Author Topic: 2 vs 12  (Read 1824 times)

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
2 vs 12
« on: December 21, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »
everytime i am 12 or 2 someone rushes me with grunts faster than myself

i repair my rax but some how they have about 6 when i have 3

sometimes they have 2 rax but when i do this i run out of resources and or farm space

also they never scout first they just know i am in the opposite position and grunt rush

wtf do u do??

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: 2 vs 12
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 12:26:28 AM »
rep rax with 4th & 5th peon - if that is exactly how you are doing it and they still have twice as many you either suck or they are doing a newb strat like level 1 rushing
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:54:41 AM »
That's what Yamon told me too. He said as soon as you realize the other spot is hot you should throw up & rep the second rax immediately, then make grunts steadily. Just make sure not to lose them to stupid uc when you attack
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:51 PM »
It's likely they are stopping peon production at 9 peons also.. which means they can instead spend the resources on grunts early .. so the money you spend on peons and extra farms to support those peons, they're spending strictly on grunts (9 peons, 4 farms) .. it's a really aggressive strategy and works if the other person doesn't know how to respond.

If your enemy is "p stopping " (9 peon stopping) it should be obvious  "omfg how do they have so many grunts"  .. that's when you need to play defensively, form a choke with your grunts and force them to try to break the choke.. the trick is to keep your choke in tact while you continue peon production for the most part.. if you can hold the choke, you will demolish them mid-late game because you will be so far ahead in peons which = resources.

If the choke breaks ..AS SOON AS IT BREAKS pull your grunts back to your peons on gold, and start using peons to attack as well.  It takes unit control to do properly but if that choke breaks, using peons to assist in fighting temporarily is your only hope..  and try not to lose any peons to their grunts (unit control...pull peons that are getting hit out of the battle)

Also.. there may come a time where you need to stop peon production temporarily and spend the rest on grunts yourself.. there are clues that you will start to see that give u indications on when to be aggressive,  defensive,  focus on peons, focus on peons etc..

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »
always rep ur first rax, rep the second comparing to situation. u will peon stop to 9-17 peons, whatever seems the best in every situation. usually i like to take few hits and make the opponent think im weak but i have grunts behind hidden. i let him attack few times, i defend and uc. then make one hard hit when he is prolly millin and im still in peonstop mode.

last nite good 12-2 fight, watch that replay me vs dork 12-2 sexy imo.