Hi-Res front end for the client .... and ... um ... what was that other one? ... oh yeah - manage my federal court appeal so I don't lose my house, 75% of my superannuation and never see my kids again. BTW I am amazed that I am still here, I figure my ex must have had a holiday planned or something, but I'm pretty sure I'll be homeless some time this week...

Anyway, it's a cool idea. Maybe in a year or so when my great steaming turd-pile of a personal life settles down  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:48:43 AM by Lambchops »