Author Topic: [solved] Latency issues  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
[solved] Latency issues
« on: December 28, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »
Hey its Matty[iS] here. k so I have tried many things to help me with my latency and hosting issues. I can only play with 2 players (1v1 no watchers). I have tried re installing war2, CPU savior, opening ports, setting my comp as a DMZ, opening a new D WORD in my registry, disabling all firewalls, resetting my router, and i'm sure others minor things too. If anyone has any other suggestions. or if there is anyone out there that is willing to take control of my comp to check it out. I would be very greatful. at the point of giving up on a game I love.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:24:02 PM by mousEtopher »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Latency issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »
ugg man that sounds terrible :(

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:17:26 PM »
Yea I know right! It's brutal. I don't even care if I get to host. I just wanna play games.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »
Hey its Matty[iS] here. k so I have tried many things to help me with my latency and hosting issues. I can only play with 2 players (1v1 no watchers). I have tried re installing war2, CPU savior, opening ports, setting my comp as a DMZ, opening a new D WORD in my registry, disabling all firewalls, resetting my router, and i'm sure others minor things too. If anyone has any other suggestions. or if there is anyone out there that is willing to take control of my comp to check it out. I would be very greatful. at the point of giving up on a game I love.
Here the problem is you're ISP. When I had garbage ATT this helped me fix the conflict issue.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Let me know if it works for you.

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:01:11 PM »
This is something new for me to try. I will let you know. Thanks a lot man!

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:34:52 PM »
blah, unless I configured it wrong it doesn't seem to work for me.

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »
seems I have everything configured correctly. I carefully read over everything twice. I am have just noticed I cannot detect an IPv6 connection tho. Is this a problem? does it have anything to do with my problems do you think?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »
Ipv6 would almost likely be completely irrelevant for you... unless you have la ton of devices connected to your Internet  (laptop, pc, phone, kindles, dvd player, tv, etc...)

The IP address you will be using is the IPv4 address. That is the address specific to the device (either laptop or pc) you're playing on.. when you tried forwarding ports, that IPv4 address is the address you should have been using for the "ip adress" field

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:24 AM »
Say my ip address is 2.22.2.0 .. the first device I connect to the WiFi router with will be assigned the IPv4 address 2.22.2.1 .. if I connect to the WiFi with my phone, the IPv4 address for the phone is 2.22.2.2. .. so when I forward ports, I go to CMD and type /ipconfig on my laptop and use the IPV4 address as my ip address (2.22.2.1)

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 01:12:42 AM »
Yea okay so then. I'm still at a loss for what I can do to fix my latency issues.
Just something I happened to notice while testing my connection after applying my DNS settings.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
I can only play with 2 players (1v1 no watchers).

Yes, everything you tried is irrelevant to your problem.
Firewalls, routers, etc are related to closed port only, not such latency troubles.

1. Make sure everything is ok with your local network:
- ping your router, make sure it's latency is about 1ms.
- try to change wi-fi to lan if you use wi-fi
- of course check your computer performance (make sure it's not using 100% cpu, memory, network, etc).
- try on the different computer in the same network if you have.

2. Global network connection:
Which type of internet you use?
Try ping server.war2.ru to check your average latency. Try to download something (several threads, via torrent or w/e) and repeat ping server.war2.ru. Will it increase your latency?

Did you try other network games? Same problem or everything fine?

If that will not help, I can see 3 ways:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Easy to do, but should help only if you have thoubles with DNS.
2. Try VPN ($2-5-10 per month). Sometime it definitely helps with such problems: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2836.45.html
3. Change your ISP.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:57:04 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
Have u made sure your ICMP is turned on in your router?

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
iL ... yea I pinged my router @ 1ms everytime. how ever I pinged server.war2.ru @ a range from 70 - 80 ms. I can imagine that being a big problem. I do play other games, I have no issues playing Civilization 6 with multiple players and if you know the game, you know its very taxing on the computer, but I can handle that fine. Unfortunately changing ISP is not an option for me as this is not my home. I'd be open to purchasing a VPN, but my funds are too low at the moment.

Is there a reason why my ping is so high for war2.ru as apposed to everything else?

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »
Tupac, I don't see any setting for ICMP in my router settings. I tried googling it, it doesn't seem to help me either. Do I enable this from some other way by any chance?

Offline Matty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
or when I ping my router it is actually 0ms